Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World cup 2015 Jersies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Swiwi. wrote: »
    4584_22557_5689.jpg

I might just get the cotton polo version. Not so keen on those condom-type tops tbh, especially in this current heat wave. It's also quite a bit cheaper.

No contest there I reckon. That's a quality tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The World Cup logo actually ruins the kits somewhat. :(

It's too big or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Anyone else think CommittedToEngland is a crap hashtag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Sanjuro wrote: »

It's important to stress that none of the players will be lining out for any other country for which they are eligible :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Sanjuro wrote: »

Given Canterbury are also using #CommittedToIreland, I'd say yes, yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 loblaw83

When is the shirt out?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

awec wrote: »

I quite like the logo, plus I'd take it over a massive 3 or O2 any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

loblaw83 wrote: »
    When is the shirt out?

Ireland's is out on the 14th July.

As expected it will be just the same as our current jersey sans sponsor.

I for one will be getting it as I think our current shirt is the nicest since the commerative one we wore against SA or our ca. 2001 CCC Irish Permanent shirt with the 2 stripes on the sleeve.

The Three sponsorship is cat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I remember being in a lift in a Scottish hotel for one of our 6n games and there were Americans in the lift with me. They asked what zero squared meant (O2) lol

• Advertisement

I for one will be getting it as I think our current shirt is the nicest since the commerative one we wore against SA or our ca. 2001 CCC Irish Permanent shirt with the 2 stripes on the sleeve.

It'll be a new jersey completely.

Although I'm sure it'll basically be the same as all the international jerseys rarely deviate from the previous incarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

pc7 wrote: »
    I remember being in a lift in a Scottish hotel for one of our 6n games and there were Americans in the lift with me. They asked what zero squared meant (O2) lol

lol...I hope you pointed out the difference between Superscript and Subscript to them.

.ak wrote: »
    It'll be a new jersey completely.

Although I'm sure it'll basically be the same as all the international jerseys rarely deviate from the previous incarnation.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Based on the fact that England's new jersey is the same as their 6N jersey except with the CCC logo and badge moved to accomodate the WC logo we would be in the same boat.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Based on the fact that England's new jersey is the same as their 6N jersey except with the CCC logo and badge moved to accomodate the WC logo we would be in the same boat.

England's jersey is completely new. Apart from the obvious, i.e; they're both white and missing the main sponsor logo. It's a different collar, different cut, new ball-stick chest etc., etc.

Old jerseys

New jerseys

Slight variations, I know, but it is a new jersey and not just the same without logo.

England's jersey is completely new. Apart from the obvious, i.e; they're both white and missing the main sponsor logo. It's a different collar, different cut, new ball-stick chest etc., etc.

Old jerseys

New jerseys

Slight variations, I know, but it is a new jersey and not just the same without logo.

Jaysus you're right. They practically the same and I would be a keen eye normally. I completely missed the collar.

Yeah, allows them to have another draft of sales in the same year. If they just relaunched it as the same jersey but without the sponsor it wouldn't sell as well.

I've been told by someone in CCC our jersey will be different to the current one, but can't imagine it will be too much different at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Try having a big "LIFE STYLE SPORTS" font for a sponsor
    Puts the RWC Logo in perspective - it's grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

You sure is going to be the same? as in the shamrocks in the imprint. Canterbury have a habit of making their jerseys more or less the same for the world. Could we those chevron grippy things on the jersey like on the England shirt?

Yeah, allows them to have another draft of sales in the same year. If they just relaunched it as the same jersey but without the sponsor it wouldn't sell as well.

I've been told by someone in CCC our jersey will be different to the current one, but can't imagine it will be too much different at all.
    lbj666 wrote: »
    You sure is going to be the same? as in the shamrocks in the imprint. Canterbury have a habit of making their jerseys more or less the same for the world. Could we those chevron grippy things on the jersey like on the England shirt?

As the man says. They'll be similar but not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

If Ireland win the rwc suddenly that logo will seem awfully small...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It looks the exact same as the 2011 jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'll reserve totally writing it off until I see it but I don't like that collar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Other than the small bit of detail on the chest it's very plain and very meh.

That collar is rotten. Damn. I was looking forward to picking this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Awful collar, unless you get it tight that's going to be naval gazing!
    I liked the tartan added to the Scottish jersey and tribals added to the Fijians, some feint Celtic symbols wouldnt have gone amiss.

Looks like CCC are lazily going back to 2007 mode with template 1 in green.

The only interest I'd have is that it lacks the 3 logo, so it will get tried on at least.

Yeah seems to be the same collar as the rest of the new CCC jerseys, whilst it looks good on most other jerseys for an Irish one it looks a bit weak or something.

But, to be honest, if you just want a plain Irish jersey this will be the one for to go for with no sponsorship etc. Will need to see what it looks like on tho.

Generally I don't buy jerseys, I'm more interested in the top in this pic, but doesn't seem to be released yet!

355214.png

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

The RWC logo is so out of proportion with the Irish crest & Canterbury logo. Does anyone else think the crest & RWC logo are sitting too high on the jersey? They are practically sitting on the players shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

They are looking for €87.50 in the pre-order page?! Wow...

Advertisement