Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh that's just the bbc publishing some glorified marketing pr.

basically the final, matches involving england and the smallest stadiums are oversubscribed....well colour me suprised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

RuggieBear wrote: »
    tbh that's just the bbc publishing some glorified marketing pr

I hear you but its easy to say its just PR at the same time.

Great hearing that both games being played in Brighton are sold out. Thats 60,000 tickets in a soccer area.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

RuggieBear wrote: »
    tbh that's just the bbc publishing some glorified marketing pr.

I'd say the price is putting some people off applying too, especially that you have to pay a year in advance. Some of my friends are just going to hold tight until next year and see whats available in terms of flights/tickets or organised tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

pc7 wrote: »
    I'd say the price is putting some people off applying too, especially that you have to pay a year in advance. Some of my friends are just going to hold tight until next year and see whats available in terms of flights/tickets or organised tours.

well it's what has put me off. i can't afford to go to more than one match and i live in the uk.

I think that will back fire. I reckon way more matches will be oversubscribed by the end of the month and tickets for those who haven't got them will go for mental prices on these ticket websites.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah its hard know, I've applied and if I get them great if not I'm just going to try do a package nearer the time.

Yeah its hard know, I've applied and if I get them great if not I'm just going to try do a package nearer the time.

I know what you mean.

I've going to go heavy on the tickets front and applied for a fair few plus random matches here and there.

Going for the £315 final tickets too which is crazy money I know! Worse case scenario I'll just sell them to some Kiwi!

Your credit card will melt if you get all you've applied for!

Tell me about it! Dreading it but don't think I'll get everything that I will apply for!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Get in quick lads....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771

Seven games already oversubscribed. Whats even more suprising is that loads of people that I know haven't even applied for tickets given you dont have to do it straight away. There is massive demand out there.

Way more games will be oversubscribed by the end of the month.

Will be a mental World Cup!

Was just checking out the website as I still have to apply. It's handy to see what status each game is at. Looks like the Italy and French match have limited availability. Which I would expect to actually go to ballot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wembley is only available for the first week of the competition so wasn't an option for the Italy or France games.

Guess it would have been if they'd arranged the fixtures so Ireland played those games first. Probably works out for the best with the order of the games as it stands though. Twas a very minor quibble anyways! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Would have loved to go to this, but they have priced me out, the few weekends would have costme more than my 2month trip to the last wc.

Gonna save the money for 2019( that'll be an expensive trip)

More matches gone to ballot.

People hanging in there thinking tickets are going to get cheaper are not going to get anywhere. Up take has been encouraging and they won't be putting down the prices. Well that's what I think anyway we just need the Welsh to get in on the act!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

More matches gone to ballot.

People hanging in there thinking tickets are going to get cheaper are not going to get anywhere. Up take has been encouraging and they won't be putting down the prices. Well that's what I think anyway we just need the Welsh to get in on the act!

It's annoying how you can't just go in and browse the games to see how the demand is looking when you have already submitted an application.

Padkir wrote: »
    It's annoying how you can't just go in and browse the games to see how the demand is looking when you have already submitted an application.

You can. Just edit you application and then you can go back in and view the demand for each match.

Also on the website it says the New Zealand V Argentina match is at limited availability but I had an email today saying its gone to ballot. Reckon that's 11/12 matches gone to ballot already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

You can. Just edit you application and then you can go back in and view the demand for each match.

Also on the website it says the New Zealand V Argentina match is at limited availability but I had an email today saying its gone to ballot. Reckon that's 11/12 matches gone to ballot already.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant it's annoying how you can't do it without going back in to edit! A minor enough inconvenience but I don't see the reason behind it...

Why is the italy game more popular

NGHfGyN.png

The Olympic stadium holds 55,000 compared to Wembley which is 90,000 and it's a lesser game against Romania.

However with the Italy game gone to ballot I expect more to go for the wembley game.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

Lads I'm freaking out. I went to edit my application just to check what was in demand etc. I didnt change anything to do with my application but when i go to the tab "My Application", it says "Application saved on the x of September 2014" but under the cost of the tickets it says "Submit Application". Do i have to submit my application again or am i ok? Really confused/nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭copey

Tickets too overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

3 Sunday matches? That sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Myself and a mate each applied for four Cat C tickets for the France match using a Visa Debit. Does anyone have any idea what happens if you don't have the money in your account if you're successful in the ballot? Considering they'll cost about €700 there's a good chance neither of us will have all the money in our accounts as we've no idea when in October the ballot is taking place. Do you just lose out on your tickets if this happens or do you have a few days to make the payment?

Lads I'm freaking out. I went to edit my application just to check what was in demand etc. I didnt change anything to do with my application but when i go to the tab "My Application", it says "Application saved on the x of September 2014" but under the cost of the tickets it says "Submit Application". Do i have to submit my application again or am i ok? Really confused/nervous

I put my credit card details in again after editing my application. I think that's what the warning was about prior to editing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

My brother lives in London so I must get my spoke in there first in terms of free accommodation! Will sort out my ticket application in the next few days. I reckon Category D for the Romania, Italy and France games with the Increase Your Chances option selected is going to be the way I'll go. May change my mind on that though.

Ireland V Italy has now sold out and gone to ballot.

In total 14 matches have gone to ballot with another few very close by all accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Ireland V Italy has now sold out and gone to ballot.

In total 14 matches have gone to ballot with another few very close by all accounts.

Ah ffs. Any update on the South Africa Scotland game?
    Where are you finding the info please cause every time i go into my account the only option it's giving me is to change my application.

Ah ffs. Any update on the South Africa Scotland game?
    Where are you finding the info please cause every time i go into my account the only option it's giving me is to change my application.

Scotland V South Africa is at limited demand. Doubt it'll go to ballot buts it's a match they will sell out in November.

I'm finding this all out on the website.

All this must be lovely money a year in advance for the organisers

Scotland V South Africa is at limited demand. Doubt it'll go to ballot buts it's a match they will sell out in November.

I'm finding this all out on the website.

All this must be lovely money a year in advance for the organisers
    Any link please?

If I send a link it will direct you to the Rugby World Cup ticket page, best go to that.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Advertisement

If I send a link it will direct you to the Rugby World Cup ticket page, best go to that.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    No hassle, I'm guessing you have to go into your application and I'm not taking any chances there.

Advertisement