Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Just out of the new Terminator movie. Obviously I went in with low expectations but it wasn't too bad tbh. Nowhere remotely close to 1 or 2 but streets ahead of the travesty that was 3. Some of it was forced and there was attempts at humour that were poorly timed, plus the casting in places wasn't great (Emelia Clarke and Jai Courtney did fine, but they weren't Sarah Connor and Kule Reese) and some of it felt forced. But as a popcorn movie it did the job better than a good few others of late.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

There is some pretty good tennising going on in tennistown at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Ah c'mon! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

molloyjh wrote: »
    Just out of the new Terminator movie. Obviously I went in with low expectations but it wasn't too bad tbh. Nowhere remotely close to 1 or 2 but streets ahead of the travesty that was 3. Some of it was forced and there was attempts at humour that were poorly timed, plus the casting in places wasn't great (Emelia Clarke and Jai Courtney did fine, but they weren't Sarah Connor and Kule Reese) and some of it felt forced. But as a popcorn movie it did the job better than a good few others of late.

Genisys is an insult to all the honest, hard working Terminators out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wang King wrote: »
    Ah c'mon! :)

Wtf?

• Advertisement

It may....or may not be drug related

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It may....or may not be drug related

Whatever the text speak made my eyes bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Genisys is an insult to all the honest, hard working Terminators out there.

It wasn't that bad. Def third best of the franchise, although that doesn't say that much. Maybe I just went into it with the right level of expectation.

Stheno wrote: »
    Whatever the text speak made my eyes bleed

With the obligatory U OK hun in the comments

;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

With the obligatory U OK hun in the comments

;)

Yea babez. Xxx.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Yea babez. Xxx.

Isn't there a text speak rule in here? Awec you need to infract yourself :D

Isn't there a text speak rule in here? Awec you need to infract yourself :D

No der is no rule dat sayz dat cuz dis is da way its dun! !!!11one

Edit:actuly der iz a rule. doh!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

And I get **** for talking about the NFL...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

molloyjh wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad. Def third best of the franchise, although that doesn't say that much. Maybe I just went into it with the right level of expectation.

I actually thought it was an MTV parody when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've just had the misfortune of sitting through a full episode of Mrs Brown's Boys.....dear me that is very, very bad.

How do you watch this every week awec?

mfceiling wrote: »
    I've just had the misfortune of sitting through a full episode of Mrs Brown's Boys.....dear me that is very, very bad.

How do you watch this every week awec?

I said it was sh!te back when everyone said it was good. It's as funny as syphilis.

mfceiling wrote: »

I have never had this misfortune.

I've also managed to escape Father Ted for the most part, I saw the rabbit episode and just couldn't get it

Is it not the soaps that awec watches?

I watch good TV (read: Netflix).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think it's Fair City that Awec is into

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭b.gud

I have never had this misfortune.

I've also managed to escape Father Ted for the most part, I saw the rabbit episode and just couldn't get it

Is it not the soaps that awec watches?

That has to be a bannable offence!

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    That has to be a bannable offence!

Lol I knew someone would say that :D

I think it's Fair City that Awec is into

Glenroe ibf. I prefer watching how they live down the country.

Was that not before you were born? I mean, I was a kid when it started?

Was that not before you were born? I mean, I was a kid when it started?

You really think I watch, or even watched Glenroe?

You really think I watch, or even watched Glenroe?

It was the highlight of my weekend as a kid in rural Ireland with only RTE 1 and 2!!!

But no, I can't believe you would be a fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I live in Glenroe, tbh TV made it look a lot more exciting!

stephen_n wrote: »
    I live in Glenroe, tbh TV made it look a lot more exciting!

Is Fidelma still a bit of a ride?

Did she have an affair with miley? I think that might have been around the time I stopped watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I'm old but not that feckin old!

• Advertisement

So True Detective has gone full Twin Peaks on us. Finding this season a bit of a struggle to be honest. Last Season starting to look like a fluke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement