Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glasgot vs. Leinster, Saturday 30th November 7.35PM (Eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 2)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Buer wrote: »
    Did Scott Penny stay on the bench despite a starting flanker departing in the opening minutes with an injury?

Seems odd. Is he fit? Fawley also stayed on the bench despite being able to cover multiple positions?

Dowling's a far more like-for-like replacement for Murphy than Penny would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Are Glasgow that good anymore? That might be the question more relevant

They won the Pro14 how many years ago and have done very little since. When they come up against a decent team in HC they normally fail. They have beaten Leinster in a few games but when it matter Leinster wn. The Pro14 final and in the HC recently when they won with bonus home and away

Some of their best player have left and they have some exciting players going forward but shut them down and they look average

Still saying that I would have expected them to beat a changed Leinster team.

The result did show that the likes of Maloney etc have really started to step up. I thought R Byrne was exceptional again and really controlled the game. I will say it again, I’m absolutely baffled by Ireland overlooking him. Sexton only matured into the player he is around the same age as Byrne.

With Ross and Harry moving forward I think it looks good for Leinster.

It won’t take long now till the press and other provinces start crying about the back row and Leinster should send xyz to another club.....my money is on them starting withDoris

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shefwedfan wrote: »

They won the Pro14 how many years ago and have done very little since.

They were in the final 6 months ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They were in the final 6 months ago...

They keep haemorrhaging their best players though. Hogg plays for Exeter now and they lost Russell the season before last. They can't be expected to lose their test quality and keep making finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It'll be interesting to see the effects in the 6N of the turmoil to the other Celtic unions are going through.

The Welsh have been abysmal at club level, and they've lost most of their international coaching setup in Gatland, McBride, and Edwards, and likely Howley if his judgement is a bad one this month.

Townsend is faced with the fact that a good chunk of his starting players aren't playing in Scotland these days, Hogg, Russell, Maitland, Dell and Laidlaw, and Glasgow not exactly kicking on this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Shefwedfan wrote: »

They won the Pro14 how many years ago and have done very little since. When they come up against a decent team in HC they normally fail. They have beaten Leinster in a few games but when it matter Leinster wn. The Pro14 final and in the HC recently when they won with bonus home and away

Some of their best player have left and they have some exciting players going forward but shut them down and they look average

Still saying that I would have expected them to beat a changed Leinster team.

The result did show that the likes of Maloney etc have really started to step up. I thought R Byrne was exceptional again and really controlled the game. I will say it again, I’m absolutely baffled by Ireland overlooking him. Sexton only matured into the player he is around the same age as Byrne.

With Ross and Harry moving forward I think it looks good for Leinster.

It won’t take long now till the press and other provinces start crying about the back row and Leinster should send xyz to another club.....my money is on them starting withDoris

Tend to agree re Glasgow. Their coach is leaving at end of season to take on massive task of reigniting Australian national team. He must already have one eye on what lies ahead.
    As against Exeter, they faded badly in second half vs largely a second string Leinster and Scotstoun is looking less than the fortress it once was. Edinburgh may well end up this season as the better of the 2 Scottish sides.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Whatever about Glasgow's level of performance this was a very creditable win for a largely shadow Leinster selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Whatever about Glasgow's level of performance this was a very creditable win for a largely shadow Leinster selection.

Absolutely spot on. Leinster have IMHO an All Blacks culture. They can put out a virtual second string side and win against other teams in their league. They decimated a good Connacht side away with a mix and match of first/second choice players and won in Glasgow without any of their main marquee players. Impressive indeed.

Advertisement