Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwing away the chance that you had but didn't want...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FSO_Polonez

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Looks like you'll need to change jobs, i'd even suggest moving to a new country just to be sure you don't bump into her again.
    Burning down the place of work is a given though.

That'd probably have nothing to do with the situation...

Bobblehats wrote: »
    This can also occur if we get our priorities wrong in trying to fend off what we perceive as a threat. Its a bit Like the lad who goes down under the feintest of challenges, instead retaining his focus and taking on the opportunity that was hand. And to make matters worse he didn’t even go down in the box

Sorry, you're going to have to re-word that a bit, as I can't understand it...

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

jesus talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Maybe she was interested or maybe she's one of those over-bearing types that has no sense of personal space. Either way she probably had five seconds of "where did that bloke feck off to" before moving on with her night.

christ you're like a 13 year old who's never conducted a conversation with less experienced a bit of attention from the opposite sex OP. Has a woman ever hit on you before or is this your first rodeo?

bitofabind wrote: »
    jesus talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Maybe she was interested or maybe she's one of those over-bearing types that has no sense of personal space. Either way she probably had five seconds of "where did that bloke feck off to" before moving on with her night.

christ you're like a 13 year old who's never conducted a conversation with less experienced a bit of attention from the opposite sex OP. Has a woman ever hit on you before or is this your first rodeo?

Yeh, people have hit on me before. Usually I'm not long telling them to fcuk off though.

The last time something similar happened was when some random girl said that she's taking me back to a house party with her. I just said to her "I know what that means". What I said after that I can't really remember but it was enough to make her actively avoid me for the rest of the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Yeh, people have hit on me before. Usually I'm not long telling them to fcuk off though.

The last time something similar happened was when some random girl said that she's taking me back to a house party with her. I just said to her "I know what that means". What I said after that I can't really remember but it was enough to make her actively avoid me for the rest of the night...
    it didn't mean what you think it meant

You realize men and women can be just friends right? that talking can be just that?

• Advertisement

Actually, it did, because one of her friends confronted me over it and asked me why would I verbally assault someone who wanted to bring me home for tang tang.

Another time (before that, so I got wise to it) I actually let someone come home with me who apparently wanted to listen to some LPs. I assumed that they wanted to do just that. But it wasn't the case. She disappeared for a few minutes and was then leaning up against a doorframe, bollock naked. I threw a half-full beer can at the wall and then ordered her to leave the house "right now" and don't even think of coming back here. I talked about this to a friend of mine (a girl, as it happens) the following day. The conversation went something like this:

- "Well, what did you think she meant?"
    "I thought she meant just that. Listen to music".
    -*dead silence & funny looks...

You realize men and women can be just friends right? that talking can be just that?

Yes, I do know that. In fact most of my closest friends are girls...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

You've no interest in her, grand. If she approaches you again in work just tell her you're up to your eyes, and use that excuse every time until she gets the hint

Or alternatively you get a room together and break the bed, break break it real good

Yes, I do know that. In fact most of my closest friends are girls...

Are you a girl yourself?

Are you a girl yourself?

No I'm a guy

• Advertisement

No I'm a guy

Ask a doctor to run a full male hormone blood panel, I've a feeling your testosterone is very low and estrogen very high

No I'm a guy

I find you highly lacking in credibility.

italodisco wrote: »
    You've no interest in her, grand. If she approaches you again in work just tell her you're up to your eyes, and use that excuse every time until she gets the hint

Or alternatively you get a room together and break the bed, break break it real good

Like I said, I don't dislike her per se, I just think it would be better for both of us if we interacted as little as possible. I try to avoid walking past her area in work from now on, but I won't be downright mean to her like I usually am with others who I encountered in similar situations...

btw good username, I love that kind of music

Seriously get your testosterone levels checked, I'm not being funny

Seriously get your testosterone levels checked, I'm not being funny

Won't. And why?

I find you highly lacking in credibility.

Nothing I can do about that. But I am a guy

Won't. And why?

You're clearly suffering from testosterone deficiency.
    Look at what you've posted

You're clearly suffering from testosterone deficiency.
    Look at what you've posted

In what way???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ Sara Rotten Zeppelin

if you liiked them would youtell them f off? and would you call it hitting on. i knew someone who when she liked someone would say he chatted her up but if she didn't would say he was coming o0n to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

In what way???

So a woman was interested in you and instead of being upfront with her, you ran away out the back door like a b!tch?Come on man be real.

• Advertisement

So a woman was interested in you and instead of being upfront with her, you ran away out the back door like a b!tch?Come on man be real.
    What is the point if he was not into her

What is the point if he was not into her

Point being he should of been upfront honest with her from the get-go and not do her in such a sh!tty way IMO.And I can't believe I had to explain that.

Point being he should of been upfront honest with her from the get-go and not do her in such a sh!tty way IMO.And I can't believe I had to explain that.
    have

Why would he have any obligation to her?

have

Why would he have any obligation to her?

Had because once it was explained, it became past tense.

And it's called having morals.

Anything else you want to nitpick about?

And it's called having morals.

Anything else you want to nitpick about?
    have had actually. your morals do not apply to everyone

have had actually. your morals do not apply to everyone

That's true enough, morals have steadily decayed as the years go by, I'll give you that Still just had.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think they're referencing the "should of", it's "should have". I'm no grammar autist SG, but yeah tbh that one is a bit irritating alright.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

if you liiked them would youtell them f off? and would you call it hitting on. i knew someone who when she liked someone would say he chatted her up but if she didn't would say he was coming o0n to her

I don't chat up women at all anymore. If I'm talking to a woman, usually the only reason is because she's a friend. The girl I mentioned in my OP, I didn't tell her to fcuk off. She was nice, in every sense of the word, but leggit was the only thing to do at the time that made sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

OP i wholeheartedly stand by your decision you made and find much of the responses to this situation quite the opposite to what I had expected to read. Nobody has an obligation to play along with someones desire just to be nice, I made this mistake 7 days ago.

• Advertisement

OP i wholeheartedly stand by your decision you made and find much of the responses to this situation quite the opposite to what I had expected to read. Nobody has an obligation to play along with someones desire just to be nice, I made this mistake 7 days ago.

I agree. I have met so many people who initially seem nice but actually aren't nice at all...

Advertisement