Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress Alternative

• 26-09-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!

Long time board lurker (years ago) just came back to it recently.

I have wedding in two weeks (evening invitation but it's a reallly fancy hotel).

My issues are this.

1. I hate dresses. I hate them because I've put on a lot of weight in a short time and am not comfortable showing any skin except arms.

2. I hate heels. I would rather be comfortable and enjoy my evening than be worried about walking like a horse and being distraced by pain and wishing for a seat.

So what are my alternatives!?! I've tried a few nice high waisted trousers but they just make my middle look MASSIVE. Would a 2 piece (nice colour) be ok for a wedding? Obviously the hair and make up will be done. OR I might possibly wear a dress *if* I could get away with wearing some nice dressy flat shoes (not pumps)

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Last wedding I went to I wore a jumpsuit and it worked out really well. Google Jumpsuits for wedding and you will get some suggestions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Two piece is perfectly appropriate, just go mad with bling accessories. I wore white shirt, navy trousers with elasticated waist, big chandelier sparkling earrings and red lipstick to a party last year and it looked glam. I would wear the same trousers and shirt with different shoes and make up to work.

Just wear blingy shoes. There are some flats around but in general heels are fairly low and if you can stomach kitten heel there is loads of choice.

I'm linking Uterque Events collection. It might not be for you but it illustrates perfectly how separates can be elevated.

https://www.uterque.com/m/ie/collection/events-c1922623.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AK18

Thanks for the replies!

I bought a lovely (on the website anyway!) looking jumpsuit in a lovely autumnal orange so hopefully it'll fit well.

Love the shound of the white shirt/navy trousers and red lippy.... my kind of outfit! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Go with a jumpsuit.. Some of them can be really dressy and fab. I've a big event coming up soon and instead of the usual type dress I'd wear (ballgown) I'm wearing a really lovely dressy jumpsuit.

Advertisement