Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ladies flat black shoes for office

• 12-09-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

Since earlier this year I've been walking in and out of work most days. I would wear a pair of runners walking in and change into heels when I got into work. Since the summer I've added in going for a 20/25 minute walk on my lunch hour. Because of the added lunchtime walk, I'm less bothered with changing my footwear so much during the day (and remembering to bring shoes in with me). So I'm wearing heels in work a lot less (which is a big thing for me as I'm just over 5 foot). I find myself gravitating toward work outfits that allow me to wear flat shoes - knee length dresses and skirts, petite trousers or peg or tapered trousers.
    My flat shoe wardrobe consists of a couple of pairs of ballerina flats from Penneys and New look. But because I'm walking so much, the soles are literally worn away, I just noticed this morning that my second pair of black flats have worn through on the sole.

So I'm looking for a nice dressy flat black shoe that looks smart for the office but that I can still walk in and dare I say more practical as the winter is coming in.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Would you wear brogues? I've been through a few pairs of the classic ones from Clarks, especially when I worked in a job where I was on my feet a lot, they're very comfy. I have worn them with skirts and skinny trousers, think they look well with most office attire. The style is called Hamble https://www.clarks.eu/search/?text=hamble

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Twee. wrote: »
    Would you wear brogues? I've been through a few pairs of the classic ones from Clarks, especially when I worked in a job where I was on my feet a lot, they're very comfy. I have worn them with skirts and skinny trousers, think they look well with most office attire. The style is called Hamble https://www.clarks.eu/search/?text=hamble
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think brogues are really my style, perhaps a bit too masculine for me personally. But I do like the patent. Never thought of Clarkes for shoes, I don't know why, all of my son's shoes came out of there for his first few years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yeah they're not for everyone, totally appreciate that! I had the patent ones myself.

Clarks are worth a look if you're passing, they have plenty of loafer and ballerina styles with proper soles. Can't vouch for the comfort, physio told me to wear fitted or lace up shoes - I'm 29 going on 90 apparently :pac:

If you're in Dublin, Arnotts are worth a look. They have brands like Paul Green, which can look terribly sensible at a glance, but they do have some stylish shoes with proper support and soles.

Dune tend to have decent flats as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I find New Look do great flat shoes, I walk some of the way in and out of work and they're dead comfy, last for ages too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Nice pair of ladies loafers, comfy but loads of styles to choose from so dressy and fashionable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Was in clarks today and a pair of pumps with a slightly thick sole caught my eye. They just had a twist knot design on the front. And they were feather weight. Looked super comfy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Had a spare hour in town at the weekend so had a quick run around. I picked up this pair in River Island:
    https://www.riverisland.com/p/black-patent-snaffle-chain-ballet-shoes-735453
    Wore them to work yesterday and my feet were sore in the afternoon. I think I have to wear them in a bit - walking 5km in them probably not the best idea. My feet look huge in them and they are only a size 4!
    I did see a lovely pair of soft loafers in M & S but they only had navy in my size and can't seem to find them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

yellow hen wrote: »
    Was in clarks today and a pair of pumps with a slightly thick sole caught my eye. They just had a twist knot design on the front. And they were feather weight. Looked super comfy too.

I have them, bought them in the Kildare village, are amazing for work, really comfy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Personally I would still wear trainers walking in/ out of work. No matter what flats you get they will wear very quickly with a lot of walking. Also they don’t offer the right support for proper walking. Just leave your flats at work

Advertisement