Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Wedding one

• 15-08-2019 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭

I am getting married in three months and I don't have my dress yet. I am asking here because I really don't want a wedding dress. I doubt I will even wear white.

So any recommendations for dressy enough for a wedding but not wedding dress shops in Dublin. (or Kildare, even Belfast at a push). I had seen recommendations for Dirty fabulous but they are closed at the moment and I am trying to panic.

Style would not be full length or too fluffy, I am only five foot two so can't carry off too much dramatic lengths. It's not in a church and a very small wedding so I can really wear what I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What do you like? Do you like patterns? Do you like quirky stuff, structured dresses, boho style and so on..

Like you I didn't want traditional dress, mine was ordered from Outline. Finery, kitri, Ganni are brands I would check.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What kind of money do you want to spend and roughly what size are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Size is 8 to ten on bottom. 12 on top. I'm short and would spend up to 1000. Style would be cocktail or midi length as it's hard to find anything long to suit me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have a look at Alice + Olivia and Marchesa Notte, both on Net A Porter, might be available in BT, not sure.

Vivienne Westwood is another good one, if that's your style.

BT have personal shopping, if they had any brands you think you'd like could be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Have you tried Ted Baker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I was at a wedding recently and the bride wore a Phase Eight dress, it was fabulous
    https://www.phase-eight.com/row/inspiration/bridal-collection/

Advertisement