Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Oh would you just walk your f*cking legs please'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Paths should be divided into lanes to facilitate different types of people; fast paths for people who actually have places to be, slow paths for those just out for a wander, and dawdlers paths for tourists, shoppers, the infirm and the elderly.

There should also be fines for people who stop in the middle of a path to look at their phones and people who congregate outside shop entrances without regard for those coming in and out.

We tried this on the m50 with motorists. Doesn’t work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I'm a pretty fast walker and nothing annoys me more than slow walkers. Especially if their on a narrow path chatting to eachother while oblivious to others behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

It's generally infinitely less edifying to watch somebody with all the intolerance and impatience of youthful masculinity for the old and infirm, than it is to be stuck behind the latter people in crowds.

People grow up and usually get to their mid-30s or mid-40s and become increasingly aware of their own mortality, their own declining speed and fitness and become more tolerant and even accepting of people who don't have the seemingly immortal vigour of youth. The same people are also probably wise enough to know they are frustrated by slower people and try to avoid being in such crowds - by doing online shopping, going to actual shops at quiet times, etc. Simple little pieces of self-knowledge to stop oneself imploding and to get through this short life and its many challenges as peacefully and happily as possible.

Please embrace maturity and wisdom, OP.
    Oh my god the condescension and smugness. Of course they didn't mention anything about old people but why verify details like that when you can go off on a self righteous rant.
    Some sour auld bag of ****s in here, getting worked up over a little trivial annoyance
    Bit ironic there, Riff.

I think it's really inconsiderate of people (obviously not elderly people who have trouble moving) to just half assed saunter in busy areas too. I'm not speed-walking or the type who barges (also inconsiderate) I walk at a perfectly moderate pace. It's not too much to be considerate of other people in a public space, instead of away in your own world.

As ever, the "Be nice" crowd are the ones coming across as far more intolerant, even to the point of making up sh1t that was never said or even implied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

nullzero wrote: »
    That's racist, they're only expressing their culture.

Yes, but the lanes would be beautifully tarmacced.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wet days

You're watching out for people twirling umbrella's at eye level so you don't look down until it's too late. Then you nearly trip up over the kids on fecking leads :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Oh my god the condescension and smugness. Of course they didn't mention anything about old people but why verify details like that when you can go off on a self righteous rant.

Bit ironic there, Riff.

I think it's really inconsiderate of people (obviously not elderly people who have trouble moving) to just half assed saunter in busy areas too. I'm not speed-walking or the type who barges (also inconsiderate) I walk at a perfectly moderate pace. It's not too much to be considerate of other people in a public space, instead of away in your own world.

As ever, the "Be nice" crowd are the ones coming across as far more intolerant, even to the point of making up sh1t that was never said or even implied.

I dont mind people strolling along at whatever speed, i just move around them. Some days I'm slow holding a smallie's hand, and some day i'll be a slow old man trying not to fall over.

Its when they're 4 abreast taking up most of the footpath and yapping away with a "fcuk you all" attitude, that boils my pıss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hammer89 wrote: »
    They shouldn't prioritise my wants over theirs. What they should do, and what any decent human being would do, is consider other people, not just me.

I consider other people all the time, because I'm great and deserve both parachutes. It was very windy at the bus stop yesterday, but I wanted a smoke. What do I do? I walk to the left of the shelter to ensure that my exhalations aren't blown into the faces of the innocent people to the right of me.

That's an example of common decency that I was denied later in the day.

Good for you, you are a prince among men and no mistake.

Now stop and consider that some people aren't in as much of a rush as you are and they are in no way obliged to hurry up for you or to give way so you can storm on to the bus stop and have a smoke before the bus arrives.

Maybe leave a few minutes earlier and chill the fúck out??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Is this Henry St in Roscommon town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Good for you, you are a prince among men and no mistake.

Now stop and consider that some people aren't in as much of a rush as you are and they are in no way obliged to hurry up for you or to give way so you can storm on to the bus stop and have a smoke before the bus arrives.

Maybe leave a few minutes earlier and chill the fúck out??

Leave a few minutes earlier for what? I wasn't in a rush. You're the second person to make out like I was power-walking down Henry St and barging people out of the way because I was late for some sort of meeting or appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I wonder why this rule is not enforced on escalators and walkways in Ireland.

Also I find people who stop suddenly at doorways for a long chat with someone they know to be very annoying. Don't block the doorways.

I once saw someone who was talked to in this fashion take the offending person off to one side with a comment of how people needed to get by and we'll talk somewhere else out of their way.They were like an adult gently chiding a 6 year old child.

Latest trend is people looking down at phones and bumping into and stepping on the toes of all that surround them.

Also worth a mention are aisle blockers in supermarkets but the supermarkets are often as much to blame by stacking goods and "special offers" in the middle of the often too narrow aisles to start with. This practice of narrowing aisles should be stamped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Leave a few minutes earlier for what? I wasn't in a rush. You're the second person to make out like I was power-walking down Henry St and barging people out of the way because I was late for some sort of meeting or appointment.

Well then you definitely need to chill.

Some people walk fast, others walk slow, that's just life, don't let it stress you!

These abominations are in training already. I saw evidence of it in Cork earlier this month. For the past month they've been using a treadmill on the lowest possible setting, the setting reserved for people who've had their legs blown off by an IED and are only now learning to walk again. Those poor souls have an excuse for being slow c*nts, what with being war heroes. These shams have no excuse other than being inconsiderate, as I said a year ago.

Pure zombies like. They're lower than zombies in actual fact because zombies lack the power of conscious thought. These people are conscious - they just don't care about the inconvenience they're causing. They're totally oblivious. Do you know what sort of people are oblivious to their inconvenience? RUDE people.

Consider your fellow man and woman this Christmas. The greatest gift we can give each other is to use the legs that we were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Old people and children should be banned from town during the christmas shopping season.

What really really really pisses me off is when fat lazy kunts stand in the walking lane of an escalator ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

What really really really pisses me off is when fat lazy kunts stand in the walking lane of an escalator ...

Sorry, won’t do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You ok hon ? …

And you were so outraged, you had to start a thread on Boards...…

I hope that fixes it for you …………….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    You ok hon ? …

And you were so outraged, you had to start a thread on Boards...…

I hope that fixes it for you …………….

It has thanks. People need to vent Greenspurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

I particularly hate when they stop and mindlessly coalesce around the doors of department stores like debenhams, it makes me so angry, I also burst a vein

Andreas77 wrote: »
    I particularly hate when they stop and mindlessly coalesce around the doors of department stores like debenhams, it makes me so angry, I also burst a vein

or stopping at the TOP of stairs whilst people are still moving up !!!

GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU FAT STUPID F*CKING KUNTS!!

Standing there with their mouths open gawping at nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

The christmas spirit is strong on here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

And when you want to walk around them they coincidentally start walking to the side as well... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Was is that it’s as if some of them have webbed crotches

CharmingGaseousIndianglassfish.gif

Hey try this. Granted some chinese isn’t all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

There's a special place in hell for stationary idiots at the top of escalators.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Nobody seems to have mentioned the lovers so far - dozy couples ambling along HOLDING HANDS so that they block the entire footpath. Two slow moving gobshi*es for the price of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Old people and children should be banned from town during the christmas shopping season.

Does that include buggies? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Odhinn wrote: »
    You should just walk up behind them and shout "RAPPIN PAYPUR-ANYONE FOR DE RAPPIN PAYPUR"

I didn’t know what this meant so I said it out loud to myself and I’ve been laughing now for about 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Nobody seems to have mentioned the lovers so far - dozy couples ambling along HOLDING HANDS so that they block the entire footpath. Two slow moving gobshi*es for the price of one.
    The shock in their eyes as a lamp post approaches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Notice this a lot on the commute. Earphones in and body language very lethargic. Speaks volumes.

Advertisement