Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you spot a paedophile by the way they look?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Oh Jesus.

I despair at reading the thread title, and despaired that there was a 'study' done that suggested you can.

My life would definitely be a lot better, if you could spot a paedophile by the way they looked - although, of course, people, especially my parents, would've had to been bothered doing anything to stop it even if it was that easy.

Although of course in their case they would've served the situation a lot better by spotting him by how he acted. He really couldn't have been more obvious.

But seriously, when the fcuk are we going to stop living in a society that even thinks that it's possible to spot a paedophile by how they look, that a rapist will look creepy, or whatever similar other ****e.

When will we wake up to how harmful even making jokes and trivial comments about this (feck knows how often I've seen this), and when will we wake up to the harm that these misconceptions cause within society and within children's lives every single day, and how childhoods are destroyed as a result. It is the fcuker who carries out their actions that ruins the kids childhood, and they alone are responsible for their actions, but the society we live in plays a huge part in letting it carry on, without even knowing it.

That's a clever point but havn't there been female paedophiles as well?

Yes. A friend of mine was sexually abused by her mother, and a girl I was in hospital with was sexually abused by a female family friend.

We've no idea how common it is, as when it does happen, it will be so little talked about, but it certainly happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

a third toe longer than the second toe

Is that not common in a lot of men? I know with the hand the ring finger is often longer than the index finger due to testosterone. Couldn't it be the same thing happening with toes, maybe just not as common?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Asking can you spot a paedophile by the way they look , in my opinion , is akin to trying to use Racial Profiling , see
    Massive difference.

We already know that characteristics can find expression in 'packages' for want of a better word, depending on where genes are located on chromosomes. After all, it's been speculated that a gene for baldness is located adjacent to a biologically favourable gene, which has accidentally given rise to baldness, even though baldness confers no known advantage on reproduction.

Whereas there isn't simply a Roma or African 'gene', for example. There is a vast, diverse array of genetic information coding for those racial characteristics.

Sudden horrible thought that there's ever chance there's a paedophile(s) reading this now, going, 'well, I don't fit the bill. Ha!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

which has accidentally given rise to baldness, even though baldness confers no known advantage on reproduction.
    It was either accidental or women selected it by finding bald men sexy.

Males of most mammalian species always have some physical characteristics of their maleness on display. The fact baldness is a pattern unique to each male, is driven by testosterone and serves no obvious function would imply it's an attractor feature. Baldness might have looked much more impressive on men that didn't shave with the beard and bald pattern being an instant way to distinguish between men.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It was either accidental or women selected it by finding bald men sexy.

Males of most mammalian species always have some physical characteristics of their maleness on display. The fact baldness is a pattern unique to each male, is driven by testosterone and serves no obvious function would imply it's an attractor feature. Baldness might have looked much more impressive on men that didn't shave with the beard and bald pattern being an instant way to distinguish between men.
    Yes, those are other theories of baldness, the one I referenced is another.

I am simply trying to illustrate that characteristics can travel in 'packages', depending on their genetic origins. It wouldn't have been entirely surprising, for example, if that 'big foot/ big dick' myth were true (it isn't true)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Have we figured out who the pedo is yet? It could be any of us. I suggest we go full John Carpenter on this and burn the entire place down before the fcuker can refreeze itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What purpose will the study serve if successful? also, innocent until proven guilty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Of course you’d say that OP, you have the brainpan of stage coach tilter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Pedos all look pretty much like Morgan in this video: http://www.fat-pie.com/vdt.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Of course you’d say that OP, you have the brainpan of stage coach tilter.

Stagecoach is one word and thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Apparently it is after they've been convicted - "Look at those beady eyes - you'd know they were a weirdo nonce!"

Advertisement