Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise

• 01-08-2004 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

So....male and female alike....what do you use. I use "Simple" products, but I feel I could do better.

If you dont use them...whats yor reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

These days I use sun tan cream to moisturise my face as it does fairly well to moisturise and also prevents excess sun attacks.

Love using face packs when I have the time and relaxation to do so.

Elizabeth Arden moisturiser because I had very little money and it was only €3. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Have used Nivea Products - Cleanser and Toner for all skin types - crap. Light moisturizing cream - crap. These days I use nothing, I prefer the beauty from within approach - healthy eating & excercise etc. That way my skin becomes a gauge to my health as a opposed to a problem in itself that needs to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i wouldn't say i cleanse or tone, and i only moisturise when my skin feels REALLY dry, or im going to be putting make-up on. i use water and whatevers handy for my face. im currently using tesco value baby wipes to take off make-up. i find them excellent for the price, i couldn't be bothered with all those face products tbh. far too expensive and time consuming for me what with three step this and twice daily that. my skin isn't great but i cant see how a pile of expensive products would really help because i'd probably never use them. im just so lazy when it comes to stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Stark wrote:
    Have used Nivea Products - Cleanser and Toner for all skin types - crap. Light moisturizing cream - crap. These days I use nothing, I prefer the beauty from within approach - healthy eating & excercise etc. That way my skin becomes a gauge to my health as a opposed to a problem in itself that needs to be fixed.

So very true.
    Same for me, since i've drank more like the recommended 2.5 litres of liquid a day and exercise, my skin is in better shape and no need for any cleaning/moisturize products.
    Only product i use is presciption based for facial dryness(Rozex for a real skin problem than cosmetic) which i use mildly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I use 'Simple' wash... and Vichy to moisturise occasionally (on medical advice :-p seriously).

I have tried pretty much everything - and it seems as though Simple is the best by a decent length for me. However, my skin is pretty unique - if I use soap, it seems to rash somewhat and if I don't use soap, it becomes incredibly dry. Other products such as Clarins/Silcocks Base/Neutrogena have simply accentuated the effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

I've combo/oily skin. I use Lancome's Gel Controle Facial Wash as a cleanser & then i use Boots NO7 Mattifying Moisturiser as my moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

danni is that stuff any good? the mattifying moisturiser? cause one thing that bothers me about my face is that it cant often be quite shiny, when its a bit oily or when its dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

1) I start off with Clinique Soap (It's not actually soap but they just call it that)
    2) Pat the face dry.
    3) Use Clinque Toner No. 2.5
    4) Use "All About Eyes" for the bags/darkness around my eyes.
    5) Apply M-Lotion Moisturiser.

Even living the most healthy life the skin still needs extra help. Sunlight, wind, gravity and changing temperatures all age the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

damien.m wrote:
    1) I start off with Clinique Soap (It's not actually soap but they just call it that)
    2) Pat the face dry.
    3) Use Clinque Toner No. 2.5
    4) Use "All About Eyes" for the bags/darkness around my eyes.
    5) Apply M-Lotion Moisturiser.

Even living the most healthy life the skin still needs extra help. Sunlight, wind, gravity and changing temperatures all age the skin.
    Are you a woman in disguise? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

L5 wrote:
    Are you a woman in disguise? :p

Would you like me to be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

i just started using cetaphil "non irritating" cleanser for sensitive skin. my skin isn't really all that sensitive but someone recommended it. so far i really like it, only drawback being that it's quite expensive. haven't been using toner of late... also available: cetaphil moisteriser! although i've only seen it in states so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Christian Dior cleansing water is the best cleanser in the business by far and away. It's quite scary to see what it takes off and yet it's still really gentle so it can be used to take off eye makeup. The better you cleanse you cleanse and moisturise the better your make-up looks so it's realy so important. Am alergic to toner so don't do that, a splash of water after cleansing is more than sufficient. Wash my face with Lancome LCM facial wash in the shower also. Then moisturiser wise it's either Lancome LCM or Hydra Zen depending on budget constraints naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

My skin care regime is almost non-existant and I've never had any problems with my skin!!

I use make-up remover wipes to take off makeup.
    I just wash my face with shower gel while i'm in the shower.

None of that cleanse/tone/moisturiser crap for me thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

- Clinique for men face scrub to exfoliate and before shaving.

- Clinique for men cream shave for shaving

- Clinique for men post shave healer after shaving

- Almay refinisher to make skin look even toned.

- Maybe a bit Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion the odd time

- Clinique all about eyes for under my eyes whenever I remember to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Seraphina wrote:
    danni is that stuff any good? the mattifying moisturiser? cause one thing that bothers me about my face is that it cant often be quite shiny, when its a bit oily or when its dry.

try neutrogena pore reducing matifier.. its for after moisturising but its deadly for eliminating shine ... just put it on the shiny areas .. it lasts for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I used to use the Clinique products until I realized that washing my face with lard (their soap) and dousing it in alcohol (their toner) wasn't doing me any favours whatsoever.

I have acne, so I:

- cleanse with Boot's Tea Tree/Witch Hazel cleanser (€4 ish)
    - tone with Rosewater and Glycerin (€1 ish)
    - moisturize with one of the Garnier products (€7 ish)

I also use a topical prescription skin cream on occasion.

So far, so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I have sensitive skin which is prove to outbreaks :o so I use a lot of Clinique and Neutrogena products - both dermatologist recommended and there's good science behind them.

Cleanse: Tesco Skin Wisdom cream cleanser
    Wash: Clinique extra-mild soap
    Tone: Clinique Clarifying lotion 2
    Moisturise:At night, any old moisturiser but during the day I use Neutrogena Healthy Defence with SPF 30 on my face and Neutrogena/ Coppertone suncream on my neck (no creamy residues like with cheap ones)
    Eyes: Bobbi Brown eye cream and Clinique Take the Day off makeup remover

I also got a sample of Clinique Nighttime blemish gel which is really good and works a lot better than the prescription acne gel my doctor suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PandeB

I have very sensitive skin, very prone to being dry and scaly. I tried everything I could get my hands on to give me the smooth silky skin I craved.
    Finally I found the answer,
    Tesco Skin Wisdom Face Wash followed by Tesco Vitamin E moisturiser. Total cost is less than €5 and it works perfectly.
    The vitamin E face wash is great too,just didnt have any in stock last time I went to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

neev wrote:
    My skin care regime is almost non-existant and I've never had any problems with my skin!!

I use make-up remover wipes to take off makeup.
    I just wash my face with shower gel while i'm in the shower.

None of that cleanse/tone/moisturiser crap for me thanks!

Yeah and how old are you? I'm guessing you're a teenager. Treating your skin like that will come back and bite you in the ass when you're in your twenties, trust me!

Personally I use Evian cleansing wipes, then a St Ives facial scrubs or foaming face wash, I don't use a toner (don't see the point), just a few splashes of ice cold water, and I moisturise with Nivea Q10. I've recently started using night cream as well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

All women should do the 3 steps twice a day.

Cleanse - Tone - Moisturise

I use all Matte products i bought 10 months ago in Bellisimo limerick. I have both dry & oily skin so i bought the sensitive care.
    The cleanse & toner bottles are large and then i have the Matte day cream & Matte night cream moisturiser.

I find them very good for my skin leaving it very freshly cleansed, soft and nicely glowing.

Bit of a tip - Whatever cleanser you use
    If you find yourself coming out of the bath or shower with a face as red as tomatoes, rub some cleanser on your face but dont wash off. this way the heat of your shower or bath wont make your face as red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I use dermalogica, and I find it really good....
    but its not cheap!!
    I also use simple sometimes.

Advertisement