Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Edinburgh, Fri 29th Nov 7:35pm, Eir Sport

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Why? Because it would improve Munsters chances of winning while also giving game time to the younger players beside more experienced players.

Again nobody is talking about dumping the young players after one performance.

You posted and I highlighted the bit saying you want more experienced team

Munster spent all last season playing the more experienced team the majority of the team and they still ended up with a semi loss....this season when they need an injection of youth as they couldn’t sign anyone the players have no experience

I’m not saying throw the young players to the wolves but talking about dropping them for more experienced is very short sighted view....

I thought some of the rugby last night was really exciting, from a supporters point of view it gives you a reason to go to game.....if it’s the same
    Senior team trashing a pro14 team it’s not very exciting

But getting the chance to watch the young players should pull a crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Wouldve liked Conor Oliver to have gotten more gametime, also O'sullivan and Casey need to be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭phog

From such a shaky start we got into that game and should have won it. We had Edinburgh on the ropes and then we cough up two penalties that gave Edinburgh the field position to get their last try. Maddening.

The we finish the game inside our own 22.

I was disappointed with the officials but they were poor for both teams.

Overall, I'm happy with the gradual improvements in Munster's play but the two areas of concern for me is our penalty count and the errors, better teams will punish us on the scoreboard if we continue as we're going. I understand you'll have errors while evolving your game but I'd like to see us reduce those errors in the near future. A few big games due between now and the end middle of January that could well be season defining.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I only caught this one on the radio, but it sounded like our missed tackle count was pretty high, to go with the error count?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭phog

aloooof wrote: »
    I only caught this one on the radio, but it sounded like our missed tackle count was pretty high, to go with the error count?

ESPN has us on 23 missed tackles - I was at the match and it wasn't something I was annoyed with at the time but seeing those figures makes it me think we really let that match slip away form us.

I must watch it again and take a look at our defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Wouldve liked Conor Oliver to have gotten more gametime, also O'sullivan and Casey need to be involved

There were enough kids out there. McCarthy at 9 wasn't great but I like the idea of putting the more experienced player beside Ben Healy. That backline has to be one of the youngest Munster have ever named in the Pro14.

Conor Oliver is in a contract year and I don't see him being retained.

Advertisement