Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What’s the story with BT sports and new PPV structures

• 04-07-2019 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Any idea what the future holds with regards watching the fights - I know Eir are ditching BT sport so when does this take effect and how can we watch the fights going forward - will everything be PPv or can we get a monthly subscription to all the ufc fights outside of fightpass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

bt will be on sky you will have to pay for bt sports and then buy bt sport box office to watch some numbered cards with 239 being the first. get your bandanna and your patch and search the internet seas if you catch my drift:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

shanec1928 wrote: »
    bt will be on sky you will have to pay for bt sports and then buy bt sport box office to watch some numbered cards with 239 being the first. get your bandanna and your patch and search the internet seas if you catch my drift:pac:

Shame but I guess we have gotten free fights for years.
    Do you know with BT sport me will be direct with them (previously via Eir)
    So we will need to pay a Bt sports subscription and the pay for each PPv - seems a bit over kill especially for the fans that only had bt sports for access to the ufc.

The good times are over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

As far as I know its only a few numbered cards that will be ppv and not every single one, my guess is it'll fail badly and they'll stop charging after 2 or 3 events

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

xtal191 wrote: »
    As far as I know its only a few numbered cards that will be ppv and not every single one, my guess is it'll fail badly and they'll stop charging after 2 or 3 events

And then probably increase the cost of subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

And then probably increase the cost of subscription

Think they increased it just before announcing the ppvs too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Also we weren't getting them Free if you sub'ed BT sports... BT said when they get UFC back that they would show all on BT Sports 1,2,3 then changed page after when they started this crap.

I hope they get abysmal numbers this weekend.

Just cancelled Eir account, seems BT is gone from them anyway from end of month.

Any news on how the bt ppv went?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Any news on how the bt ppv went?

PPV numbers are rarely made public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

any ideas when BT spots will be gone from Eir and only available view the Sky Sports package?

• Advertisement

End of this month, if sky sports customer its 10 euro for 6 months and 20 after 6 months (non 17/34)

today is the day, sky promoting bt and premier.

I don't see it on skygo, anyone sign up yet? anyone ask them if it will be available on skygo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

OK I just clicked the red button and it says sky sports and extra 30 on a 12 month contract
    Seems awfully cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

smilerf wrote: »
    OK I just clicked the red button and it says sky sports and extra 30 on a 12 month contract
    Seems awfully cheap

And then ppv for the big cards on top if that , nothing cheap about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

dashoonage wrote: »
    And then ppv for the big cards on top if that , nothing cheap about that
    For 10 channels it is
    All the football and most of the ufcs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Came in from the pub last night and figured I'd look at some of the prelims from Covington Lawlor before heading to bed. Turns out I had access to the main card already. Normally with a fight night it takes maybe a fortnight before it's available.

Anybody know if this was because of the original Russian deal for this card, the hour it was on at, or (fingers crossed) perhaps we'll have all non numbered events available that quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kenji

Outside of the high seas and BT,what are your options to watch UFC now ?? Thanks!

kenji wrote: »
    Outside of the high seas and BT,what are your options to watch UFC now ?? Thanks!

Without sailing the high seas BT and fight pass are the only options , not sure if content is blocked on fightpass still because of the BT deal , will still have to pay for ppv on fight pass and some numbered cards on BT will be ppv.

We had it good there for a while , I’d pay for fight fightpass if the ppv were free on it to be honest

I've been watching since the glory days on Bravo :)

I don't have a clue how to navigate the high seas.
    I will gladly pay for their product but they're not making it easy.£30 a month on top of Sky sub is just too much considering I only watch UFC on BT.

Is it possible to view all live events on Fight Pass in Ireland.I would pay extra for the PPV events if needs be ?? Thanks!

quote="dashoonage;110878357"]Without sailing the high seas BT and fight pass are the only options , not sure if content is blocked on fightpass still because of the BT deal , will still have to pay for ppv on fight pass and some numbered cards on BT will be ppv.

We had it good there for a while , I’d pay for fight fightpass if the ppv were free on it to be honest[/quote]

I honestly don't know the fightpass set up , someone else can clarify hopefully.

Bravo... man were old :)

• Advertisement

So, further to my earlier post, and maybe as an answer to subsequent queries, there appears to have been some sort of glitch last night. This morning the main card is blacked out.

Re fight pass in general, you get early prelims and prelims live on fight pass. The main card is blacked out, depending on whether it's a fight night or ppv for between 1 and 3 weeks, I think. I don't usually watch the main card on fight pass, I sail the high seas.

There used to be an option to purchase ppv through the app, but that's gone since the BT deal

dashoonage wrote: »
    Bravo... man were old :)

I can beat that, I saw UFC 1, 2 and 3 on bootleg VHS back around '96ish

Can you purchase the ppv if you have a vpn ?

I couldn't even find last nights full card on the high seas,last night or this morning !?

I just rang Sky and they said it's 10e for 6 months and 20e for remaining 6 months.
    Would this be the most reliable option ??
    Tempted to go for it..

cletus wrote: »
    So, further to my earlier post, and maybe as an answer to subsequent queries, there appears to have been some sort of glitch last night. This morning the main card is blacked out.

Re fight pass in general, you get early prelims and prelims live on fight pass. The main card is blacked out, depending on whether it's a fight night or ppv for between 1 and 3 weeks, I think. I don't usually watch the main card on fight pass, I sail the high seas.

There used to be an option to purchase ppv through the app, but that's gone since the BT deal

Did someone have a list a while back of what cards will be ppv on BT this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

UFC 242 is on BT Sports Box Office. Not exactly an amazing card from top to bottom, other than Khabib vs Poirier there ain't a lot of name value. It will probably be shown the following Friday like UFC 239 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ERG89 wrote: »
    UFC 242 is on BT Sports Box Office. Not exactly an amazing card from top to bottom, other than Khabib vs Poirier there ain't a lot of name value. It will probably be shown the following Friday like UFC 239 was.
    Due to the location, they’ve booked a Muslim fight card. Which means that outside of Khabib and Makhachev, there are lots of lower ranked, or newly signed fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Shame but I’ll pay it just to watch the main event.

Hope they lay off ppv for 243.
    244 will definitely be ppv.

Advertisement