Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

i spent most of the weekend and this am trying to find out what the problem with my I banking is,
    I made the mistake of saying that a particular part of their no is confusing(although the ppl involved would have known how to fix this), from then on, this was the problem and cs wouldnt listen to me.

By complete fluke I got the right person in the correct instution who spotted that the problem was NOT the one everyone inisited it was and one the CUSTOMER would not have been aware of.

Three working weeks and a full weekend accessing three institions on various platforms(and running up MY bills) and its not my fault and could never have been that.

TA, I cant figure out if who Im most annoyed at!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

People who refer to their hubby
    And if it's online it's even worse with they spell it hubbie

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Coworkers that refuse to think for themselves and expect me to do their thinking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was at a service station a few weeks ago and we had a take-away in the car.
    I went to the bin and one side was marked recycling and the other was marked general rubbish and both had very small openings.
    I was over half ways through sorting everything and I realised that everything went into the same plastic bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There is an ad on 8radio for a gig soon .. "tickets cost X amount with a €1 charity donation". No mention of who the charity is. But surely charitable donations should be voluntary. If buying online - tick the box if you want to donate. If you dont thats fine. But being coaxed into the donating - is this the norm now?

Fwiw - I donate when and where I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People farting in confined areas and then laughing their sides sick about it :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bananas. I used to like them, but the last few times I’ve had them I’ve gotten a really bad pain in my stomach afterwards. Had an ice cream sundae with bananas in earlier and now my stomach is killing me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Mongos who are talking to ya but constantly look at their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Trying to pay a bill over the phone and nobody’s answering.. I’m literally trying to GIVE you money you idiots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mr chips

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I went into an ice cream place yesterday to get a 99.
    There was a lovely female working there. Whilst in the queue, I was constantly saying to myself, 'Don't say 69, don't say 69'. I get to the top of the queue.

Boom: " Can I have a ............................................ 99 please"
    Lovely Female: "Sorry?"
    Boom's inner monolgue: "****, did I say 69 or 99, I'm pretty sure i got 99 out, like I even paused to make sure of it."
    Boom: " A 99 please :)"

And yes, I got strawberry sauce on it.

2017-01-12-mentally-prepared.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA yet again about the sizing in Penneys. 6-8 is too small yet the 10-12 is too big. No size 8-10 anymore :(,, I'd be a 10 generally so tried on the 10-12 in a couple of tops, hummed and hawed, then bought them. Tried them on again at home and they look too baggy and sleeves too long. Back they'll have to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I can't believe I have to post this:mad:

The use of Mongo/Mongoloid or any variations of it is deeply offensive and against the charter of Boards as a whole.

If the use of these terms continue here, bannings WILL follow!

'Sake:mad:

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

I really do apologise about that, I know it’s no excuse but I genuinely didn’t know it was an offensive term. I’m ashamed that at my age I had to Google it to find out it’s meaning.

I’ve changed the post now but I do appreciate and respect the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Not trivial but I'm sad so I'm going to put it here anyway. My marriage ending. Ten years she's been in my life. Feeling all sorts of sadness right now.

with you there bro, only it was 35 years, found out in november [cheating] for more or less 35 years, led him and me a merry dance, if it's not your fault don't torture yourself , it will fade away but i don't know if it will ever go out of your mind [that's how it's effecting me anyway] keep your head up, if your young you'll soon meet someone, get out there and enjoy yourself.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I had a nearly full tub of lip balm on my bedside locker. Went to use it before bed and it was nowhere to be found. Not in the bedroom, not in the kitchen and not in my bag. Just seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I really do apologise about that, I know it’s no excuse but I genuinely didn’t know it was an offensive term. I’m ashamed that at my age I had to Google it to find out it’s meaning.

I’ve changed the post now but I do appreciate and respect the warning.

Don't sweat it, MissD, appreciate the candid response:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was at a service station a few weeks ago and we had a take-away in the car.
    I went to the bin and one side was marked recycling and the other was marked general rubbish and both had very small openings.
    I was over half ways through sorting everything and I realised that everything went into the same plastic bag.

Reminds me of when I worked in Superquinn. They had a big container where they asked customers to leave their plastic bags for recycling, which many people did, but the container was emptied into a giant general rubbish compactor on a weekly basis and sent to land fill. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being woken up with a bad cramp in my calf, flipping hell I nearly fell out of the bed it was so painful and I can still feel it .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Being woken up with a bad cramp in my calf, flipping hell I nearly fell out of the bed it was so painful and I can still feel it .

Had that saturday night. Intense pain. Nearly as bad as cramp in your toes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Horseracing news on the radio. If there was no betting, no one would look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This always worked for me.
    You need to get out of the bed, put just the toes of the affected leg on the floor (leg slightly bent) and push down with your leg - it always relieved the cramp for me.
    When I was younger, I used to get a lot of these cramps and it got to the stage that I would deal with them as above, pretty much without waking up.

My father always swore by tonic water before bed - probably best to have gin in it too:D

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Horseracing news on the radio. If there was no betting, no one would look at it.

I'm always looking at horse racing on the radio - who wouldn't ? - and I don't bet.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You need to get out of the bed, put just the toes of the affected leg on the floor (leg slightly bent) and push down with your leg - it always relieved the cramp for me.
    When I was younger, I used to get a lot of these cramps and it got to the stage that I would deal with them as above, pretty much without waking up.

My father always swore by tonic water before bed - probably best to have gin in it too:D

It is most likely due to dehydration. Drink more water during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I'm always looking at horse racing on the radio - who wouldn't ? - and I don't bet.:)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

More than TA posters,you compare the death of a dog to that to the death of a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Must be fairly common then, because I had the same thing last week.
    Nothing says anything like a good nights sleep than being woken up in at 4 in the morning in blinding pain because of this. What makes it even better is that a few hours later the other leg goes the same way and strangely enough, I can still feel a tightness in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I heard the same thing. That and bananas. The potassium in it me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Re the cramps, horrible things.
    I get them in my foot sometimes and it's always when i am driving which is not nice.

Old friend of mine celebrating a big birthday along with his wife.
    They decided to rent a stable or barn or something 2 hours drive from where they and most of their friends live.
    There is no accommodation available within walking distance.
    They plan to provide a pot of curry. Not supplying drinks.

Now I feel like a cnut for not wanting to drive 4 hours and spend a couple of hundred euros on a hotel and taxis to spend the day in a barn eating a plate of curry while drinking my own booze!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Must be fairly common then, because I had the same thing last week.
    Nothing says anything like a good nights sleep than being woken up in at 4 in the morning in blinding pain because of this. What makes it even better is that a few hours later the other leg goes the same way and strangely enough, I can still feel a tightness in it.

You have to be careful with the, overly, “vigorous” **** in this “heat”, lads. Most of us tend to either point our toes, if lying down, or go up on our “tippy toes” if by the sink.

It’s the sink ones that will kill you. Hopping up like a ballet dancer well before the “vinegar” strokes is just asking for trouble.

I’d suggest that you do some “stretching” beforehand in future, I’m sure you can find the “appropriate” ones online. It’s the only way to avoid those nighttime cramps.

Keep the fluids up as well, guys. And best of luck.

The tide is turning…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement