Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 20 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Morzadec wrote: »
    I can see the argument for Sterling as he's a proven big hitter explosive asset and the only one of such available for City right now, and KDB owners should have the funds.

But for me the eye test and the numbers lately point to Gundo. The fact that penalties should be his just adds to the appeal. And then the fact that he's cheaper too (although funds not really an issue right now) He's wandering into central areas constantly, with no proper striker he often seems to be the one getting into the dangerous areas for a shot at the end of a move. Sterling looked very wide and very uninvolved against Villa. Pep can definitely change up the tactics but against Villa you had Cancelo coming in from right mid to play pretty much as a centre mid in position. This left Sterling to play out wide in not too a dissimilar position to an attacking full back.

Looking at the last 3, or even last 5 games, Gundo is getting better Xg/Xa than Sterling (and real points too of course) and that's even without pens.

It's kind of a form vs pedigree debate, and I don't really need the funds saved going for Gundo but I think I'm going with form on this one (with penalties an important additional factor).

Makes sense but I'm still thinking of going with Sterling or Foden! I'm guessing now Jesus starts now up front so Sterling will be wide left so between Foden / Sliva / Torres / Maherz only 2 will start, it probably leaves enough doubt not to go Foden even thought I want to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,042 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Even if we try to guess the FA Cup team and then try to guess the league game after that, would it be something like this?

FA cup

Fernandinho
    Gundogan Foden
    Mahrez Jesus Torres

League

Rodri
    Gundogan Foden
    Silva Jesus Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fitz* wrote: »
    Even if we try to guess the FA Cup team and then try to guess the league game after that, would it be something like this?

FA cup

Fernandinho
    Gundogan Foden
    Mahrez Jesus Torres

League

Rodri
    Gundogan Foden
    Silva Jesus Sterling

You will only hurt your head trying to 2nd guess Pep.

CSF wrote: »
    You will only hurt your head trying to 2nd guess Pep.

Absolutely!

Getting your starters right under Pep is almost deserving of points of their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any guesses what no Kev does to Mahrez game time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

As bad as Liverpool are playing, I'd nearly be more inclined to hang onto TAA rather than Salah. The Liverpool defence is still scoring points while the attack is not. For 2 more weeks at least. I'm not 100% on this but I don't think he will get dropped either. If he doesn't play Sunday in the cup, he will probably play in the league again. Maybe Salah out for Sterling because you will need City players.

The KDB transfer, the best options are the ones you've named IMO. I'll probably go Maddison, although the Vardy news does but a bit of a twist on it. How will the Leicester attack perform without him. Will Barnes or Maddison move further forward etc. Both are kind of differentials at this stage.

And a City defender is needed. Walker is out now so Cancelo is more nailed now. Dias is fairly nailed, and Stones looks it too but always the risk of Laporte coming back. Maybe wait til after the FA Cup to see who was rested in that game.

In order of priority, I would go

Kilman -> Cancelo (or Stones/Dias)
    Salah -> Sterling
    KDB -> Maddison

I think those transfer for a -8 should leave you with plenty of money ITB also. Sets up a 11 like this for this week. If the 2 transfers all play and get 2 points each, that's nearly the -8 covered. You can work on upgrading the others then in the weeks preceding with the extra money ITB.

McCarthy
    TAA Cancelo Dallas
    Sterling Maddison Bruno Grealish
    Watkins Bamford

Thanks man. I have one mill in the bank so yes you are right I should really do kilman now. I'm assuming you'd start Cresswell and have Chris wood on the bench then? Sounds like a plan to me. I'm not bought on sterling and Madison but to be fair I wasn't bought on Antonio either and those moves will give me way more cover than I have .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'll need to sell Robertson or Salah. It's too much money for their returns over the last while. Not sure which to sell though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

siblers wrote: »
    I'll need to sell Robertson or Salah. It's too much money for their returns over the last while. Not sure which to sell though

Agree. Something is not right in pool camp, not the same machine. Confidence is low.

FHFC wrote: »

Not really, but eh he played (and blanked) in the 2 games from earlier in the season that De Bruyne missed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

What's the general consensus on KDB replacement?

Rashford - out of form
    Mane - out of form
    Grealish - I own - not great form
    Son - I don't have him but thinking he might be good to bring in
    Gundogan - Actually decent at his price and lots in the bank to improve elsewhere
    Foden - seems a nice solution and should play more, more in bank too
    Sterling - City less appealing w/o KDB
    Maddison - good form but Vardy out so less assist appeal, good price tho
    Salah - I own but out of form
    Bruno - I own but like plenty
    Aubayemang - really???

Missing anyone or anyone a good punt?

Pogba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Pogba

Ross Barkley could be a good budget option too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What about Auba lads? Poor return so far but the 2 goals he got mid week might be the shot in the arm he needed. I nearly forgot he was listed as a midfielder. Arsenal's form is pretty good. Is he still on penalties?

What about Auba lads? Poor return so far but the 2 goals he got mid week might be the shot in the arm he needed. I nearly forgot he was listed as a midfielder. Arsenal's form is pretty good. Is he still on penalties?

He is on penalties but he has only had one performance, is crazy expensive and most importantly has bad fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

I have 0.1 to spare on KDB price so can hold out another day or 2 on making my moves. Taylor will be going with him for a -4 to Cancelo and Son is the plan with not too much thought. I'll see does anything else happen over weekend in cup games first.

Looks like he is behind Foden in the pecking order. Only 106 mins in the last 7 games

Are many of ye bringing in Son? I plan to eventually but I think the Liverpool game will be a fairly tight game

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I fancy Bilva as a differential, don't see anyone else that can provide the creativity they'll need with KDB gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭eggy81

Trying to decide who to bring in to replace Kdb. I have sterling, rashford pogba Maddison Barnes and grealish in mind. I think this week I might bring in rashford. The fixture looks appetising. Already have gundogan Bruno and son. Neto has warmed the bench and planned on moving him out but with the Kdb injury he’ll be sticking around for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Looking at KDB & Salah > Sterling & Gundogan. This would leave me with a whopping 7.5m ITB!

Going to hold fire until as late as possible, price changes not too much of a concern this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I fancy Bilva as a differential, don't see anyone else that can provide the creativity they'll need with KDB gone.

I am considering too, but his returns since he has been back in the team have been very low. Unless he steps up to the plate in KDB's absence....

At the moment Gundogan on Pens is swinging it for me instead of him.

FA cup

Fernandinho
    Gundogan Foden
    Mahrez Jesus Torres

League

Rodri
    Gundogan Foden
    Silva Jesus Sterling

So close with the prediction!

Your City line-up to face Cheltenham! 💪

XI | Steffen, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho (C), Doyle, Mahrez, Torres, Foden, Jesus

I'd be fairly confident that this will be the game for the league game now. Mendy/Zinchenko is a toss up maybe depending on how today goes.

Cancelo Dias Stones Zinchenko
    Rodri
    Gundogan Foden
    Silva Jesus Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

mectavba wrote:
    Looking at KDB & Salah > Sterling & Gundogan. This would leave me with a whopping 7.5m ITB!

mectavba wrote:
    Going to hold fire until as late as possible, price changes not too much of a concern this week!

For a hit or FT?

Is Foden the man now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

CSF wrote: »
    Is Foden the man now?

Gundogan only playing 25 mins tonight is exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

This result will leave Arsenal with there full focus on this premier league battle they have ahead of them.. A team like that really should not be struggling to be in the Top Ten

Grealish a problem now. Went off with a tight hamstring

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

siblers wrote: »
    Grealish a problem now

Not having him is it? Don't like their next two but I have him pencilled in for after that.

• Advertisement

Not having him is it? Don't like their next two but I have him pencilled in for after that.

I posted too quickly
    He might have a hamstring issue

Advertisement