Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim Lessons

• 12-10-2020 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi All, I'm currently training for triathlons and feel like I need to work on my swimming. Can swim up to 3000 metres in the pool and 1500m open water. Does anyone know of swimming lessons where they can bring you to the next level? I went to someone last week and they told me I don't need lessons. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

sounds like you need a coach and structured sets and sessions for interval improvement, not lessons or stroke correction.

Your local swim club may have a masters squad or a coach with some distance experience....

Swimming fastest by Ernest Maglischo is like a bible for the small points and features of the strokes. Championship Swim Training by Bill Sweetenham has some excellent season plan and session plan theory in there. To be honest if you get stuck into those two books and swim with a squad you'll achieve whatever you want to.

Advertisement