01-03-2020, 18:12   #2191
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
I am glad to see the back of yet another crap winter. The only good thing is Sryan's lovely sunset photos.

A completely forgettable winter if you could even call it winter. Winter was a nasty continuation of the Autumn deluge and not much difference in temperature or variety. No northeries, no topplers, no easterly's, no real cold, no real warmth either. We deserve a few months break from the zonality at this stage, will we see it during Spring and Summer? I'm not so sure.

This winter was a 0/10 for me, time to move on and hope that next winter breaks the mild Atlantic domination even just for one week!
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-03-2020, 20:50   #2192
Artane2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I am glad to see the back of yet another crap winter. The only good thing is Sryan's lovely sunset photos.

A completely forgettable winter if you could even call it winter. Winter was a nasty continuation of the Autumn deluge and not much difference in temperature or variety. No northeries, no topplers, no easterly's, no real cold, no real warmth either. We deserve a few months break from the zonality at this stage, will we see it during Spring and Summer? I'm not so sure.

This winter was a 0/10 for me, time to move on and hope that next winter breaks the mild Atlantic domination even just for one week!
I'd give it a 1.5/10, not comparable to the likes of 2015-16 and 2018-19. It's slightly better than 2016-17, which is a 1/10. We've had a long run of poor winters since 2013-14... 2014-15 and 2017-18 excluded. It's time to end this!
Thanks from:
01-03-2020, 21:13   #2193
appledrop

Yep another crappy autumn/ winter.

I can take the cold but I realise after 6mths of practically non stop rain I'm not able for it. I also have found the amount of winds/storm weather through Jan/Feb headwreacking.

The only plus for me would be the lack of days with very icy roads which I do appreciate. I hit black ice about 10 years ago + thankfully I was ok as I drive slowly but I did go off the road which was scary + it does stay with you.

I have zero expectation about this spring/summer so I suppose any reduction in rainfall will be a bonus!
(4) thanks from:
01-03-2020, 22:33   #2194
alentejo

Only saving grace this winter was a relatively calm Xmas. Other than that, good riddance
Thanks from:
01-03-2020, 23:19   #2195
Takeshi_Kovacs

We went up Caherconree today to get our snow fix. It was pretty cold up top around -2C.
The windchill was very cold, forgot my gloves so had to throw on the spare socks instead.

Looking towards the Reeks

Tralee Bay

Short vid of hail shower https://streamable.com/yjny2

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion