Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-01-2021, 19:47   #1816
bassy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,325
can you still reserve online and collect at the store?.
bassy is offline  
Advertisement
14-01-2021, 19:52   #1817
Sheep Shagger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassy View Post
can you still reserve online and collect at the store?.
Yes but essential items only.

Seems they have restricted gaming stuff (among others) and the like now.
Sheep Shagger is online now  
(2) thanks from:
14-01-2021, 20:36   #1818
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 29,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassy View Post
can you still reserve online and collect at the store?.
Yes.
The_Conductor is offline  
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 08:07   #1819
Mr.Crinklewood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,185
Ordered an item last week which was due in on Sunday, they said I'd get a text when it's in stock.

Yet to receive a text, has this worked for others before?
Mr.Crinklewood is offline  
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 09:19   #1820
arrianalexander
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crinklewood View Post
Ordered an item last week which was due in on Sunday, they said I'd get a text when it's in stock.

Yet to receive a text, has this worked for others before?
It's for stock they don't have in stock in store but can quickly source from the UK and quickly pick and load onto scheduled deliveries

Once its in store you will receive a text

The issue now is brexit and deliveries are impacted.

It will arrive in but delayed , you can ring the store you reserved it from and they should be able to give update.
arrianalexander is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-01-2021, 09:48   #1821
Basil3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,079
I've had more than one occasion when I didn't get the text, but I still went into the store and it was ready for collection.

Most of the time you would receive the text, though.
Basil3 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
21-01-2021, 09:07   #1822
jacool
Registered User
 
jacool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,061
I got loads of calls to organise the delivery and requests to ring them back.
This turned into emails saying that the item was delayed in transport.
Finally an email to say that the sale was cancelled and I'd get my money back.
jacool is offline  
01-02-2021, 11:27   #1823
Aristotle
Registered User
 
Aristotle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsav6 View Post
https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/pa...er/7187782.htm

HP V150w USB 2.0 Flash Drive - 64GB - €8.49

Product code: 718/7782

Good price for a 64gb USB stick, can't find it cheaper anywhere online, currently £16 on Amazon.
That's a very old and slow USB drive (and only USB 2.0).

I'd recommend getting this USB 3.0 drive for ~€6 instead and use the savings towards getting Prime for a month if you don't already have it.
Aristotle is online now  
(2) thanks from:
03-02-2021, 12:06   #1824
bladespin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Yes but essential items only.

Seems they have restricted gaming stuff (among others) and the like now.
Think their service has fallen off a cliff tbh, they're making some strange calls about what's essential and not - eg a guitar is considered non-essential but earphones are fine - great unless your child happens to be learning music - guitar in particular and need to upsize etc.

Yes it's a moan but still think some of their decisions are a bit bizzare, back to Amazon for me.
bladespin is offline  
Advertisement
03-02-2021, 12:50   #1825
Quazzie
Hosted Moderator
 
Quazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 23,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladespin View Post
Think their service has fallen off a cliff tbh, they're making some strange calls about what's essential and not - eg a guitar is considered non-essential but earphones are fine - great unless your child happens to be learning music - guitar in particular and need to upsize etc.

Yes it's a moan but still think some of their decisions are a bit bizzare, back to Amazon for me.
Headphones can be required for many people who work from home. Guitars wouldn't.

Not saying that explains everything, but I'm assuming in the items you stated that's the reasoning.
Quazzie is offline  
03-02-2021, 13:30   #1826
bladespin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
Headphones can be required for many people who work from home. Guitars wouldn't.

Not saying that explains everything, but I'm assuming in the items you stated that's the reasoning.
I understand that, but there's no reasoning with it, I can call or email the local shop and explain the need is essential but Argos is a brick wall - both items could be described as either essential or non essential depending on how you look at it.

Btw - music student working from home - just incase it wasn't clear.
bladespin is offline  
13-02-2021, 09:18   #1827
obi604
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,328
Looking at some fitness stuff on Argos for weeks now.
Every time I check anything it has status “currently out of stock” or “home delivery not available”


I thought this was down to the fact that fitness stuff was in high demand.

But then I had a gander at other stuff and seems nothing is available.

Has anybody actually bought stuff of Argos.ie in the last few weeks?
obi604 is offline  
13-02-2021, 11:58   #1828
arrianalexander
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi604 View Post
Looking at some fitness stuff on Argos for weeks now.
Every time I check anything it has status “currently out of stock” or “home delivery not available”


I thought this was down to the fact that fitness stuff was in high demand.

But then I had a gander at other stuff and seems nothing is available.

Has anybody actually bought stuff of Argos.ie in the last few weeks?
Fitness isn't deemed essential, neither I or Argos are saying that it's the conditions of what they can sell or not sell. If they were doing click and collect for weights etc other sports stores would argue why can't they do click and collect

As for delivery they are just doing large items for delivery I'd imagine because of brexit and costs
arrianalexander is offline  
13-02-2021, 12:43   #1829
The_Conductor
Moderator
 
The_Conductor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 29,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi604 View Post
Has anybody actually bought stuff of Argos.ie in the last few weeks?
Canon Pixma printer
Memory sticks
Some Switch games
2 * PS4 controllers
Blutack
The_Conductor is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-02-2021, 15:48   #1830
holly8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi604 View Post
Looking at some fitness stuff on Argos for weeks now.
Every time I check anything it has status “currently out of stock” or “home delivery not available”


I thought this was down to the fact that fitness stuff was in high demand.

But then I had a gander at other stuff and seems nothing is available.

Has anybody actually bought stuff of Argos.ie in the last few weeks?
I can buy a digital photo frame in Argos but I cant buy a regular photo frame ... essential versus non-essential!
holly8 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet