Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

They had sleds in Ken Black's today. Would I be tempting fate and Chione if I bought a couple now?

Go for it, as long as you have the room to store it, then having a sled is always better than not having one. It'll definitely snow again - can't be more precise with the timing though I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I have uncomfirmed reports of snow in Naas today. They were turning on the Christmas lights and a small snow shower started up. I can't tell if it is snow or someone on the roof making fake snow.

21688_492020077499435_524915242_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

I can confirm that it wasnt real snow (was quite realistic tbh!) :) Although there was a light Hail shower in the evening but no snow

pad199207 wrote: »
    I can confirm that it wasnt real snow (was quite realistic tbh!) :) Although there was a light Hail shower in the evening but no snow

Thought as much. He had a lot of people fooled. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

tumblr_lutp6eKqY51r33rbuo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Is there any hope of a cold snowy winter ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I slipped on ice coming home. Had to wall on the grassl. Baltic outside aswepl!

Mr Hole wrote: »
    You'd want to be a sad ****e getting exited about snow

Why's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I understand that at the age of 15 you feel like you should be casting off childish things as you are all grow'd up now but give it a few years and you'll learn to love it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Woke up early this morning and behold, lot's of frost. Quite a lot considering we live on the shore. Puddles and buckets of water were frozen overnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

MUCj8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Pay no heed to Mr Hole.
    Gone for good.
    Sitebanned.

Carry on Snowlovers.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the op is my wife. if it snows i hope she understands i will have to keep warm inside a cosy pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Recommendations for keeping warm in the snow.

Official release this morning from the Department of Environment in relation to adverse weather and in particular snow.

1: Wrap up well
    2: Wear sock or snow shoes
    3: Go to warm pub:
    4: Stay there and send the wife this post.

:)

gbee wrote: »
    Recommendations for keeping warm in the snow.

Official release this morning from the Department of Environment in relation to adverse weather and in particular snow.

1: Wrap up well
    2: Wear sock or snow shoes
    3: Go to warm pub:
    4: Stay there and send the wife this post.

:)

If this came from the Department of Envoirment it must be legit, I'll go to the pub now and wait for the snow. Cheers for the heads-up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

With all that snow coming....

So did any one buy themselves a "Wooden foldable Sledge" from Lidl?

LINK

(Though in this part of the country "a sledge" is something quite different..:rolleyes:)

IE_75491wk45NI_01_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I'd rather be a sad so-and-so outside trying to build an igloo than a sad so-and-so inside complaining about the snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

UK MET OFFICE

UK Outlook for Friday 23 Nov 2012 to Sunday 2 Dec 2012:

Remaining unsettled as we head towards next weekend, with showers and occasional longer spells of rain affecting many parts of the UK, probably heaviest in the west. The best chance of some drier interludes towards the east. Often windy, with the risk of gales in exposed western parts. Generally fairly mild. There is a trend for conditions to become drier for many into next week, with rain becoming largely restricted to the far north and west. Temperatures returning to nearer normal or perhaps a little below, with the risk of overnight frosts. Towards the end of November and start of December, there is a good deal of uncertainty, but on balance, colder than average conditions are favoured, with an increased risk of frost and fog, and some wintry showers.

UK Outlook for Monday 3 Dec 2012 to Monday 17 Dec 2012:

As is usual, there are uncertainties in the forecast for this period. There are however, some signs of more settled conditions across much of the UK during the first part of December. So, although there are no strong indications of any particular weather type predominating, on balance, colder than average conditions are favoured, with an increased risk of frost and fog, as well as some wintry showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Still have to be convinced that the end of this month and the beginning of next month wont be snow free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Still have to be convinced that the end of this month and the beginning of next month wont be snow free

I believe there will be snow in Ireland this month but I also believe you don't really want to hear where. :)

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »

I believe there will be snow in Ireland this month but I also believe you don't really want to hear where. :)

I think our chances of seeing snow before the month is out are highly un-likely, fingers crossed for december :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

GFS 00Z is perfect! Hopefully this starts to gather pace... :D

*On phone and linking charts not working this morning for me*

Dan :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

On the top of a mountain somewhere no doubt !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    GFS 00Z is perfect! Hopefully this starts to gather pace... :D

*On phone and linking charts not working this morning for me*

Dan :)

MT forecast not so perfect!

'FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Rather mild and unsettled, models are backing off earlier concepts of colder weather or easterly winds, this complex sprawling low pressure may be stubborn to break down.'

I think our chances of seeing snow before the month is out are highly un-likely, fingers crossed for december :)[. ECM 32 is going for blocking next week which will probably introduce a feed of easterly winds which may bring snow. We will see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Now looking like a cold end to November with snow and all...in Ireland even. :)

Showing on the medium range ECM 32 model now.

This was the model that first brought Hurricane Sandy to the US last month just as an aside.

The GFS model is toying with a blocking high slithering into place as early as next monday in the most recent model run. Lest one ask the yellow bit blocks the atlantic from the blue bit.

gfs-0-168.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

yep I think the end of November will see some snow in the North of Ireland and wintry showers over the rest.

But I think December will start dry and frosty.

ECM 32 is going for blocking next week which will probably introduce a feed of easterly winds which may bring snow. We will see[/Quote]

Lets keep our fingers crossed :) and pray lol

Hope we get something even is it is cold frosty days but snow would be nice.

Have 90% of my Christmas shopping done just in case we do get something but I doubt we will get a prolonged event.

• Advertisement

Which means:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement