23-01-2021, 10:30   #166
looksee
I had an account with Eir and its predecessors for nearly 50 years with not any significant problems. Then I tried to cancel - because they could not provide me with a service of any sort - and it was a nightmare, all the stuff listed here. I would be very seriously stuck before I would go back to them.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 18:42   #167
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by looksee View Post
I had an account with Eir and its predecessors for nearly 50 years with not any significant problems. Then I tried to cancel - because they could not provide me with a service of any sort - and it was a nightmare, all the stuff listed here. I would be very seriously stuck before I would go back to them.
You should get a commendation for bravery at least sticking with that shower for that long
23-01-2021, 18:50   #168
ToxicPaddy
Baaanaaaanaaaaa

Had an issue with Eir a while ago and went into one of their stores to try get it sorted as I was having no luck with doing it over the phone.

The guy there didn't even try to hide his surprise and told me that loads of people are going through the same thing. At first Eir tried to blame the whole COVID19 thing but it became very obvious very quickly that it's their whole setup.

Apparently they are trying to hire more staff to fix the issue but are struggling and are losing experienced staff at a rapid rate so I can't see this improving any time soon.
23-01-2021, 18:58   #169
looksee
Quote:
Originally Posted by corks finest View Post
You should get a commendation for bravery at least sticking with that shower for that long
On that scale this is a quite recent problem with Eir. There was no issue with them till I wanted to leave, then it was absolute ignorant stone wall. In fact it was only down to the 'talk to' section in Boards that I got anywhere at all - the response was quick and positive, though it did result in yet another lengthy thread about the iniquities of Eir. They have left Boards now, funny that.
Thanks from:
23-01-2021, 18:59   #170

That’s what happens when you hire a token ceo who couldn’t run a tap

Last edited by Flit clicker; 23-01-2021 at 19:10.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 19:11   #171
Sheep Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flit clicker View Post
That’s what happens when you hire a token ceo
In fairness whilst she is poor, eir have been poor for years regardless of the owner or CEO....it's not a new thing.

To think they probably have a head of customer care paid a six figure salary.

Tried to get their 1GB broadband, a nightmare so abandoned it and doubt I'll ever go near them again, sanity has a price.
(2) thanks from:
23-01-2021, 19:16   #172
yankinlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndaman66 View Post
Hi all, Just to give an update I eventually found a number that got me through to cancel my contract and it is 1800 924 409 (not even sure where I got it at this stage as I was so addled by it all, but suffice to say it does not appear to be readily available online).

Low and behold the first person I spoke to was able to do what I wanted them to do and little or no wait time getting through which was refreshing.

At first he offered me the same package again for €59.98 pm (€10 pm more expensive than what I was paying last year). I said no and he brought it down to €49.98 pm (the same as what I was paying last year). I said no and he brought it down to €39.98 pm. I went with that as I probably won't do any better - Lets call a spade a spade there is no extraordinary provider out there. Also didn't want the hassle of having to port over my phone number to pay as you go or an alternative provider as the contract runs out as depending on my phone for work.

What I got in the end does just seem to correlate to what's available to new customers online - broadband, phone line, free calls and texts on mobile to national mobiles and landlines, EIR sport and Amazon Prime.
Shame on EIR that they didn't provide me with the last price sooner.

I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period - unlikely I would get it any cheaper of them?
Do us a favor and come back after the bill comes. In a month or two you will find it mysteriously goes up with no explanation. No matter what deal you think you made or a contract the fact is EIR is terrible at billing as well as customer service.
Thanks from:
23-01-2021, 19:20   #173
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
In fairness whilst she is poor, eir have been poor for years regardless of the owner or CEO....it's not a new thing.

To think they probably have a head of customer care paid a six figure salary.

Tried to get their 1GB broadband, a nightmare so abandoned it and doubt I'll ever go near them again, sanity has a price.
How they are in business and treating customers with the way they do means they obviously have friends in the dail, need Pearse Doherty etc to ask questions about comregs ineffective toothless dealings with eir and co
23-01-2021, 20:59   #174
dougm1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicPaddy View Post
Had an issue with Eir a while ago and went into one of their stores to try get it sorted as I was having no luck with doing it over the phone.

The guy there didn't even try to hide his surprise and told me that loads of people are going through the same thing. At first Eir tried to blame the whole COVID19 thing but it became very obvious very quickly that it's their whole setup.

Apparently they are trying to hire more staff to fix the issue but are struggling and are losing experienced staff at a rapid rate so I can't see this improving any time soon.
this kinda answers what i came here to ask.
we live in a village in the sticks, up a mountain, and we have been using a local isp (line of sight antenna to mast) and we have had issues for 2 years now....so, looking around to see what else is available.....no fibre here so standard "up to 30meg" according to eir site, with a time frame of "within 6 months" for fibre (been saying that on site for 3 years for our address)

i was wondering with all this public beating eir has took over customer service, that they will have to become very very good now with customer service....but is that too much of a gamble betting on that ?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 21:51   #175
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougm1970 View Post
this kinda answers what i came here to ask.
we live in a village in the sticks, up a mountain, and we have been using a local isp (line of sight antenna to mast) and we have had issues for 2 years now....so, looking around to see what else is available.....no fibre here so standard "up to 30meg" according to eir site, with a time frame of "within 6 months" for fibre (been saying that on site for 3 years for our address)

i was wondering with all this public beating eir has took over customer service, that they will have to become very very good now with customer service....but is that too much of a gamble betting on that ?
Eir simply don't care what ppl think simples
Thanks from:
23-01-2021, 22:13   #176
Sheep Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougm1970 View Post
The regulator doesbt care and nor does eir and this problem is not new so I doubt anything is going to change anytime soon.

Enter a relationship with eir at your peril.

Last edited by Sheep Shagger; 23-01-2021 at 22:55.
(4) thanks from:
23-01-2021, 22:33   #177
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
The regulator doesbt care and nor does eir and this problem is new so I doubt anything is going to change anytime soon.

Enter a relationship with eir at your peril.
You got that right
03-02-2021, 11:39   #178
Paranoid Bob

Eir customers are having what the company describes as 'intermittent' faults making phone calls. 'Intermittent' in this case meaning no ability to make any phone calls for days.
How does the customer care respond?
By removing the option to report a fault on the website, directing customers to the 1901 number, and by removing the option to report landline faults when you call 1901.
(3) thanks from:
03-02-2021, 11:49   #179
Paranoid Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Bob View Post
Eir customers are having what the company describes as 'intermittent' faults making phone calls. 'Intermittent' in this case meaning no ability to make any phone calls for days.
How does the customer care respond?
By removing the option to report a fault on the website, directing customers to the 1901 number, and by removing the option to report landline faults when you call 1901.
... and when you do get through to someone (by reporting a broadband fault instead of a landline fault) they just hang up abruptly.
(3) thanks from:
04-02-2021, 01:54   #180
B_ecke_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterebel View Post
You need to give Eir 30 days notice, your new provider takes care of everything else.
You don't need to give 30 days notice to cancel fixed services.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion