Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dry Robes

Options
  • 13-01-2021 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

It's the least funny meme out there. People wear some sort of faddy coat to warm up and go for a coffee after a 'sea swim' and the seasoned vets are up in arms over it :confused:

Let people wear what they want. I get part of it is more just like viewing it as an absurd cringe trend, but there also seems to be an air of '' you've crossed into our turf'' tribal slant to the hatred of this pretty forgettable item of clothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Let people wear what they want. I get part of it is more just like viewing it as an absurd cringe trend, but there also seems to be an air of\'' you've crossed into our turf'' tribal slant to the hatred of this pretty forgettable item of clothing.

Defo. Some of those gray haired salt of the earth 40ft "Guardians" are very territorial, sour and unwelcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Absolutely. Vitamin Sea but only for me!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

€150 for a towel? Must be nice...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tabnabs wrote: »

only in SoCoDu don't you know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm pretty sure the whole meme was started by someone who sells dry robes to raise awareness and make more sales of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Tabnabs wrote: »

Not even a towel. The inside is fleece lined so wont dry you..
    More designed for keeping you warm before and after your << insert activity here >>

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's the least funny meme out there. People wear some sort of faddy coat to warm up and go for a coffee after a 'sea swim' and the seasoned vets are up in arms over it :confused:

Let people wear what they want. I get part of it is more just like viewing it as an absurd cringe trend, but there also seems to be an air of '' you've crossed into our turf'' tribal slant to the hatred of this pretty forgettable item of clothing.
    I think you are missing the point.
    It’s the new pyjamas, people are wearing them as normal wear on days that they don’t get into the water. I believe they’ve been seen on the streets of Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Snobbery at it's best with locals. Seen local folk walk out their front doors donning their white dressing gowns and walk over and have a swim. Same thing. Cmon lads move on way more important stuff to complain about

Advertisement