Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for day trips at weekends on a fishing boat

• 09-01-2021 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am looking to get out for day trips on a boat. I am only available at weekends as I work 9 - 5 Monday to Friday. Does anyone have any advice or contacts? I have a bit of experience with prawns. I appreciate any thoughts people may have.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dafterss

You don't really want to go out in middle of winter to the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You need to get basic safety training to do it legally, this is a three day course comprising First Aid, Sea Survival and Fire Awareness.
    I doubt a weekend would suit most skippers, its not a 9-5 job, they generally fish to the tide and weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Banjo1234

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have that done and have fished before.

The small boats doing crabbing or whelking is what I'm hoping for, if they are stuck for a man the odd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You need to get yourself down to the quay and start asking around, it's a long shot though with your limited availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Banjo1234

Thanks for the reply I will go down and speak. I suppose if they had no crew some weekend they might need to call upon me. Hopefully they don't mind me asking lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement