Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4-5 Pieces For Home Gym

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

I kitted my home gym out from www.megafitness.shop, they were the cheapest place I could find when I was ordering. www.strengthshop.co.uk/ is good too and I think they deliver to Ireland for free. I would recommend ordering from either.

What to buy depends on what you want to do really. If you're into lifting I can tell you you have more space than the room I used for my gym and I got a full power rack and have enough floor space for deadlifts and stuff. I got the rack, a bench, a nice bar and set of bumpers and a pair of dumbbell handles and some cheap iron plates. All in it cost me a little over 2 grand. I definitely wouldn't bother with one of those cable machines. They're expensive and take up a lot of space for how much you can do with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I wouldn't get the cable crossover.

Why not get a squat rack with bench, barbell, plates and the get whatever add on's you need like dip attachment etc. you can also add on the like of this https://www.mcsport.ie/p/bodymax-cf375-lat_low-row-attachment/sebr2432

As for cardio maybe a concept rower would be better than an assault bike as you can stand it up against the wall in a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some heavy kettle bells and a cardio piece like a rower or air bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

I'm doing the same myself.

On the list I have, cage that I can squat, dip, pull up and bench, was looking at Bodymax CF376R Half Cage. Barbell and some plates. Already have an adjustable bench and few hex dumbbells.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

These folding wall mounted rigs are a great space saver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What did you go with in the end?

Advertisement