Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Anyone here watch sense8?

I just got around to finishing the second season thinking it had been cancelled and went through complete withdrawals as it one finished on a huge cliff hanger and I don't think I could have (figuratively) speaking gone on. And two it was one of the most intelligent sci-fi shows well tv shows I have ever seen.

Its been renewed since thank goodness

Its a great show I would highly recommend watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone interested in Blade Runner 2049 or even just want to see Batista in a more serious role, he stars in the first of 3 prequel shorts

Others are here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TieEBM7wumc

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone watch Big Mouth on Netflix???

It's actually pretty funny in parts and has elements of all the big prime time cartoons

• Registered Users Posts: 85,019 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mindhunter from David Fincher starts Friday on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Big Mouth on Netflix???

It's actually pretty funny in parts and has elements of all the big prime time cartoons

I watched the whole thing. It was only ok. Not something i'd be clambering to watch, like Rick & Morty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mindhunter from David Fincher starts Friday on Netflix

SOLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I just found out today that the Kurrgan from The Oddities played The Master in The Strain I knew he was in Sherlock Holmes and a few other films but it looks like he has got a solid career going on tv and film.

Never seen the film, but they're releasing that the same day as The Punisher? Are they mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Never seen the film, but they're releasing that the same day as The Punisher? Are they mad?

Has The Punisher been given a new release date? I know they pushed it back from mid October

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Has The Punisher been given a new release date? I know they pushed it back from mid October

November 17th.

November 17th.

Lovely stuff, I hear it was pushed back as the first few episodes were re shot. I hope it lives up to my expectations after Daredevil

Courtesy of agent Coulson from the Punisher thread

https://twitter.com/ThePunisher/status/921020723275055104

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really enjoyed Thor Ragnorak

One of the best MCU Movies they have made

Only Black Panther left now til infinity war part 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Happy Stranger Things 2 Day! :D

Only starting it now. Hope to get at least half watched today and the rest tomorrow, then on to Mario Odyssey

Can’t link it as im on my phone but just watched the trailer to the million dollar man Ted Dibiase’s documentary called The Price of Fame. It looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Can’t link it as im on my phone but just watched the trailer to the million dollar man Ted Dibiase’s documentary called The Price of Fame. It looks really good.

This one?

That's it.

That opening narration made me google to see if I had forgoten Ted DiBiase had died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Stranger things was pretty good overall.
    Although the weak Eleven focussed episode came at the worst moment & I felt that arc wasn't as strong as they envisaged it being.
    I was surprised that the ending was wrapped up & seemed so final. The Shadow Monster is in the shadow world but it is closed now by eleven.
    There is obviously going to be another season but I hope they take it in another direction. Even though I enjoy Joyce & Hopper I kinda forget why I should care about Will again. It's obvious they were trying to age the kids this season, thinking ahead I'm guessing they'll skip more than a year next time.
    Ohhh & poor Bob. Poor Bob :(

I'm only just finished episode six, so not clicking spoilers but OH MY GOD, this is fantastic....

Ok. Finished. Absolutely loved it.
    Shoutout to Steve who was awesome. I loved his bromance with Dustin. His character growth from season one was brilliant.

I'd imagine season three will move into a story about other Numbered kids? They've done the monster thing twice now. Maybe have that shadow that escaped Will inhabit a kid with powers, and have it trying to get revenge on Eleven?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I really liked it too.
    Thought the girl playing Max was a brilliant little actress, possibly best of the lot. It's hard to see them doing a whole other series based on the current mains. I didn't like the episode where Eleven met her 'sister'. Wouldn't be overly bothered about that arc.

Living the Dream (Kevin Nash new Sky 1 tv series)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Living the Dream (Kevin Nash new Sky 1 tv series)

Ah the misses wants to watch that, might give it a look. I always enjoy Nash

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Thor Ragnorak

One of the best MCU Movies they have made

Only Black Panther left now til infinity war part 1

I didn't recognise Karl Urban in Thor Ragnarok, he kinda reminded me of Luke Gallows :o Chris Hemsworth can be very funny

So, The Blacklist fall finale.
    Noooooo, Tom.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It seems the Punisher is live now on Netflix. That's the weekend sorted. Well, that and the last few episodes of Mindhunter - what a show that is.

• Advertisement

I hear the Sinner is good as well. But Punisher and maybe Justice League for me

Advertisement