Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Question?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 crashtestdummy

Okay, who is the only player to have won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, English Premiership, FA Cup and to have gotten relegated from the English Premiership?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Okay, who is the only player to have won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, English Premiership, FA Cup and to have gotten relegated from the English Premiership?

I think this was on here before. The answer is
    Kanu
    Arsenal for the league and cup, Ajax for the CL, Inter for the UEFA and relegated with West Brom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 moylaghshergar

Is it Kanu

Premiership & FA Cup - Arsenal
    Uefa Cup - Inter
    Champions League - Ajax
    Relegation - Portsmouth (although I don't think they got relegated while Kanu has been there)

QUESTION!

Who is the last club to win the European Cup/Champions League with a team comprised entirely of home grown players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

QUESTION!

Who is the last club to win the European Cup/Champions League with a team comprised entirely of home grown players?

Ajax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

QUESTION!

Celtic

Sorry guys neither of you are correct. Think communism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Steaua Bucharest 1986?

Red Star Belgrade had at least one non-Yugoslav outfield player in 91 but I can't remember who he was.

Do you mean home grown as in all the same nation as the team or all coming through that teams youth ranks?

Yep Steau is correct dude.

Red Star had a Romanian player, I can't remember his name but he was the first player to win the European Cup with 2 different clubs (Steau & Red Star) I think it was Bogdaovic or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Name the 3 clubs who won the 3 major european trophies-European Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Benfica, Aberdeen, R Madrid, B Munich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

john47832 wrote: »
    Benfica, Aberdeen, R Madrid, B Munich
    Bayern is correct

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Juventus and Ajax

In addition Barcelona won the Champions League, CWC and ICFC (which preceded the UEFA Cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Which is the only football club in the world to have won all official international cups and championships ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobbieDGooner

AC Milan and Boca Juniors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Milan haven't won the UEFA cup.

Thinking Juventus myself. Not too well up on South American football so I've no idea about Boca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Which is the only football club in the world to have won all official international cups and championships ?

Juventus and Ajax?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Sao Paulo?

Fifa Club World Cup is only going a few years and I'm pretty sure none of the European winners have completed their list

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

I think he could have got a few with us but he turned us down cause he didn't feel Irish enough.

Oddly, his son does......

As far as I know, Bruce declaring for England was under pressure from Fergie. I he'd declared for us, he'd be an extra foreigner which was limited back then... ah the good old days

Advertisement