Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Office deals on phones

• 18-08-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi,

Post Office currently offering free handset (choice of Samsung Trend or Microsoft Lucia 532) when you purchase €20 credit!!
    No contract etc. Flexibility to change plans month to month....

Twelve Bar Blues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Not seeing it. Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

is there any reason why anyone would be with Post Mobile with all the deals elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think the point was its a cheap phone for 20. Not that you use the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The Lumia 532 is not even on their list no more

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Babybuttons05

I am with Postmobile . The plans are not too bad . 3000 any network mins and 3000 texts plus 5 euro credit for 20 euro a month and they use the Vodafone network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Anyone know where I can get this. Checked their website and there wasn't any mention of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Hi all, sorry I wasn't able to reply until now.
    I got this deal in a PO Wednesday this week, ie 2 days ago.
    Haven't even looked it up online...
    Tis true!!
    I also availed of the 3000 mins+3000 texts per month, pay €20 and you still have €5 left for anomalies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

they use the Vodafone network

I never knew this. I just assumed they piggybacked the 3/o2 Network like most others.

Might actually look into them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Anyone know if their phones work with a Vodafone sim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I was sure I seen this advertised but can't find a link to it.can anyone post it up please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Is the 532 phone dual sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Is the 532 phone dual sim?

There's probably a dual sim version but no mobile network or MVNO has sold a dual sim phone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Vodafone themselves seem to have unlimited calls and texts and 1 Gb data for 20 a month as a new PAYG offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

TheDriver wrote: »
    Vodafone themselves seem to have unlimited calls and texts and 1 Gb data for 20 a month as a new PAYG offer

Just make sure you don't have any extra credit, they charge €1 per Mb if you go 100Mb over your data allowance which with 4g doesn't take very long at all.

Looks pretty poor next to three, tesco, meteor, 48, lyca etc. although the network may have better coverage in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Indeed, tesco is problably the best in terms of price weighed up with customer service, I tried lyca but problems constantly. Though vodafone has much better coverage but you pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Anyone know if their phones work with a Vodafone sim ?

Their phones are unlocked, I replaced their sim with a Tesco sim.

Their phones are unlocked, I replaced their sim with a Tesco sim.

Really you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

cathy01 wrote: »
    Really you sure?

Yes, it was a Sony Xperia, when I got it I thought I'd have to get it unlocked but when I put the Tesco sim in it worked so I presume all their phones are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does anyone know if this offer is still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

How fast are they for porting a number over, I would be changing from the Vodafone network?

Also is this available from all post offices or only the bigger ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

You cannot use internet abroad in any country with postmobile (Without wifi)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

So prepay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

can anyone comfirm what po this was in?

can anyone post up a link to the sony experia phone or even remember what it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Asked in same PO I got the deal in if the offer is still available or would be again and was told no and probably not. Apparently they offered the deal to get rid of excess stock.
    They were offering one of the better Huyewai (or whatever it's called!) For something like €120 with €40 credit.
    That's all I know!

Advertisement