Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maydenhayes Mornington

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Twisterella12

Out of curiosity for those who are already living in the houses, could you please give us an idea on an average electricity bill with the heat pump? Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Al_Bundy

My past 3 bills:
    €135
    €154
    €172

The first one or two came in high but seemed to settle. I find the bills cheap when you consider you have hot water all the time and heating is on 24/7 and there are no other energy bills.

The only negative with the heat pump is unlike traditional heating systems the rads never get very hot for drying clothes.

Al_Bundy wrote: »
    My past 3 bills:
    €135
    €154
    €172

The first one or two came in high but seemed to settle. I find the bills cheap when you consider you have hot water all the time and heating is on 24/7 and there are no other energy bills.

The only negative with the heat pump is unlike traditional heating systems the rads never get very hot for drying clothes.
    That's very helpful, thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

My past 3 bills:
    €135
    €154
    €172

That's interesting! So there are no bills for heating, is that right? Do you find the house stays warm enough or have you not been there for winter yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wmmn80

That would be the question what be energy bill for winter, but you have those billing plans you can do with companies and it would be spreed over the year in you will not pay much less in summer but there will be same amount payed over the winter (or close to it).

It is all about setup of the pomp and house isolation, don't go over 60 degrees as then innersion kick in ie higher energy bills. Houses are A rate so isolation should be good. add smart use of night energy rates and bills should be decent and stable.
    Am to short there yet to say, but as one of the guys advised I setup the pomp only to heat up water over the night and that works perfectly tank is big so it is enough to have hot water whole day (3 ppl) + pomp is quite for whole day. Heating is setup to 19.5 and did not kicked in even once dispute windows opened whole day. Of course this will change in winter time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Abbooo2000

Quick question for those who went through the process of using HTB. Am I correct in assuming that revenue will pay the developers directly and I will have to pay the balance (minus booking deposit). For instance if lets say house price is 300k, I am getting 15K from revenue and already paid 5k deposit, then sure I will only need to pay 10k to make up the 10% at contract signing? some one might clarify if at all possible.

Also how long does it take generally between paying deposit and getting contracts sent out? holding deposit with agent for more than 6 weeks now and no sign of contract yet.

Thanks

Abbooo2000 wrote: »
    Quick question for those who went through the process of using HTB. Am I correct in assuming that revenue will pay the developers directly and I will have to pay the balance (minus booking deposit). For instance if lets say house price is 300k, I am getting 15K from revenue and already paid 5k deposit, then sure I will only need to pay 10k to make up the 10% at contract signing? some one might clarify if at all possible.

Also how long does it take generally between paying deposit and getting contracts sent out? holding deposit with agent for more than 6 weeks now and no sign of contract yet.

Thanks

Yes you are correct, the developers' solicitor advised once we got the approved amount from revenue to transfer the 10% deposit minus the booking deposit and minus the amount due from revenue. They received the payment from revenue pretty much immediately so there was no hold up in proceeding.
    For us it also took quite a while to get the contracts after paying the booking deposit, I'd say 2 months or possibly longer.

Yes you are correct, the developers' solicitor advised once we got the approved amount from revenue to transfer the 10% deposit minus the booking deposit and minus the amount due from revenue. They received the payment from revenue pretty much immediately so there was no hold up in proceeding.
    For us it also took quite a while to get the contracts after paying the booking deposit, I'd say 2 months or possibly longer.

Thanks, thats very clear.
    Thats a long time to issue a contract. I wonder if completion dates are also that slow! Did you get your property on schedule?

Abbooo2000 wrote: »
    Thanks, thats very clear.
    Thats a long time to issue a contract. I wonder if completion dates are also that slow! Did you get your property on schedule?

We are not in yet either, however, our house isn't due to be completed until Oct/Nov. We're hoping it's not too far behind that but a few other residents on here advised to expect a few weeks' delay...

We are not in yet either, however, our house isn't due to be completed until Oct/Nov. We're hoping it's not too far behind that but a few other residents on here advised to expect a few weeks' delay...

We were told the same. Hopefully it won't be too delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dukeofcontent

is there anyone who has most up to date map with booking on maydenhayes ( map from showhouses )if someone could post it?

I was there 2 weeks ago an most of the houses on this side are reserved. They are selling the show houses as well now.
    Not sure how much longer they will be open for public. But you live close by to go and check :)

Yes there is only one bill but you are automatically setup with electric Ireland when you move in but you have no contract so see who is best on current market. They tell you to keep the system set at 21 degrees for maxium efficiency but during the really cold months you may want to increase to 23. We have been here since September. Make sure when you move in that the engineer from Dimplex comes and gives you a full demo as this is included with the purchase of the house. My bills for 2017: jan & feb €172.73, mar & apr €154.99, may & june €131.64, july and august €84.82.
    Since the end of April we have left the system set at 21 at all times. The main issue during the summer months is drying clothes in doors so a clothes line is a must for these months.

Yes there is only one bill but you are automatically setup with electric Ireland when you move in but you have no contract so see who is best on current market. They tell you to keep the system set at 21 degrees for maxium efficiency but during the really cold months you may want to increase to 23. We have been here since September. Make sure when you move in that the engineer from Dimplex comes and gives you a full demo as this is included with the purchase of the house. My bills for 2017: jan & feb €172.73, mar & apr €154.99, may & june €131.64, july and august €84.82.
    Since the end of April we have left the system set at 21 at all times. The main issue during the summer months is drying clothes in doors so a clothes line is a must for these months.
    Just wondering what temperature setting u got on during winter, my bills for winter time are much higher. what temperature u got on downstairs and upstairs and what heat curve for radiators?

Just wondering what temperature setting u got on during winter, my bills for winter time are much higher. what temperature u got on downstairs and upstairs and what heat curve for radiators?

The best results in winter i got was leaving at 21 from 1am - 6pm then had it at 23 from 6pm-1am left both floors the same. The less adjustments you make to the system the better and more efficient it works. I have all the rads set on full.

The best results in winter i got was leaving at 21 from 1am - 6pm then had it at 23 from 6pm-1am left both floors the same. The less adjustments you make to the system the better and more efficient it works. I have all the rads set on full.
    I had the same night lower day higher and somehow my bill were higher. must be related to temperature curve on computer. can u check it for me please go with login 22 then 998 and heating curve and there are separate for 2 floors. best would be picture of them two.

I had the same night lower day higher and somehow my bill were higher. must be related to temperature curve on computer. can u check it for me please go with login 22 then 998 and heating curve and there are separate for 2 floors. best would be picture of them two.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
    i am looking for temperature curve which shows radiators temperature depending on external air temperature. There are two seperate both floors.

i am looking for temperature curve which shows radiators temperature depending on external air temperature. There are two seperate both floors.

Think this is the correct one.

While on topic of heating, did anybody asked do they have a wifi version of the heating control panel with remote access options. That would be very useful.

• Advertisement

Think this is the correct one.
    thanks for that. somehow u got higher temperature on radiators and anyway paying less. Maybe we heat more during the day.

Dimplex were saying there will be in future module which will allow control heating remotely. But probably will cost some money to upgrade.

Hi, could anyone give an idea of when the usual timeframe for closing the sale is expected?Is it when the house is fully ready or sometime before then? Thanks.

Hi, could anyone give an idea of when the usual timeframe for closing the sale is expected?Is it when the house is fully ready or sometime before then? Thanks.
    Closing would be
    whenever home is fully ready and U happy with your snag list. home bond certificate delivered as well to bank by the builders.From closing to key being handed over you would be a few days away than. I had my closing on Friday and on Mondays we received keys. When do You expect Your house wound be fully finished?

Closing would be
    whenever home is fully ready and U happy with your snag list. home bond certificate delivered as well to bank by the builders.From closing to key being handed over you would be a few days away than. I had my closing on Friday and on Mondays we received keys. When do You expect Your house wound be fully finished?

Thanks. Haven't spoken to them in a while but it was originally January/Feb. Expecting delays on this though? We are the far end of Maydenhayes Road.

we were told our house would be ready at the end February eventual we move in in the middle of May, so expect some delays. What number did U booked ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭ Camille Zealous Cotton

SNAG LIST
    Hi All, I was told my house will be ready for snagging this Friday. Can anybody on here give some advice on this? Did you do it yourself or get a professional to look at it? Thanks

SNAG LIST
    Hi All, I was told my house will be ready for snagging this Friday. Can anybody on here give some advice on this? Did you do it yourself or get a professional to look at it? Thanks[/QUOTE

I would get someone in to do it for you that is trained. I used
    homesnag.ie and found them great. Tom pointed out things to me that i never would have noticed. Gave me a full 4 page report along with photo's so i could check everything was done afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Liliana290

SNAG LIST
    Hi All, I was told my house will be ready for snagging this Friday. Can anybody on here give some advice on this? Did you do it yourself or get a professional to look at it? Thanks[/QUOTE

Hi Paul can you let me know more or less where is your house, we are in the middle of the maydenhayes rd and were told that it will be mid October before the house is ready?

Has anyone been to see the new showhouses, I read that they were open for viewing last weekend?

• Advertisement

Haven't been there myself but the pictures in their website looks amazing. Apparently they will feature in new tv show on TV3 starting next week https://lovindublin.com/sponsored/do-you-want-to-hang-out-with-some-design-celebs-this-weekend

Advertisement