Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maydenhayes Mornington

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dukeofcontent

hi guys a few words from me. About tiling as u see in the show houses u will get. Main and en-suit floor and walls. rest of it would be concrete or pcb board on 1st floor. I would not go for appliances from builders, there are poor quality. If u go for standard kitchen furniture think about 70/30 or full size fridge and freezer in utility room. About delay with houses expect 2 month behind schedule. We were told our house would be finished at the end of Feb and was ready middle of May last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Twisterella12

Thank you very much for your helpful answers everyone! I think we have made our decision for Maydenhayes in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Saibhreasnua1

we are finally settled on a house here after many months of viewing in the area, love the estate and the houses are fabulous. We are meeting the auctioneer Thursday with our booking deposit after a final viewing just to be sure can anybody help with the process? we are selling our current home and were told houses would be ready Jan 2018, how accurate are their estimations?
    when you put the booking deposit down how long do you have to pay the rest of the deposit? is it on completion of house or months beforehand?
    are there any hidden costs?
    we are looking to tile the living space in the kitchen downstairs do they have a tiler on site you can hire for this or do you bring your own people in?
    thanks, I forget the whole process its ten years since we bought our first place.

which houses You booked for? Regarding deposit am not sure how fast You must pay 10 percent but try to do it fast just to make sure to pay what u agreed to pay. Make sure both parties sign to got ur prices guaranteed. There is no hidden costs unless u go for some extras. There is no problem with contractors to come on side to do work.

gosh I don't know what the name of the row is, the house number is 36, we provisionally pinned it until Thursday when we hand over the booking fee. Thanks for the info on the other questions.

• Advertisement

r7TO8

I imagine that is one of houses at the end of the road. What state is house at the moment?

which houses You booked for? Regarding deposit am not sure how fast You must pay 10 percent but try to do it fast just to make sure to pay what u agreed to pay. Make sure both parties sign to got ur prices guaranteed. There is no hidden costs unless u go for some extras. There is no

Oh yes I see it now it's on maydenhayes road just at the end 👠Don't think it's even started yet I must check Thursday

if nothing has been done i don't think they will meet target with January. Unless they gonna finish other houses quickly and put all sources to finish it quickly. there is still a lot of houses in front of Yours.

Oh that's great news the longer the better for us, thanks you have been such a great help. I'm sure once we get started I will have a million other questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Orla21

Hi all,
    We are looking at buying in Maydenhayes but we don't know much about the area. Would Drogheda be nearest town? Any feedback would be great.

We moved in year ago and we had the same, no idea about neighbourhood.
    A few words for You.
    2 min drive pub towards the river. 5 Min drive all directions centra tesco dunes stores. Walking distance 2 crèches and school. Other school next to the river. Restaurants and other shops in Drogheda. Great cost line between Mornington and Bettystown. Train stations Drogheda or Laytown. 4 min walk from estate bust stop for local bus witch routing Laytown Bettystow Donnacarney Drogheda. As well there is express bus next to beauty salon towards dublin. Journey takes about 1 hour.
    If u got any more question I am happy to answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nick2020

Hi

End of June for Mews is ambitious date, as they haven't completed Maydenhayes Sqaure yet. They are extremely slow in finishing houses.
    I can only see them building the new structures rather than completing the current and giving the possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ACA2017

Hi all

So looking like a 2 month delay for most houses? Does anyone know if there are many units left ?

Also with regards the floors has anyone paid the developer to do them? Did they do upstairs and downstairs as per show house?

TIA

They have launched new untis on 6th May as per the advertisements. I know builder is refferring to the guys in Ratoath who have done the show house floors. You can contact them to get a quote instead of asking builders to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Hi Guys,

After following up my flooring query as per a previous post, the ground floor of the showhouse (engineered 170mm Oak) is approximately €4000 all in. The carpets upstairs were a further €1200.

Has anyone found any good deals on solid or engineered to date?

Thanks!

Hi,

Received pretty much similar quote from Ratoath guy and some local suppliers. The upstairs Carpets €1400 4 bedrooms and Staircase with binding €1000. In relation to wood floor I received advise from other suppliers that I should avoid Solid or Semi solid wood, as they can get easily damaged or get marked epecially if you have kids. There are lot of options available with good quality Laminated floor which will look similar or close to solid floor and even works out cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wmmn80

I done a quotation with company in NI, they seams to have a decent prices (4 bed) for engineered 6mm 190mm dark cathedral oak downstairs [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and 5mm 150mm oak upstairs, with underlay, additional oil,glue ect  plus deliver its around [/font][font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6000.  Not sure what would be the cost of installing it. Again that was selecting more expensive floors you can easy find cheaper options there as well. [/font][font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.woodfloorwarehouse.co.uk.[/font]

Thanks guys, had no idea how difficult choosing a floor could be! Endless options!

We checked out Hamptons Floor Store in Tallaght, got a preliminary quote of €999 including installation for carpet in 3 bedrooms, stairs and landing and €3000 for entire downstairs in Krono Swiss Grand Selection Origin. They also do a special of a cheaper laminate in several colours, again the entire downstairs for €1200. All of this includes installation and they also come out to measure everything free of charge, very reasonable we thought and good service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Hi, we've put an initial deposit down on a house in Maydenhayes - does anyone know how long on average until contracts get exchanged? The estate agent said to me about 4 weeks - I thought this sounded a bit ambitious?

Hi, we've put an initial deposit down on a house in Maydenhayes - does anyone know how long on average until contracts get exchanged? The estate agent said to me about 4 weeks - I thought this sounded a bit ambitious?

It depends on a number of circumstances really. We didn't receive contracts until around 4 months after paying the booking deposit as our road was still awaiting an updated planning decision. Which road are you on?

Even after we received contracts there was still a delay with the bank issuing a loan offer. All in all it took us 6 months to exchange contracts.

What I will say is that the developers countersigned within a few days of us signing so they were efficient on that front!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

It depends on a number of circumstances really. We didn't receive contracts until around 4 months after paying the booking deposit as our road was still awaiting an updated planning decision. Which road are you on?

Even after we received contracts there was still a delay with the bank issuing a loan offer. All in all it took us 6 months to exchange contracts.

What I will say is that the developers countersigned within a few days of us signing so they were efficient on that front!

Thanks, we've booked near the top of Maydehayes Rd, not due to be completed until next Jan/Feb, but we're expecting delays on that if things go according to posts on here! It'll be interesting to see if there'll be delays on the contracts arriving? It would suit us if they were delayed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmc27

We got our contract in about 6 weeks after paying our 5k deposit. It currently back with them for review before we sign it.

Hi everyone, just wondering at what point of the buying process did you meet/discuss with the developer regarding extras or available upgrades and did they contact you regarding these or did you initiate contact to discuss these? Thanks very much in advance!

Hi everyone, just wondering at what point of the buying process did you meet/discuss with the developer regarding extras or available upgrades and did they contact you regarding these or did you initiate contact to discuss these? Thanks very much in advance!

We met with James the foreman about 3 weeks before signing contracts. If your foundations are down then its a good time to have a word with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John 1

Hi guys,
    Has anyone had an issue with the address?
    I bought in Maydenhayes Square, Mornington,co Meath
    All documents have this address but a day before closing sale the mortgage lender took issue with the address as one letter from the builder had the address as..
    Maydenhayes Square
    Maydenhayes
    Mornington
    Co Meath
    Now all documents have to be changed to this address..

We met with James the foreman about 3 weeks before signing contracts. If your foundations are down then its a good time to have a word with him.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ACA2017

Hey everyone
    Just wondering what kind of extras people got in the house? Whether they were expensive
    Also does anyone have the name of someone who did the snag list for them? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Would like to know this also.

We like the upstairs of the Yeats, and the downstairs of the Joyce. Wonder if theres any hope of actually getting that.

Advertisement