Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Endurance Racing 2023+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I always forget how much I enjoy this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Can't see him stay in f1
    [...]

At least he's happy now. :)

https://twitter.com/The_Pocisk/status/1008337299787132928

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Burkie1203 wrote: »

About 5 manufacturers have shown big interest in wec after the new rules come in. Alonso is bound to be on the shopping list for at least one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

tigerboon wrote: »
    About 5 manufacturers have shown big interest in wec after the new rules come in. Alonso is bound to be on the shopping list for at least one of them.

Interested to see what Toyota is doing now, milking lemans for years or spreading out to other series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

Enjoyed the race.
    In retrospect I've no issue with Toyota winning with 'no' competition.
    They made a car that survived the 24 hours completely issue free (barring penalties) and 'hollow' victories were perfectly fine when Porsche and Audi were racking them up.
    They've put in the effort and it's finally come good.

Major issues with the ACO screwing up the regulations to basically remove any tactics whatsoever from the race from ridiculous stint rules to allowing work while refueling. Seeing a lot of negative backlash to them.

Although im not a fan of seeing it turned into the Alonso show, I have to admit he seemed to just genuinely enjoy his time and didn't activily seek the limelight, it just went looking for him.

Also Ant Davidson must be fairly sore to be dropped to reserve for Lopez who proceeded to almost single handedly lose a 2 minute lead to the number 8 during the night...well either Lopez was shockingly slow in that stint (Alonso's speed not withstanding) or Toyota reigned him in to allow the 8 to catch up!

Roll on 2019, as the man says:

".... anything that happens before or after, It's just waiting"

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Harika wrote: »
    Interested to see what Toyota is doing now, milking lemans for years or spreading out to other series

Audi will be back when electric cars can have quick battery changes and last the distance.
    It was mentioned last night that future rules favour hydrogen power and BMW in particular are already working on this.
    Toyota will only milk it until then as hybrid technology will be pushed one side. They either stay now and pick up a couple of cheap wins or pull out and develop one of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Toyota also have been working on a "Non LMP1" car apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

More praise for the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

After an excellent Sebring in March, the WEC is now at Spa, and it's snowing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

And now perfect sunshine, gotta love Spa!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

We are looking to head to Spa for the race next April. I'm confused about the race day. It looks like it happens on a Saturday. Maybe someone here knows. We went to the one in Silverstone last year which was on the Sunday.

Spa is always on the Saturday.

New season is underway. Toyota still comfortably ahead after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Good to see Peugeot coming back. Those years of them going head to head against Audi were great! Fond memories!

Positives steps.
    Aston Martin, Toyota, Peugeot and Brabham all so far brining the Hyper to Le Mans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

LeMans starting today at 1.30pm Irish time. Good to see a real mix of teams, lots of well known drivers in the different series, and this year's race has two all-women driver teams. I wish them well.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Fairly low key build up this year. Not much excitement at the front but hopefully rebellion will be able to take the fight to toyota. Shame no corvettes there this year :(

Very strange seeing empty stands.

Two Irish drivers to watch out for. Both in GT - Charlie Eastwood in the 90 Aston. And Matt Griffin in the 55 Ferrari.

Probably won't be much excitement in P1, but P2 and both GT classes should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not a fan of the handicap system in LMP1, makes a mockery of racing.

Yeah, I despise success ballast. Not a fan of BoP, but it's far better than success ballast.

But they aren't running success weights this weekend, I don't think.

Very nearly a big crash there. The 88 was lucky, not his fault though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Eurosport player 40 quid for the year to watch this all the way through. Good for the TdF and snooker also

I tried the Eurosport Player a few years ago (got a very cheap bargain), but could never get the Android TV app to work reliably. I just buy the WEC app as I watch all the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Here comes the tunder and lighting!

Good race so far in P2 and GTE Pro.

Safety car out now for the first time. Charlie Eastwood's car is running second in Am, but Griffin is running second last after some accident damage and a delaminated tire. (The driver in last at the moment is 74 years old! His car lost over 2 hours with issues)

• Advertisement

Matt Griffin's 55 has been retired. Too much damage. Garage door is down.

Advertisement