Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Austin is to launch a new Podcast series on the network. Apparently his first guest - The Undertaker

https://www.wwe.com/amp/article/steve-austin-broken-skull-sessions-premieres-nov-24-wwe-network

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Clip of show Gerry mention hopefully Good stuff

https://twitter.com/wwenetwork/status/1193981930871644160?s=21

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sin Cara has requested his release,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Asking for your release on twitter is just not the way to do it seemingly.
    Doubt he's going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,183 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ask for your release on Twitter and you get a semi decent push an improved contract and maybe a belt.

That seems to be what happens these days.

• Advertisement

Ask for your release on Twitter and you get a semi decent push an improved contract and maybe a belt.
    That seems to be what happens these days.

Mike Kanellis and Luke Harper might disagree with you there. There may be others too but can't think of them. It certainly gets you back on their radar and maybe a few weeks programming but in both those cases they've disappeared again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hopefully the character of Sin Cara dies going back to his home planet if he is released

ThePott wrote: »
    Mike Kanellis and Luke Harper might disagree with you there. There may be others too but can't think of them. It certainly gets you back on their radar and maybe a few weeks programming but in both those cases they've disappeared again.

Kanellis and his wife signed a new 5 year deal and were put into a midcard Heyman storyline even if it was ****ty one.

Harper returned and was straight back into a main event storyline with Roman and Bryan.

The OC signed new long term contracts and got another strong push.

The Revival won belts and got teamed with Randy.

Randy himself used Twitter to tease jumping and got a new long term deal.

Lana and Rusev returned to a midcard Heyman storyline no matter how **** it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kanellis and his wife signed a new 5 year deal and were put into a midcard Heyman storyline even if it was ****ty one.

I believe this was before he requested the release. Don't recall seeing him since he requested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The strange thing is that he's requesting his release when he's actually appearing on TV. So unless he requested his release in private before and that's the reason

• Advertisement

Harper returned and was straight back into a main event storyline with Roman and Bryan.
    The OC signed new long term contracts and got another strong push.
    The Revival won belts and got teamed with Randy.
    Randy himself used Twitter to tease jumping and got a new long term deal.
    Lana and Rusev returned to a midcard Heyman storyline no matter how **** it is.

Maria and Mike signed a 5 year deal and then wanted their release that was the problem.
    Harper is now nowhere to be seen once again, which is what I said.
    All the rest of the talent you mentioned never asked for their release (from memory) but are just teasing about leaving to get better deals. I'm talking about people who specficially asked over social media to be released from their contract.

The only one it ever seemed to work for was Tye Dillinger. Sin Cara has seemingly been sent home.

This is so sad especallly with all jokes about how bad he was at the time when it was prob the effects of CTE starting to show

https://twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/1194060993996832768?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭weareallmarks

500k a year garauntee for 5 years, dont mind all the chatter, magic mike wins the game. gets the money without taking a bump!

Maria and Mike signed a 5 year deal and then wanted their release that was the problem.
    Harper is now nowhere to be seen once again, which is what I said.
    All the rest of the talent you mentioned never asked for their release (from memory) but are just teasing about leaving to get better deals. I'm talking about people who specficially asked over social media to be released from their contract.

The only one it ever seemed to work for was Tye Dillinger. Sin Cara has seemingly been sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

500k a year garauntee for 5 years, dont mind all the chatter, magic mike wins the game. gets the money without taking a bump!

Source for the 500k? Not a hope Mike is making that money I'd say. I know many of the reports years ago had guys like Sabu on 75k and Ziggler etc on 300-350k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

They said it’d never happen but Guess who’s back..

Mr Cult Of Personality CM Punk is back in WWE on the backstage program with Rene Young. He appeared last night towards the end of the show

Glad he's back but anyone else think that was a pretty underwhelming way to reveal it.
    Hope he actually comes back to wrestle too. Would have lost my mind if he walked right up to Joe and we had a staredown.

Glad he's back but anyone else think that was a pretty underwhelming way to reveal it.
    Hope he actually comes back to wrestle too. Would have lost my mind if he walked right up to Joe and we had a staredown.

Patience, have must you young Jedi.

If he wasn’t returning in a wrestling capacity immediately then staring down Joe in a back stage tv show would have been under whelming. If they were going with a stare down then that should close or a PPV or Raw at least imo not some low viewed show on FS1.

I’m sure Punk will wrestle again especially when/if Fox see he’s a draw. They can tease out his wrestling return a bit more then

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭weareallmarks

500k combined. Either way, they win. All that cash, zero bumps

They win the game

https://sportzwiki.com/news/wwe-news-mike-and-maria-kanellis-salary-details-in-2019
    Source for the 500k? Not a hope Mike is making that money I'd say. I know many of the reports years ago had guys like Sabu on 75k and Ziggler etc on 300-350k.

Patience, have must you young Jedi.
    If he wasn’t returning in a wrestling capacity immediately then staring down Joe in a back stage tv show would have been under whelming. If they were going with a stare down then that should close or a PPV or Raw at least imo not some low viewed show on FS1. I’m sure Punk will wrestle again especially when/if Fox see he’s a draw. They can tease out his wrestling return a bit more then
    Oh of course but even a tense handshake when he gets on set. I just feel like more could have been done to make a big deal out of his return.

As it stands they have the biggest possible return in their company and he returned on a talk show that is tanking in the ratings. It'll help ratings but as far as making moments go it really isn't one. Interesting that his contract is with Fox and not WWE imagine if he doesn't come back to wrestling. People would be ballistic.

Either way they better get to work on WWE 24: CM PUNK.
    This may hurt Punk's AEW chances though.

Is his contract definitely with Fox? I haven’t seen that any where

• Advertisement

Is his contract definitely with Fox? I haven’t seen that any where
    That's what Meltzer said on twitter, there was reports that this would be the case when it was rumoured as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Very underwhelmed by this.. this could be huge if they did a slow burn tease of a return to the ring, but they don’t care about long term booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Seems like he’s going through some stuff lately hope he’s ok

Fury on TalkSPORT this morning hinting he will be at WrestleMania

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Officer999

Fury on TalkSPORT this morning hinting he will be at WrestleMania

Fury vs Brock surely

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Looks like a good contender for the dickheads in real life thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

nannerby wrote: »
    Looks like a good contender for the dickheads in real life thread.

Love to see him back in NJPW if he gets himself sorted.

worrying when friends of his is putting up stuff like this and he is rumoured to have been put on leave by wwe before the t-shirt drama happened

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1194737467339005952?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

In a new episode of South Park they hilariously tackle transwomen beating women in sports. They have a transwoman character, who is quite clearly based on Macho Man Randy Savage, beating all of the women. It's great because the Savage character is so manly that it's absurd that he could be thought of as a woman, and people are too afraid of being labelled a transphobe to say anything.
    However, what I found odd was that they used the Savage WCW circa 1999 look. That wasn't his most famous era, although I suppose that was when he was at his vein-bustingly roided peak. So it made their gag even funnier.

Advertisement