Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Honesty' water - do you pay?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dublin Airport is in the boil water zone....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you don’t pay you are just a greedy selfish fûckpig.

If it turned out after a while that say the company are loosing 35% of the expected revenue because of theft and need to discontinue the service that’s 100% of airport users who like to avail of this convenience and great idea for a service while rushing for a flight who now won’t be able to use it.

Always hate with a massive passion greedy and selfish fûckpigs who get an in-depth thrill out of getting something on the sly and saving a whole euro and with a greedy grin love telling the whole world. In my experience they are to be avoided like the plague as this kind of behavior usually too manifests itself in other facets of their existence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I read the first few pages on this thread and someone mentioned it mostly under 30s who would leave McDonald's, cinema and those type of places in a mess.

I was on the train yesterday, with a couple in their 50s sitting across from me on the same table. They left all their trash behind them when getting off. The girl sitting beside me also left her can of coke. Seriously how is too much to bring your own trash with you.

Back on topic, if I have a euro, I would pay for the water. You'd be paying more for it in the shops. But if I don't have the euro, I wouldn't get it and buy in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I read the first few pages on this thread and someone mentioned it mostly under 30s who would leave McDonald's, cinema and those type of places in a mess.

I was on the train yesterday, with a couple in their 50s sitting across from me on the same table. They left all their trash behind them when getting off. The girl sitting beside me also left her can of coke. Seriously how is too much to bring your own trash with you.

Back on topic, if I have a euro, I would pay for the water. You'd be paying more for it in the shops. But if I don't have the euro, I wouldn't get it and buy in the shops.

WTF is trash?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

A tap for filling reusable bottles would be a better solution.

Like the ones they already have?

They even sell aluminium reusable water bottles in the machine if you dont have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

WTF is trash?

Trash is garbage.
    What is WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

elperello wrote: »
    What is WTF?

Well That's Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

elperello wrote: »
    Trash is garbage.
    What is WTF?

WTF is garbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The mess thing depends on how you were dragged up! IMO it covers nearly all age groups, except the third age.

WTF is garbage?

Garbage is trash.
    It's ok I found out about WTF.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

WTF is trash?

Trash=rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would always pay the euro. I just think it is immoral not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Strumms wrote: »
    If you don’t pay you are just a greedy selfish fûckpig.

If it turned out after a while that say the company are loosing 35% of the expected revenue because of theft and need to discontinue the service that’s 100% of airport users who like to avail of this convenience and great idea for a service while rushing for a flight who now won’t be able to use it.

Always hate with a massive passion greedy and selfish fûckpigs who get an in-depth thrill out of getting something on the sly and saving a whole euro and with a greedy grin love telling the whole world. In my experience they are to be avoided like the plague as this kind of behavior usually too manifests itself in other facets of their existence.

I never pay for the water at the airport but then again a never take a bottle.

The plane water is a DAA own brand, celtic pure bottle it (or at least they used to before they had their problems), so I doubt they're even paying 25c/bottle wholesale.

I imagine that the break even point is more like 20c/bottle when the product and stocking cost are accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

its a balancing act.

Think of all the time airport security have taken toothpastes/ fragrances/ personal drinks off you in the past.
    evens the scales a bit but saving a bit here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

carq wrote: »
    its a balancing act.

Think of all the time airport security have taken toothpastes/ fragrances/ personal drinks off you in the past.

In fairness it's common knowledge by now what you can and can't take with you in your hand luggage....

its a balancing act.

So in return for the security staff doing their job to protect your life and the lives of other passengers you rob their employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

its a balancing act.

Of levels of being tight-fisted, sure! How many people have vendettas in their heads against security staff anyway? I've only given up stuff once in all the time this has been in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In practice, it seems like quite a few people overpay for the water and it balances out evenly according to what DAA have published previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If the honesty system failed then you'd be paying €2-3 for a bottle of water. The Airport stores will gouge you for it.

Advertisement