Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting a child involved

• 09-11-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

My son started school in september and has been playing cricket with some of the other kids there

just for some background me and my wife would be fairly interested in cricket having been to ireland games in malahide clontarf and lords this summer and the child loves watching the game on tv

he was excited to tell me that one of the older kids kept getting him out, but yesterday he finally got his "first hit" he was smiling from ear to ear. that same kid who I think is a bit older, maybe 8, mentioned that there is a club in the phoenix park which i imagine is probably phoenix?

I will ask the child's parents of course, but is it the wrong time of year to look to get involved? is 5 too young? I don't think it is because he is currently playing football and learning great skills, so I'd love for him to get involved in cricket especially as he's showing an interest in it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

You're never too young to learn the skills and enjoy the game!

There are 2 clubs in the Phoenix Park, but to my knowledge only one has a Youth Section, and that's Phoenix. You'll get all the info you need about them on their website, including contact emails etc.

It is the wrong time of year for any action to be happening, but I'm sure Phoenix would be happy to add you to their mailing list and that way you'll be notified as soon as it starts up again in the spring.

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement