Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

When i am older than doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am older than the Taoiseach by a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Football managers are getting younger than me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

seamusk84 wrote: »
    We had some transition years in the office during the week for a bit of work experience. I had to give a run through of my career to date and told them I graduated college in 05.
    One of them said to me: I was three years old then.
    Fecking hell....

My car is older than them so, and I bought the f*ckin' thing new.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Realizing that Elvis has been dead as long as he was alive (42 years) I remember vividly hearing the news,where I was,what I did that day etc,etc.
    I have to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jpLo1A4x_g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When some of my toenails are too tough to cut with a scissors!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

When I start saying to myself "gosh these elasticated waistbands are really comfortable".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Watching old TV shows on Youtube that have the real ads included.
    Back in the day I would have fast forwarded the VHS tape.
    Now I am nostalgic for them!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you see your old hot teachers again and they aren't that hot anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hearing the youth being optimistic about the future! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Circuit training..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When you're down on your hunkers and you take a moment to see if there's anything else you can do while you're down there.

Reminds me of a conversation with the brother on whatsapp, he explained 'You know your getting old when you go upstairs for something and because your near the toilet you go fcuk it might as well take a slash so I don't need one afterward.' :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just had the 6.30 am bladder wake up call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Reminds me of a conversation with the brother on whatsapp, he explained 'You know your getting old when you go upstairs for something and because your near the toilet you go fcuk it might as well take a slash so I don't need one afterward.' :)

:D

Or when you walk into a room with purpose and once in completely forget why you’re there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,133 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pinch Flat wrote: »

wait until you start having 3.30 am bladder wakeup calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,133 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

:D

Or when you walk into a room with purpose and once in completely forget why you’re there.

that is called Threshold Syndrome and there is actual science behind the reason why that happens.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-walking-through-doorway-makes-you-forget/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

It's frosty this morning and more body parts than ever are aching.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just realised on Monday it will be 10 years since the Thierry Henry handball fiasco, surely it can't have been that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,412 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just realised on Monday it will be 10 years since the Thierry Henry handball fiasco, surely it can't have been that long ago.

Please tell me you're joking.

The guy who sits to my left in work wasn’t even born when I graduated from my degree course. And he isn’t an intern this year.

You old?
    Me, leaving school in 1978 it wasn’t at all a given you went third level. Civil Service, Banks etc were the way to go then straight from Leaving Cert. in fact you could get what was regarded as a plumb job in the ESB as a computer operator having completed Intermediate Certificate (Junior Cert+ to most of you) but the entry exam was really tough and beyond me :( I knew people who got it, and had all sorts of opportunities to study further, work abroad etc. Your career could start out of school then, earning and all. However pay in those days was very modest, and standard of living very much so. But you could have the odd luxury and it was exciting when you did!

• Advertisement

that is called Threshold Syndrome and there is actual science behind the reason why that happens.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-walking-through-doorway-makes-you-forget/

I’m so relieved, thought it was the menopause :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Oh, how I long for one of them 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

And some people are still going on about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

I got one for you. Was just in Tesco buying a slab of beer and went through the self check out. When a young woman in charge of that area came up asked if I needed her to lift it up and scan it for me. I was like damn girl, I'm not there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

9pm on a Friday night and only fit for the leaba after the week.

Was a time when Monday was worst day of week, wrecked tired and dead from the weekend. But you always got better as the week wore on and fighting fit again by Friday.

Now it's the opposite, Grand on the Monday but wrecked by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

When I'm slagging off football players for being old and past their best at the age of 33 and remembering I'm 36 in February!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

when interns think MacGyver was a minor character on the Simpsons....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People who've never heard of Jimmy Hoffa.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When you realise someone born in 2000 is now an adult, well in age anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

Rooney and Ronaldo are close to retirement. I remember there debuts like it was yesterday.

I bought a new vacuum cleaner and was excited about it.

I now need 9 hours of sleep to function properly in work.

I'm afraid of the two day hangover so gave up drinking

I can feel myself getting older and dying.

I died in 1996

Advertisement