Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,913 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I currently don't see Bidens appeal beyond US voters who will always vote Democrat. Lets see what August turns up after the DNC convention. Where is the swing vote likely to go is the question?

Really? You need to look further. Google "Lincoln Republicans" for starters. Then take a look here: https://rvat.org/

They're voting Biden.

Fivethirtyeight's been looking at polls and their swing state data (as of today, of course) has Biden comfortably 100+ Electoral College votes ahead of Trump. Biden's way ahead in places where Trump squeaked by last time like Michigan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Igotadose wrote: »
    Really? You need to look further. Google "Lincoln Republicans" for starters. Then take a look here: https://rvat.org/

They're voting Biden.

Fivethirtyeight's been looking at polls and their swing state data (as of today, of course) has Biden comfortably 100+ Electoral College votes ahead of Trump. Biden's way ahead in places where Trump squeaked by last time like Michigan
    How many "Lincoln Republicans" are there... 10, maybe? Funny how the biased media give them so much credibility and print space. Anything to take down Trump, I guess.

So the pollsters are putting Biden up by 100+ Electoral College votes? I guess if 2016 isn't forgotten it probably means Trump wins in a landslide. What will the polls look like in a few weeks as we watch 24/7 the social unrest “protests” causing violence, destruction and mayhem in our urban areas run by democrat mayors and democrat governors? It can’t help Biden and the democrats in any way. These polls notoriously underrepresent Trump support in middle America that will actually be the deciding factor that wins this election, not the coastal democrat votes.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Actor, gambler, political commentator, and certified genius James Woods’ Twitter account is one to watch in this election. He mostly posts political commentary and regularly skewers democrats. Biden should take heed to Woods account because he regularly posts common sense attitudes that most people would say... "yeah, that’s right."

In one of his latest tweets he took Nancy Pelosi to task on something that will be an issue in this election… The taking down of Confederate statues, memorials and recognition’s.

Pelosi, Speaker of the House, ordered the Capitol removal of portraits of former Speakers who’d served in the Confederacy.

In reaction Woods tweeted the following
    “How about your buddy, KKK leader Robert Byrd?”

It’s a fair question if democrats have now squarely moved into a political cancel culture to buy votes from the woke. Robert Byrd (D) served in the Senate as Minority Leader from 1981-1987, and Majority leader from 1987-1989, and he was a former member of the Ku Klux Klan.

In 1944, during WW2 Bird wrote the following to Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:
    “I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

I bet Pelosi will ignore the requests that will be picked up from Woods and will be used in response to her cancel decree.

Upon Byrd’s death Pelosi, who loved the guy, said... “While some simply bore witness to history, Senator Byrd shaped it – and strove to build a brighter future for us all. ... He never hesitated to speak truth to power. He was a voice of reason during times of war and economic hardship. ...' And he always stood on principle, even when others did not.”

"Stood on principle" eh? Funny how it’s always do as I say, not as I do, with democrats.

Woods is one to watch this election. His commentary will surely be picked up and used against Biden and democrats this election season. And watch for liberal social media justice warriors go into overdrive to try and have Twitter ban Woods in the lead-up to the election.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As you already are well aware, Obtuse, Robert Byrd denounced the KKK half a century ago. Pull another.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    Actor, gambler, political commentator, and certified genius James Woods’ Twitter account is one to watch in this election. He mostly posts political commentary and regularly skewers democrats. Biden should take heed to Woods account because he regularly posts common sense attitudes that most people would say... "yeah, that’s right."

In one of his latest tweets he took Nancy Pelosi to task on something that will be an issue in this election… The taking down of Confederate statues, memorials and recognition’s.

Pelosi, Speaker of the House, ordered the Capitol removal of portraits of former Speakers who’d served in the Confederacy.

In reaction Woods tweeted the following

It’s a fair question if democrats have now squarely moved into a political cancel culture to buy votes from the woke. Robert Byrd (D) served in the Senate as Minority Leader from 1981-1987, and Majority leader from 1987-1989, and he was a former member of the Ku Klux Klan.

In 1944, during WW2 Bird wrote the following to Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:

I bet Pelosi will ignore the requests that will be picked up from Woods and will be used in response to her cancel decree.

Upon Byrd’s death Pelosi, who loved the guy, said... “While some simply bore witness to history, Senator Byrd shaped it – and strove to build a brighter future for us all. ... He never hesitated to speak truth to power. He was a voice of reason during times of war and economic hardship. ...' And he always stood on principle, even when others did not.”

"Stood on principle" eh? Funny how it’s always do as I say, not as I do, with democrats.

Woods is one to watch this election. His commentary will surely be picked up and used against Biden and democrats this election season. And watch for liberal social media justice warriors go into overdrive to try and have Twitter ban Woods in the lead-up to the election.

The same Robert Byrd who saw the error of his ways

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
    While he initially voted against civil rights legislation, in 1959 he hired one of the Capitol's first black congressional aides, and he also took steps to integrate the United States Capitol Police for the first time since Reconstruction.[73] Beginning in the 1970s, Byrd explicitly renounced his earlier views in favor of racial segregation.[22][74] Byrd said that he regretted filibustering and voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964[75] and would change it if he had the opportunity. 
    For the 2003–2004 session, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)[85] rated Byrd's voting record as being 100% in line with the NAACP's position on the thirty-three Senate bills they evaluated. Sixteen other senators received that rating. In June 2005, Byrd proposed an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorialin Washington, D.C., remarking that, "With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently."[86] Upon news of his death, the NAACP released a statement praising Byrd, saying that he "became a champion for civil rights and liberties" and "came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

James Woods is filled with nothing with hate filled bile. He used to have a pretty normal twitter account until Trump appeared and then he turned into a compete ****. or maybe he just revealed who he really is.

The same Robert Byrd who saw the error of his ways

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
    While he initially voted against civil rights legislation, in 1959 he hired one of the Capitol's first black congressional aides, and he also took steps to integrate the United States Capitol Police for the first time since Reconstruction.[73] Beginning in the 1970s, Byrd explicitly renounced his earlier views in favor of racial segregation.[22][74] Byrd said that he regretted filibustering and voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964[75] and would change it if he had the opportunity.
    Oh, so is redemption only allowed for Byrd and no one else? I believe each and every one of those Speakers that fought for the Confederacy repented and condemned slavery after the Civil War, as did Robert E Lee. (I believe Jefferson Davis is the only Confederate politician or major figure to not renounce his actions after the war). Shouldn’t they ALL be provided equal treatment? Or is it the case of “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others” that democrats seem to live by?

James Woods is filled with nothing with hate filled bile. He used to have a pretty normal twitter account until Trump appeared and then he turned into a compete ****. or maybe he just revealed who he really is.
    I guess that puts him on par with the liberal mainstream media Trump hatred. Biden on the other hand could speak incoherently, and dribble on himself in the process, and the media would still call him a great orator.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I guess that puts him on par with the liberal mainstream media Trump hatred. Biden on the other hand could speak incoherently, and dribble on himself in the process, and the media would still call him a great orator.

nah. woods is just straight out nasty. no wonder he likes trump so much

nah. woods is just straight out nasty. no wonder he likes trump so much
    Yes he can be nasty, I grant you that. And a in-your-face type of nasty, unlike the media's lying, deceitful, and hateful type of nasty.

• Advertisement

Oh, so is redemption only allowed for Byrd and no one else? I believe each and every one of those Speakers that fought for the Confederacy repented and condemned slavery after the Civil War, as did Robert E Lee. (I believe Jefferson Davis is the only Confederate politician or major figure to not renounce his actions after the war). Shouldn’t they ALL be provided equal treatment? Or is it the case of “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others” that democrats seem to live by?

Even though you’d be the first in line to say “wait a god damn minute” if anyone wanted to commission a statute of Byrd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,913 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Stonewall Jackson didn't repent (you'd have to have survived the Civil War for that to happen.) Likewise Ambrose Hill, Leonidas Polk are a couple of Civil War Confederate generals who didn't survive the war, and now have military bases named after them.

As for Robert E. Lee, most recent investigations into his history say, basically, he freed slaves because he had to. I don't think he ever 'repented.'
    https://www.neh.gov/humanities/2011/julyaugust/feature/how-did-robert-e-lee-become-american-icon

Have you ever seen me say anything about the people you have mentioned?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Stonewall Jackson didn't repent (you'd have to have survived the Civil War for that to happen.) Likewise Ambrose Hill, Leonidas Polk are a couple of Civil War Confederate generals who didn't survive the war, and now have military bases named after them.

As for Robert E. Lee, most recent investigations into his history say, basically, he freed slaves because he had to. I don't think he ever 'repented.'
    https://www.neh.gov/humanities/2011/julyaugust/feature/how-did-robert-e-lee-become-american-icon
    Military bases are usually named after great commanders for their military decisions, prowess and achievements. Although they fought for the wrong side one can’t deny some of their military genius applied against an enemy. Find me someone, anyone, human and free from sin.

Lee’s viewpoints before, during, and after the war are still debated today. He once wrote "In this enlightened age, there are few, I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any country.” In addition, Robert Garlick Hill Kean, a Lynchburg native working in the Confederate war department, confessed to his diary on January 24, 1865, that he was "astonished" that Lee "favors emancipation per se," as well as advocating "large enlistments accompanied by the promise of prospective emancipation of the families of the negro soldier." I think you will forever find differences of opinion regarding Lee.

Military bases are usually named after great commanders for their military decisions, prowess and achievements. Although they fought for the wrong side one can’t deny some of their military genius applied against an enemy. Find me someone, anyone, human and free from sin.

Lee’s viewpoints before, during, and after the war are still debated today. He once wrote "In this enlightened age, there are few, I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any country.” In addition, Robert Garlick Hill Kean, a Lynchburg native working in the Confederate war department, confessed to his diary on January 24, 1865, that he was "astonished" that Lee "favors emancipation per se," as well as advocating "large enlistments accompanied by the promise of prospective emancipation of the families of the negro soldier." I think you will forever find differences of opinion regarding Lee.

So why shouldn’t Pearl Harbor be renamed for Hirohito?

Have you ever seen me say anything about the people you have mentioned?
    Not that I recall. But I do find it hypocritical if you treat Byrd differently than those Pelosi wants to cancel from history. If one believes Byrd should be forgiven for his change of heart, or seen the error of their ways, shouldn’t all the others be treated likewise for theirs?

Not that I recall. But I do find it hypocritical if you treat Byrd differently than those Pelosi wants to cancel from history. If one believes Byrd should be forgiven for his change of heart, or seen the error of their ways, shouldn’t all the others be treated likewise for theirs?

Who is giving him a statue in the town square?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

This is Joe Biden 2 days ago in Philadelphia

UGMUJ262NNA6LF7GL5T2WZOTVY.jpg

There are currently over a million people looking to attend the next Trump rally in Tulsa.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Not that I recall. But I do find it hypocritical if you treat Byrd differently than those Pelosi wants to cancel from history.

But I'm not, I haven't compared him to anyone so I'm not sure why you keep quoting me whilst heading down this path. You wouldn't discuss Trump nmdrinking water like a 3 year old earlier because you said it was "off topic" so why all of a sudden do you wish to go off topic with this?
    If one believes Byrd should be forgiven for his change of heart, or seen the error of their ways, shouldn’t all the others be treated likewise for theirs?

More off topic waffle.

Why would Biden host a rally or encourage people to be socializing needlessly when there’s a pandemic?

• Advertisement

This is Joe Biden 2 days ago in Philadelphia

UGMUJ262NNA6LF7GL5T2WZOTVY.jpg

There are currently over a million people looking to attend the next Trump rally in Tulsa.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And the point you're making is?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Trump is very popular, Biden and the fake mainstream media are not.

Not according to the data.

Biden is zero energy, going to be replaced, Trump would eviscerate him.

What an idiotic post, he is obviously being socially aware that there is a pandemic doing the rounds, unlike Trump who will let 100,000 people put themselves at risk just so he can massage his fragile ego.

If he is such a dead cert then please take out a 20k loan and put it all on Trump to win, post your betting slip here to prove you have done it.

Who is zero energy?

https://twitter.com/mcspocky/status/1272424366655979521?s=21

Overheal wrote: »
    Not according to the data.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-01-at-9.02.52-AM.gif

But I'm not, I haven't compared him to anyone so I'm not sure why you keep quoting me whilst heading down this path. You wouldn't discuss Trump nmdrinking water like a 3 year old earlier because you said it was "off topic" so why all of a sudden do you wish to go off topic with this?

More off topic waffle.
    I meant 'you' in the general term. Sorry if that was unclear. The actions of Pelosi most definitely relate to Biden and his election chances. She is the Speaker of the House, controlled by democrats. There is no way he can distance himself from her unless he condemns her actions.

• Advertisement

If he is such a dead cert then please take out a 20k loan and put it all on Trump to win, post your betting slip here to prove you have done it.

They are both 2/1, that is a terrible bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement