Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was there really warm sunshine in Dublin today? Genuinely asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sunny spells, nothing special. Cloudy evening with some light rain or drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well in my neck of the woods in North Dublin, between bouts of clouds there was.. but Dublin isn't homogenous where weather is concerned. Dublin mountains have a greater localised effect on South Dublin.

Just rained there for a brief spell. Seems to have passed on for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sunny and breezy , great drying weather

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Forecast for the east for tomorrow has flipped alot over the past day or so.Dublin airport TAF forecasting rain all day. Looking miserable. More showery elsewhere but nothing great.

• Advertisement

Terrible evening here now heavy rain and cold. Depressing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Was a decent day in this part of Dublin up until about 5pm. Good sunny spells up until then. High of 18.9c here in Dublin 16. 11.9c now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Terrible evening here now heavy rain and cold. Depressing.

297.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very Heavy Rain in Kildare now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Sunny spells, nothing special. Cloudy evening with some light rain or drizzle.

In all fairness though it has been a pretty good day by recent standards until around 5 and felt mild enough.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    In all fairness though it has been a pretty good day by recent standards until around 5 and felt mild enough.

I think my standards or expectations have grown somewhat after summer last year and February.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The ME Forecast on RTE has been upgrading this weeks cold all day, this morning they were saying temperatures 2 degrees below average, this afternoon they were saying 2 to 3 degrees below average and on a recent forecast I heard them say 2 to 4 degrees below average.

Awful evening here at Dunshaughlin, had about 5 brief downpours during the day, light rain and drizzle for past 2 hours. Fire well and truly lit. Looks like we will be lighting fires into next week. I don't remember ever having a June week where we are lighting fires all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

This has to be the worst start to June for nearly 10 years!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Was supposed to be dreadful here in Cork from about midday onwards, but we have seen only a touch of rain. Its chilly though, but much better than I was expecting the day to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Miserable here in meath, just awful, was up in the home place and the parents had the fire blazing like it was december, no fire lit here and wont be lighting one, just cant do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very mixed bag in Dublin today. Lovely + sunny this morning but cold in the breeze. Off to bloom we went + everyone had jackets as freezing in open Phoneix Park. Grand once inside + mild when sun briefly appeared. However plenty of rain showers + by 6pm lashing + only 12 degrees. This is the worst May/ start of June I ever remember.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Actually not a bad day in Waterford City with sunny spells and we managed to avoid any showers. Max Temp 16.4c

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

appledrop wrote: »
    This is the worst May/ start of June I ever remember.

Short term memory? Been rubbish but I wouldn't call it 2012 or 2015 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sh!t week ahead...below average temps 12 - 14c, northerly winds

my first outdoor swim of the year will have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Savage wind yesterday.
    Great day in Glendalough today.
    Lashing rain when we got back on the M50/M3 at 8pm.
    Need waders tomorrow going by forecast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭alentejo

The next 6 days weather in ireland are terrible. Depressed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Was in Amsterdam for the weekend, roasting throughout, reached 30C yesterday and had a big night-time thunderstorm in the distance to boot. Landing back in Dublin and everyone was straight into their luggage to get their jackets out :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ME reporting 25mm rain in Dublin the next 24 hours. Great June weather

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wishing i had not read back ... what collective misery!

Out here, I snugged in and knitted socks and read and watched youtube..
    Bliss..

ANYHOO!

IT IS SHEERLY LOVELY OUT!

My "scatter of cats" took me for a ramble around five am... we watched the sun rise gold and bright between the mountains and I picked wild flowers as we ambled along, they racing and playing as I picked wild flowers. Listened to the cuckoo and skylark..

Certainly fresh, but still and clear.

west mayo offshore paradise

A very foggy start to the day here in Castlebar but nice and dry. Should escape the worst of it today.

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan

Heavy rain today and overnight. 30 to 35 mm expected.

Valid: Tuesday 04 June 2019 07:00 to Wednesday 05 June 2019 06:00

Issued: Tuesday 04 June 2019 06:00

Updated: Tuesday 04 June 2019 06:00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Lashing cork city for the last few hours brutal weather

Torrential rain here this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

I'm pretty tolerant of the weather in this country, but this morning is absolutely dismal in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dark with heavy rain in meath, water running out of fields already, real sh*tty morning

Advertisement