Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Just got a email regarding the assessments on the 10th may.

I presume every applicant got this or was it by a successful application?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Frazer212

Hi all. Anyone doing the Student Paramedic Preparation courses being run around the country? [The courses to prepare you for the upcoming assessment tests in Dublin] Anyone with any knowledge of them and are they worth the money?

Regards (and good luck to everyone applying)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dolmun

Can anyone clarify for me please can you use your college degree instead of the LC results or must you have both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

They are worth doin if you are not too familiar with aptitude tests. If money is tight don't bother.

Some people will tell you that you are the biggest fool in the world for doing them. Depends who you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Dolmun wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify for me please can you use your college degree instead of the LC results or must you have both?

They normally take college degree on a case by case basis. Depends if UCD accept your degree in lue of the LC.
    wrote:
    Hi all. Anyone doing the Student Paramedic Preparation courses being run around the country? [The courses to prepare you for the upcoming assessment tests in Dublin] Anyone with any knowledge of them and are they worth the money?

I personally think the're a scam, looking to make a quick buck, from feedback from previous attendees, only benefit seems to be the setting in which you do the practice tests is similar to the setup on the "real" tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 gateshead

So is this basically the same course as the new college course in Limerick? I was under the impression all recruitment would be through the colleges directly from now on.
    If it is the same course then will they continue to do both paths?

I don't have lc unfortunately so irrelevant at this stage but just confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

gateshead wrote: »
    So is this basically the same course as the new college course in Limerick? I was under the impression all recruitment would be through the colleges directly from now on.
    If it is the same course then will they continue to do both paths?

I don't have lc unfortunately so irrelevant at this stage but just confused.
    Different course(in some ways) but leads to the same qualification.

You will be employed by the hse and paid to train. It is not a degree.

Anyone get any other date for tests other than the 10th, any one I've spoken to are all on the 10th? Maybe not a big uptake this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Know of three on the 9th

Mine is on the 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Hi All,

Wasn't in a position to apply myself (newly qualified nurse, I love what I do but would like to go down the paramedic road in future). Does anybody know how often the HSE opens applications?? Will it be a few years before this comes around again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Hi All,

Wasn't in a position to apply myself (newly qualified nurse, I love what I do but would like to go down the paramedic road in future). Does anybody know how often the HSE opens applications?? Will it be a few years before this comes around again?

Last time was 2013 time before that was 2010 but before that was 2009 so depends how many classes the put through if you are wanting to do it you should try get all the licences etc sorted they take a while

Best of luck to anyone in for tests tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

Did the tests there today, won't give anything away of course, in and out within an hour. Now the week long wait for results begins. Best of luck to everyone who have the tests coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

dmc36 wrote: »
    Did the tests there today, won't give anything away of course, in and out within an hour. Now the week long wait for results begins. Best of luck to everyone who have the tests coming up.
    Glad it went well for you ... can I just ask. Did they keep your paperwork .. qualifications/licence etc or just copies

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Glad it went well for you ... can I just ask. Did they keep your paperwork .. qualifications/licence etc or just copies

Will be taken and returned by registered post. It says in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

They give back your license there and then, the rest (any originals) will be posted back

The lady doing registration takes the certs and said UCD return them by post

The lady doing registration takes the certs and said UCD return them by post

I did it today. Small numbers, only 12 in my session. But a session every hour? I found the connections with the grids tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

Are they going on until Friday?
    There were about 20 in my group on Monday.

Osgood wrote: »

Only 10 in my group on Tuesday, can't see them going till Friday, wouldn't have time to get education certs to UCD for approval and have results out by Monday. The girl doing registrations on Tuesday said it is all running on time so there shouldn't be a delay in getting result out by Monday. Have heard rumors that there was less than 700 going to aptitude tests.

The very short application window and requirement to already have the C must have cut huge numbers of people out.

A lesson to anyone who wants to be a paramedic in future - get your C asap because nobody will pay you to do it anymore. (For the benefit of anyone reading this thread in one or two years time)

Osgood wrote: »

Only 10 in my group on Tuesday, can't see them going till Friday, wouldn't have time to get education certs to UCD for approval and have results out by Monday. The girl doing registrations on Tuesday said it is all running on time so there shouldn't be a delay in getting result out by Monday. Have heard rumors that there was less than 700 going to aptitude tests.
    How did you find the assessments?

How did you find the assessments?

No too bad, a little easier than expected, the logical was fairly straight forward, could find the sequence in all bar one, but had time to look over it, got all the verbal done with about 3 seconds to spare!! Hopefully enough to get placed in band A. Did you do the test yourself if so how'd you find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Anybody know if there was negative marking on the assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

Anybody know if there was negative marking on the assessments?

According to the cut-e website they pride themselves in negative marking...

Anybody heard anything from the assessments?

Anybody heard anything from the assessments?

Noting on my end yet, do they close at 5pm? Or could we hear later than 5, anyone know?

• Advertisement

Noting on my end yet, do they close at 5pm? Or could we hear later than 5, anyone know?

Was it supposed to be today? Wow that's very quick.

Advertisement