Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2018, 21:14   #286
Artane2002

I had a whole sunny day on Sunday, 25 February this year. Literally not a cloud in the sky all day. March has not been very good for sun at all, but as I said, I'm fine with it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-03-2018, 12:19   #287
corcaigh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryanbruen View Post
For parts of Europe yes. Ireland and the UK were statistically not in that. December was close to average, January was sunny whilst February was very sunny. In fact, in the UK's records back to 1929, it was the second sunniest Winter on record.

Cork Airport had unbroken sunshine on January 6th and 7th, February 1st, 6th, 13th and 20th. You can see for yourself in Met reann's historical data. http://www.met.ie/climate-request/

But seriously, what the hell was this post of mine back then (no doubt, wow I sound far too cocky)? Summer 2017 had the odd location above average sunshine wise such as Casement Aerodrome but most places were rather dull for the third consecutive Summer. Imagine a fourth consecutive dull one in 2018 - especially with the poor outlooks.

Excellent! was recently looking for something like this tool to check out the data!
04-07-2018, 15:15   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by armabelle View Post
I know the weather in Ireland is bad but I didn't know it was going to be so bad and being new here (arrived in Jan) I have not seen one whole sunny day except for once about 6 weeks ago when it was cold as hell and it was only one day. Does it get better ever?
Yes, yes it does.
04-07-2018, 15:23   #289
REBELSAFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Prophet View Post
Yes, yes it does.
However, you have to wait about 2 and a half years
Thanks from:
04-07-2018, 15:34   #290
hatrickpatrick

Armabelle: Is there ever a whole sunny day in Ireland?
Irish weather: Hold my beer
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion