Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options
  • 30-09-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all, does anyone know the process for joining the airport fire service or maybe anyone on here is in it already can give me some info???

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

smokie32 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know the process for joining the airport fire service or maybe anyone on here is in it already can give me some info???

Thanks in advance :)

Usually internal recruitment from Dublin Airport Authority. But been Afew years since they recruited.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Yeah it's usually internal so you'd have to be working for DAA already and go for it then. No idea on when they'll be recruiting next etc... Nice job though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

djor88 wrote: »
    Yeah it's usually internal so you'd have to be working for DAA already and go for it then. No idea on when they'll be recruiting next etc... Nice job though!

That's what I was thinking. Yeah, it would be unreal. I applied to Gatwick and got down to the last 50. Would be nicer to be closer to home. Guess those guys just don't want to leave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

smokie32 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Yeah, it would be unreal. I applied to Gatwick and got down to the last 50. Would be nicer to be closer to home. Guess those guys just don't want to leave :D

The use to have a split roster with the airport police. Like few weeks fire fighter few weeks police officer. Think some member still do it. Perfect job in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

The use to have a split roster with the airport police. Like few weeks fire fighter few weeks police officer. Think some member still do it. Perfect job in my opinion

Perfect is right! And the added bonus of variety doing airport police as well. Is it any wonder anyone who has a job there never quits. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mac the knife

I see that the Airport Fire Service are recruiting ? is there an age limit on the applying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

I see that the Airport Fire Service are recruiting ? is there an age limit on the applying

No

Check out the application form. All information on it that you need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Anyone know what rosters they work out of interest? And what they're retirement age is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mac the knife

Tintin8 wrote: »
    No

Check out the application form. All information on it that you need to know

Hi tintin 8 the upper age limit is not stated. I'm 48 am I too old ?? Maybe someone from DFB might know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I dont feel so old applying now 😊 Sure apply anyway it doesnt take long and sure it cant do any harm.

• Advertisement

Hi tintin 8 the upper age limit is not stated. I'm 48 am I too old ?? Maybe someone from DFB might know

Your definitely not too old. Galway city trained a 48year old last year. Albeit he came from retained

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Any idea what the remuneration etc. is for this job? Information on that page aint great...

Or maybe it is just because it if for the formation of a panel, so no actual jobs on offer as of yet?

H

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Anybody who applied hear anything back yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

A.G.S wrote: »
    Anybody who applied hear anything back yet ?

Just applied there myself.

When was it announced first?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Just applied there myself.

When was it announced first?

Announced last week. Closing date 6th March I think. you won't hear anything back until the application process is over. I'd imagine we will do the aptitude before end of March

I wonder how many positions they're recruiting for? Presumably the training is done for a batch of recruits.

I wonder how many positions they're recruiting for? Presumably the training is done for a batch of recruits.

They are recruiting 10

Coolio.

Would there traditionally be a large amount of applicants? Just wondering about my chances of being called. I've only a B Licence and no relative experience bar two years in Security.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Coolio.

Would there traditionally be a large amount of applicants? Just wondering about my chances of being called. I've only a B Licence and no relative experience bar two years in Security.

I always thought that it was nearly always internal recruitment myself. I heard that they are looking to recruit 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Anyone got any idea what the pay is like out there? It's private sector right? Employed by DAA...? Not like the regular public sector fire service??

H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

From what I've been told, there are a lot of retirements coming up over the next 3 years within the airport fire service, so that explains the panel.

I'm not sure what a new firefighter is getting in Dublin airport but with a few years service you'd be on near the 40 grand mark. I reckon the whole application process from actually submitting paperwork to starting training if you're lucky enough is going to take a few months.

Coolio.

Traditionally the fire service gets huge interest. Last year cork city had 2500 applications for 18 jobs.

Don't worry about it. Lads with fire service experience will have a slight advantage. But not having experience isn't a deal breaker as they do like a variety of different people with different backgrounds.

Apparently they are only letting a 1000 do they aptitude test, so they will do a shortlist of the CV's they receive ... That's what I heard today .

Heathen wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea what the pay is like out there? It's private sector right? Employed by DAA...? Not like the regular public sector fire service??

H

I rekon about €30,000 first year probation but €40,000 in 2nd year

big.left90 wrote: »
    From what I've been told, there are a lot of retirements coming up over the next 3 years within the airport fire service, so that explains the panel.

I'm not sure what a new firefighter is getting in Dublin airport but with a few years service you'd be on near the 40 grand mark. I reckon the whole application process from actually submitting paperwork to starting training if you're lucky enough is going to take a few months.

It'll take a few months definitely. Patience is key in these recruitments. Trust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Just applied myself, best of luck to anyone else who applied

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Can anyone tell me where I would get an application form - or where to apply please - thank you

That's great Mr Nasty - appreciate that... x

That's great Mr Nasty - appreciate that x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Closing date for applications tomorrow! Best of luck to ye all

Advertisement