Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-07-2009, 22:17   #1
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

So perhaps to get to know everybody that frequents here and to help everybody recognise each other for future boards meets we will have this picture and info sticky. So you can put pictures of yourself here, description of your diet, age, location, career, whatever and how much you are comfortable sharing, no more! Feel free to post updates or new photos too, whatever you want.

Some of you may not know how to post a picture on here so I'll do a quick run through first. You go to a website like www.photobucket.com or one of the others like flickr and you make an account. You are then given the option to upload pictures off your PC to your album. The site will then give you a link with the picture under it. To post it on here you paste the link in a post and write [?img] at the start of it and [/?img] after it, without the "?"s. So it might look like [?img]www.photobucket.com/picture.jpg[/?img]. If anybody has trouble let me know and I'll help you out, but I imagine most know how to by now. You can also just link to bebo/facebook whatever if you wush to show the photo that way.

So anyway I had better start it off since I am making the thread.

I am from Sligo, I have been a vegetarian for 5 years, maybe a vegan one day but that might take some years. I am vegetarian for many reasons, mostly ethical and environmental. When I started out all I ate was meat and it's taken me these years to get used to a vegetable diet. I would never go back now, it's fun to eat what I eat and try/cook new meals, and it makes me much happier than I would be if I still ate meat.

I have recently turned 23 and graduated a year ago with a degree in Electronic & Computer Engineering from NUIG.
So I lived for 4.5 years in galway and I am back in Sligo now. At the moment I am looking for a masters course/job, preferably in the capital, am studying for future certifications and learning to drive!

This is me on the left(you can tell by paleness):*
It is from a year ago when myself and my class visited Edinburgh.

I'll refrain from other pictures until other people post! You might even see the full face one day

*Not me really, just googled 'male model', i'm really a girl, honest, yes...

Last edited by --LOS--; 27-05-2014 at 14:21.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-07-2009, 22:40   #2
Mentalmiss

It is very nice to meet you.
Thanks from:
07-07-2009, 22:54   #3
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalmiss View Post
It is very nice to meet you.
Thank you Mentalmiss, hopefully will have some more info from you and others soon.
Regale us with tales of starting your raw food diet and so on.
08-07-2009, 00:01   #4
maameeo

ok, ill post so Tar doesnt look like a loner!

im a vegetarian about emm must be 14 years now!
im 26 and iv a lil girl who is nearly 7, thats her in the pics! shes the bestest, dont know what id do without her (seriously, im like her child!)
im a graphic designer.
i cant cook. (trying to learn!)
i love meeting new peoples (feel like im posting on single pages here now, i dont know what to say!)
i love all things sci-fi and fantasy.
hmm, things that make me happy...second hand shopping, drawing, piercings, reading, going out with the girdles, music, driving, driving while listening to music and singing at top of my lungs (best done on motorway!)

i cant think of anything else to say atm, so pics....

08-07-2009, 15:20   #5
Aoifums

Jesus, I'm terrible at these kinda things...

Ok. I'm Aoife, I'm 16 and I'm a girl.
Um... I went veggie back in 05 and went vegan last October...
I'm going into fifth year this year.
I live in Dublin. Always have.
I hate cooking, it seems I have to do it almost everyday and I'm sick of it. Baking is good though. I like making cake
Sci-fi makes me happy.
I blow all my money on chocolate, boxsets and shiny things

I'll post a pic when my laptop is working again. It's the only place with pics of me.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-07-2009, 17:26   #6
biZrb

Tar, I did Computer Engineering in college, so we probably learnt some of the same stuff, but don't talk to me about it cause I didn't really like my course!

I've been vegan for 3 years, I was vegetarian for 8 years before that.
I'm not really doing anything at the moment, just dosing basically! I'm going to be starting a great job in October, which I'm really looking forward to.
I love tea, vodka and music.
Thanks from:
08-07-2009, 17:44   #7
Mentalmiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by biZrb View Post
Tar, I did Computer Engineering in college, so we probably learnt some of the same stuff, but don't talk to me about it cause I didn't really like my course!
I did Electronic Engineering but don't talk to me about it either because that was in the late seventies and the subject has changed a tiny bit since that.
08-07-2009, 17:58   #8
AssaultedPeanut

Hello

I'm a DIT graduate with an Hons Degree in Food Technology, I graduated last year. Currently working in a completely unrelated job though, hard times and all that.
I'm 25. I was born, and live, in Dublin. I never have money and can never remember what i spent it on. I drink too much coffee and I smoke.

I constantly look stoned apparently, judge for yourself

I have tattoo's on both wrists, but now that I've found out that the ink they use isn't veggie (thanks to the thread here) I feel like I'm wearing my hypocrisy on my sleeve so to speak. I plan on getting more but researching the aul' ink situatuion a bit more first.

....cannay think of much else to write, I may edit this post if I think of anything, but hello to you all anyway.

http://twitter.com/account/profile_i...ce?hreflang=en

Edit: am i allowed post a link here? not even sure if it'll work unless you're signed into twitter. I can't post a proper pic coz I'm in work, I will at a later date

Last edited by AssaultedPeanut; 10-07-2009 at 10:36. Reason: Felt like it
Thanks from:
09-07-2009, 04:53   #9
entropi
Mark It Zero!!

Ah sure why not

I'm Darren and i'm a vegetarian *hi Darren* anyways yeah been veggie for bout 2 years now. Went back to college over 2 years ago and am in my last year of study of Sports Therapy. I'm 28 (people still dont guess my age correctly) and have been here in the city centre of Dublin all of my life. No tats no piercings either.

I dont smoke, i do drink and my fave food is strawberries!!

Obligatory pic of myself (in the white) and a friend at a recent music festival

Last edited by entropi; 22-01-2013 at 22:29.
Advertisement
09-07-2009, 09:02   #10
maameeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Nothing View Post
Ah sure why not

I'm Darren and i'm a vegetarian *hi Darren* anyways yeah been veggie for bout 2 years now. Went back to college over 2 years ago and am in my last year of study of Sports Therapy. I'm 28 (people still dont guess my age correctly) and have been here in the city centre of Dublin all of my life. No tats no piercings either.

ur 28?!!!
um what moisturiser do u use
09-07-2009, 09:04   #11
maameeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementedsoul View Post

....cannay think of much else to write, I may edit this post if I think of anything, but hello to you all anyway.

u look like a lil blue box with a question mark to me

aww more pics!!
09-07-2009, 17:09   #12

Hello fellow tinterweb users,

Vegetarian for nearly 20 years, flirted with being a Vegan and didn't get on very well. I love milk,eggs and cheese too much sadly. I'm *cough*36*cough* years old.

Originally from England, living in the Sunny South East for 7 years, working as a Registered Nurse.

3 kids 6,4 and 1, and are all the absolute business, easily my 3 proudest achievements!!

Spare time mostly wrangling the kids but I'm also a video game Nerd, love watching Sport, listening to music (taste is stuck in the mid 90s) (Gene, Bluetones, Longpigs, Blur, Manics etc.), watching films and TV (recommend SPACED as required viewing!)

I am happy in a miserable sort of way.

Last edited by Dozen Wicked Words; 09-07-2009 at 22:30.
09-07-2009, 18:17   #13
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Yay! replies! I thought darren was 19/20! Shock.
I see a lot like fantasy like me and a lot did engineering. :-o

More pix!

Me in sketch form, at a sports day in the company I used to work for:
09-07-2009, 19:06   #14
sweet-rasmus

Send a message via MSN to sweet-rasmus
I suppose I’ll join in! I’m a Dun Laoghaire gal, been vegan for the past 3 years and was vegetarian for 6 years previous to that. I am currently doing a PhD in the field of chemistry... And I absolutely love to bake vegan cakes; you try and stop me! Mmmmm vegan doughnuts, profiteroles, sticky toffee pudding, cookies, orange chocolate muffins, chocolate mousse...

Last edited by sweet-rasmus; 10-04-2010 at 12:19.
09-07-2009, 21:29   #15
Aoifums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Nothing View Post
Ah sure why not

You're 28??? What's your secret? I must know!!

And sweet-rasmus, did you leave out your age on purpose?

Last edited by Aoifums; 09-07-2009 at 21:32.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion