Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UV Meter?

Options
  • 16-06-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could pick up a UV meter, I did a quick quick on Amazon but didnt see anything. Example below of the kind of thing I'd like to get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIMEHGtTgA

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

That particular one is available direct from Arbour Scientific - they will ship to Ireland & I think you're just below the customs duty limit
    It's also available on Amazon.com but they're slightly more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭traco

Where are you located - I've one here in the office. If you want a reading I can walk outside and take one??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

traco wrote: »
    Where are you located - I've one here in the office. If you want a reading I can walk outside and take one??

Would be able to take one on the 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Lumi wrote: »
    That particular one is available direct from Arbour Scientific - they will ship to Ireland & I think you're just below the customs duty limit
    It's also available on Amazon.com but they're slightly more expensive

That's great, I saw it on the us amazon but was worried about getting hit with customs.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Would be able to take one on the 21st?

I'll throw it in the car tomorrow and hopefully remember. Guess noon would be the best time in direct sunlight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I'll throw it in the car tomorrow and hopefully remember. Guess noon would be the best time in direct sunlight??

It's noon for the equator, about 1 or 2p.m for Ireland: http://www.uvawareness.com/uv-index/uv-index.php?location=dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

At about 13:30 the sun will be at it's highest in Ireland through the summer months. Only a few minutes difference between the extreme N/S/E/W points on the island.

http://www.suncalc.net/#/53.2755,-7.4934,6/2014.06.21/23:34

Just had a look in the lab and its not here. I've been told its on a customer site with some equipment so just double checking that now. If its is then we're out of luck unfortunately. I'll update once I know.

Update - it is with a customer so unfortunately not available to me this weekend.

Advertisement