Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The very notion of going to see a hologram in concert, WT actual F? Not even if it was Freddie Mercury....

Is that the Roy Orbison/Buddy Holly one,I saw it advertised and thought wtf also,I'd rather listen to a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Is that the Roy Orbison/Buddy Holly one,I saw it advertised and thought wtf also,I'd rather listen to a CD.

I heard an ad on the radio for the Whitney Houston hologram tour that's coming to Dublin next year. Oh my dear Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would not be going to see a Whitney Houston hologram show if it was in my front room.

My TA is that I am cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I heard an ad on the radio for the Whitney Houston hologram tour that's coming to Dublin next year. Oh my dear Lord.

I wasnt a fan,but God let the woman rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When there's nothing nice to have with your tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The very notion of going to see a hologram in concert, WT actual F? Not even if it was Freddie Mercury....

On a par with going to see a “live” DJ....always thought sounded weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd by the poster who said he puts fag butts in his pockets so as not to litter. Cool but your clothes will STINK now. I hate the stench of spent cigs/tapped cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

gifted wrote: »
    You sure it's tan?

“ yes, cos it tasted like tan” 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

People gleefully driving into an almost inaccessible space in a car park and then taking forever to reverse out.
    Why don't people reverse into the space? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd by the poster who said he puts fag butts in his pockets so as not to litter. Cool but your clothes will STINK now. I hate the stench of spent cigs/tapped cigs.
    I'd applaud him.
    It's not his fault if there's not adequate bins.
    Cigarette butts are nasty litter.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

When there's nothing nice to have with your tea
    That just shouldn't happen, especially of a Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

RTÉ Player. 2 adds working fine then buffering like sh*te when you want to watch something live.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    RTÉ Player. 2 adds working fine then buffering like sh*te when you want to watch something live.

Then it errors out and the 2 adds come on again. I've had to stop using it to save my own mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When people pronounce Ireland as eyeland/island, it's excruciating to have to hear them.
    Learn how to say it properly, you silly gooses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Then it errors out and the 2 adds come on again. I've had to stop using it to save my own mental health.

It's a shambles. I had to turn it off for my own mental health too. Complete rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When people pronounce Ireland as eyeland/island, it's excruciating to have to hear them.

I cant stand the way the Americans pronounce Ireland.It just really grates on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

The cat sauntered into the kitchen through the window last night with a huge rat in her mouth :( she just looked at me and dropped it on the floor don’t think I’m over the mini heart attack I took :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

js35 wrote: »
    The cat sauntered into the kitchen through the window last night with a huge rat in her mouth :( she just looked at me and dropped it on the floor don’t think I’m over the mini heart attack I took :pac:

Dead, I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

js35 wrote: »

She was bringing you a “present”. Take it as a compliment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

honeybear wrote: »
    She was bringing you a “present”. Take it as a compliment!

Or she thinks you’re a rubbish hunter and was showing you how it’s done!

TA post holiday blues, and washing and tidying ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Dead, I hope?

Yep thank god :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The way I am lying here means there is a slight shine on the screen & I can't see it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

Having a cup of tea, not usually a tea drinker and the tea bags are from Aldi.....anyone got a Barrys tea bag to spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Aib's new app has a quick balance check button. It lies like a cheap Chinese watch :(
    It told me I had more in my current a/c than I actually have.

Explains why a few transactions went wrong today :/ (at least it's nothing serious, ie. my card hasn't been skimmed, scanned or wtf It's called, this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That's what my UK cousins say. It annoys me until I remember that I used to have the same accent, long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you come across an absolute babe on Tinder and you don’t match straight away. Then you’re waiting and wondering if they haven’t come across you yet, or they have and they just don’t like you :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

English friend now living in Greece and with no significant links to the US. Posts on Facebook about the "Trump revolution " on a daily basis.

More generally TA about people being self appointed unpaid PR agents and full time one woman/man propaganda channels for whatever political party, belief system or group they're drawn to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you acdiently change the lanuage on a website/device your using and you can't figure out for to go back to English!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That today is Monday and tye weekend goes too face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Hoppy Jack

That today is Monday and tye weekend goes too face.

Yes I also hate it when things go face

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement