Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-07-2019, 10:11   #16
GetWithIt

https://developers.arcgis.com/ is freely available with usage limits of 1 million map or address queries per month.
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 10:14   #17
rivegauche

https://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm
"[12th July 2018] Unfortunately, due to a large price increase in back-end services, we can no longer offer some features on this page or have had to use alternative providers."

https://obeattie.github.io/gmaps-rad...&z=10&u=mi&r=5
"⚠️ I am sorry this tool isn't working properly.
Google has recently started charging for its Maps API, and I got billed >$1000 for people's use of this tool during August 2018. I can't afford this, so I have had to disable the billing for now. This is why you now see ugly warnings over the map. I am trying to work with Google to get this fixed without costing me lots of money, but I don't know if that will be possible. If you have any clever ideas, ping me on Twitter @obeattie."
12-07-2019, 11:29   #18
harringtonp

Thanks guys. There is a big development effort in using any maps API, unfortunately its not something you can change at the drop of a hat.

If I were to change would want to be fairly confident that it would stay free. I gather something like openstreetmaps will always be open source and free.
28-07-2019, 11:23   #19
DaCor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harringtonp View Post
Thanks guys. There is a big development effort in using any maps API, unfortunately its not something you can change at the drop of a hat.

If I were to change would want to be fairly confident that it would stay free. I gather something like openstreetmaps will always be open source and free.
OSM will always be open, however be careful using their tiles as you will get blocked if you are hitting the servers too much.

There are a number of tile providers that are based on OSM, e.g. Mapbox that are ready made for apps, sites etc which allow a high degree of customisations
Thanks from:
25-08-2019, 13:19   #20
StereoSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCor View Post
OSM will always be open, however be careful using their tiles as you will get blocked if you are hitting the servers too much.

There are a number of tile providers that are based on OSM, e.g. Mapbox that are ready made for apps, sites etc which allow a high degree of customisations
Is Mapbox free to use ?
Advertisement
25-08-2019, 13:24   #21
Talisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoSound View Post
Is Mapbox free to use ?
Mapbox is a pay as you go service. The pricing is visible on the website - Mapbox Pricing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion