Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for playing with friends

• 22-03-2020 7:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to play some No Limit Holdem with about 8 friends, just wondering if anyone can recommend some apps or sites for doing it?

We had a test game on Pokerrrr 2, some people didn't like the finicky hand gestures required and also we've used up the free gold, we'll have to pay for hosting now. If there's a better (ideally free) way of playing online, would love to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi all,

Looking to play some No Limit Holdem with about 8 friends, just wondering if anyone can recommend some apps or sites for doing it?

We had a test game on Pokerrrr 2, some people didn't like the finicky hand gestures required and also we've used up the free gold, we'll have to pay for hosting now. If there's a better (ideally free) way of playing online, would love to know.

tried pokerstars there. I can see it will be the best but its wild complex setting up a basic tournament...there is so much setting that I am not aware of..

Just want to virtualize what would be a game in the kitchen with about 6/7 lads 20 euro a head set blinds with them going up over a certain period no limit texas holdem

Any help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭chewed

skinny90 wrote: »
    tried pokerstars there. I can see it will be the best but its wild complex setting up a basic tournament...there is so much setting that I am not aware of..

Just want to virtualize what would be a game in the kitchen with about 6/7 lads 20 euro a head set blinds with them going up over a certain period no limit texas holdem

Any help

Does Pokerstars have a webcam option? I'd love to be able to interact with my mates as well as playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭NSAman

Tinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Radioheader

chewed wrote: »
    Does Pokerstars have a webcam option? I'd love to be able to interact with my mates as well as playing.

Use Zoom or WebEx on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24490
    With all live poker stopped for now most are going online with a few of the operators using an app called pokio, the idea they set up a club within the app and run their own tournaments as they would have and let their members join. I'd imagine you can setup your own and send the I'd to all your friends. Seems to be taking off too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

Also in pokerstars have you looked at the home games, a lot of twitch users have their own communities and run their own games haven't done it but seems to be easy enough to set up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Had a game on pokerstars last night and used a separate app for video call. Was good in general however one of my mates couldn't play as he only has access to an iPad and wasn't able to join the poker club or tournament that I set up. It looked like it just isn't supported.

Is there another site that would let someone on iPad play with desktop users?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

NuttKicker wrote: »
    Also in pokerstars have you looked at the home games, a lot of twitch users have their own communities and run their own games haven't done it but seems to be easy enough to set up

Just in the process of setting this up. Do you know where home games are so I can set up a Club?? Thanks

509079.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

flanzer wrote: »
    Just in the process of setting this up. Do you know where home games are so I can set up a Club?? Thanks

509079.PNG

You have to click More at the bottom right of the screen.

Advertisement