Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plywood MSDS or CE marks

• 29-10-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Did anyone managed to get MSDS or CE marks for plywood of their merchants? I tried e-mailing to few of them and non of them responded.

I wanted to know which class are the boards for formaldehyde levels in them as I am building some children furniture and I want E1 or even better E0 boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

In my experience timber dealers that are perfectly helpful in person or even over the phone are still a complete disaster at doing anything by email, even when they have email addresses listed on their website for sending in cutting lists. They're just not quite "there yet" for that kind of communication - better off just dropping in and having the conversation with the racks of ply in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭brane.nikic87

Thank you,

I will go there and have a word with them.

After researching I learned that I should use externally graded ply as it should be bonded with phenol glue as opposed to internally graded which is bonded with glue that contains urea-formaldehyde.

Advertisement