Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you get a break/holiday this year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Finished here tomorrow at 5.30 and back 6am Monday week, can't bloody wait.

3rd cut ready to cut but didn't attempt this week due to weather, I hope it's done while I'm away. If it's not we'll do following week.

Passed Bord Bia audit today, glad it's off the list

Lying back here taking it easy. Going surfing with the kids each day, contractor knocking silage this pm. He's using our Tedder, baling and stacking while I'm away. How can he balls it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

How can he balls it up?

Touch wood they're not famous last words :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Down near Dungarvan on a campsite. Lovely day today, glad we didn't go to Donegal!
    Green way cycling in the morning and then sea kayaking tomorrow evening. Going shooting Saturday afternoon.
    Well worth getting away.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Down near Dungarvan on a campsite. Lovely day today, glad we didn't go to Donegal!
    Green way cycling in the morning and then sea kayaking tomorrow evening. Going shooting Saturday afternoon.
    Well worth getting away.

Only inishowen that was badly affected so they tell me anyway. Im away for a week in carrick on shannon.
    Cows were in last night but back out today and apparently the fields are surprisingly hard at home "Donegal"

Ah, it would have been up around Clonmany we would have headed. Enjoy Carrick. Have a peep into the Costello Chapel.
    A Leitrim love story in stone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Base price

satstheway wrote: »
    Only inishowen that was badly affected so they tell me anyway. Im away for a week in carrick on shannon.
    Cows were in last night but back out today and apparently the fields are surprisingly hard at home "Donegal"
    My SIL was traveling from Dublin home to a few miles north of Buncrana last night. She was due home at 8pm. She made it back to the house at 3.30am this morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Bullocks wrote: »
    Do I remember you saying ye go on a 3 week holidays ? Did ye go this year ?

3 weeks would be nice. Only 10 days this year. Bils wedding blew the budget.

Well worth getting away.

Where are ye going kayaking?

Out from the beach at Caseys. Near Clonea.

Two hour trip, might bring the fishing rod if its practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Every minute is precious with the small ones enjoy them before they grow up.
    The farm will still be there by the time you get back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I said wrote: »

Indeed, our eldest is 15 in a few weeks but thankfully still enthusiastic about being away with us on the holidays. Might only be a few more years in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Indeed, our eldest is 15 in a few weeks but thankfully still enthusiastic about being away with us on the holidays. Might only be a few more years in it.
    I was saying to our eldest lad who's 16 that he probably wont want to come with us on holiday next year, he wasnt impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

.... Bils wedding blew the budget.

Eh.... Your sister's wedding u mean?? :)

So True. I also find though that every minute away from them is equally precious as it happens so rarely!!!!

Muckit wrote: »
    Eh.... Your sister's wedding u mean?? :)

Nope. Gifts, stags, weekend in a five star. Put a nice hole in the holiday fund and Mrs freedoms days off.

Nope. Gifts, stags, weekend in a five star. Put a nice hole in the holiday fund and Mrs freedoms days off.

Ah l was a bit slow there...your Mrs' brother!

Oh sure going to a wedding is easily the price of a holiday!! Twud shock us men if we knew what even our other half spend on paint and powder and magic knickers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

satstheway wrote: »
    Well worth getting away.

Will you take in any of the tourist attractions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Muckit wrote: »
    Ah l was a bit slow there...your Mrs' brother!

Oh sure going to a wedding is easily the price of a holiday!! Twud shock us men if we knew what even our other half spend on paint and powder and magic knickers!!

Tell us more about these magic knickers . ....
    Weddings are a joke and time we abandoned the idea of them IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

In lahinch ,tis fookin Baltic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Sure you didnt have to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

degetme wrote:
    Went to Westport there the bank holiday weekend. Nice spot up that side of country. Good to get away from the farm.

Was there for the honeymoon, for 4 nights dropped into kinvarra on the way home for a night. Was in poland earlier in the year for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

mahoney_j wrote: »
    It's actually fairly mild :D not a nice day for Lahinch all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Will you take in any of the tourist attractions?

With 3 young kids there aint no attractions to suit.
    But its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I can't stand my kids at times. Especially the 2& half year old. He's hard work. Thats why I go on holidays on my own, leave the kids at home with herself. She goes on her own too, leaves the kids with me

Reggie. wrote: »
    Sure you didnt have to go

I wasn't complaining merely explaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I can't stand my kids at times. Especially the 2& half year old. He's hard work. Thats why I go on holidays on my own, leave the kids at home with herself. She goes on her own too, leaves the kids with me
    I'm not the only one so , I don't go on holidays in my own but it's no harm to leave them at home !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Down the road from you. Surfing, well kids were while I towed them out from 10 till 1. Lunch and back at it from 3-6.

Wetsuits essential

Pile of pints now. Giddy up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Bullocks wrote: »
    Tell us more about these magic knickers . ....
    Weddings are a joke and time we abandoned the idea of them IMO

Fecking weddings are lasting longer than the marriages nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

It's actually fairly mild :D not a nice day for Lahinch all the same though.

Christ good job I didn't go in a bad day so !!!windy wet and cold pure miserable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭visatorro

Christ good job I didn't go in a bad day so !!!windy wet and cold pure miserable

I dunno still something fresh about the sea air and somebody else cooking for ya!

Advertisement