Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Wailin wrote: »
    Coded in the angel eyes to 100%, I think they were at 16% or something. Very bright, maybe a bit too bright.

Different car but on the Golf i coded the LEDs to be at around 60 odd % (can't remember exactly) when the dips are on, they are 100% as default when dips are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

tossy wrote: »
    Different car but on the Golf i coded the LEDs to be at around 60 odd % (can't remember exactly) when the dips are on, they are 100% as default when dips are off.

Yeah mine is 100% on when dips are off, I think 16% when on. I will drop them to 50 or 60% for dips on as it's too bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Wailin wrote: »
    Yeah mine is 100% on when dips are off, I think 16% when on. I will drop them to 50 or 60% for dips on as it's too bright.

I have it at 100% for both...I don't find it too bright at all, never had an issue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I have it at 100% for both...I don't find it too bright at all, never had an issue :pac:

Your the equivalent modern day K11 Micra owner with their fogs turned on :D

Your the equivalent modern day K11 Micra owner with their fogs turned on :D

They're nowhere near as bad as that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

IdKXxxE.jpg

Paid off the Corsa today, delighted! It was bought for the new job last October so hasn't been driven much and not sure when it will be really needed again with WFH (but at the moment, its worth keeping so neither myself / missus + kids are "stuck home"). For now, it picks up the takeaway so I don't stink up the Karoq :)

The HP rate was uncomfortably high on this (close to 20% over 4 years) and it bugged me since the start as I needed a car quick - so to get that out of the way, it's a relief!

Rule number 1 - focus on the highest interest loans first. We've been fortunate enough to save cash at the moment so it's the perfect time to clear some unwanted debt. I've saved about €1700 by paying it off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Swapped out our Seat Leon Estate for a Renault Megane Estate yesterday. Very happy with it.

Such a better looking car and much higher spec than the one it replaces. I think that its one of the best looking estate cars out there after an RS6. Spent the morning giving it a proper clean. Was nervous about the reliability so we will see how that goes, but it has 4 years warranty so will likely change it just as that runs out anyway.

F1YxhXw.jpg
    Sb1P9yx.jpg
    10H3HNu.jpg
    L6UCEys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Have to agree, think they’re a really good looking estate. I rented one on holidays last year and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Picked up the new whip today, Cupra 290 ST. First petrol in over ten years. Bucket seats are sublime.

IMG_20200530_200318.jpg

IMG_20200530_200230.jpg

IMG_20200530_174552_MP.jpg

Lovely car, well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

2 weeks ago I gave the car a good clean and waxing only for it to look like this a few days later despite not having moved. :mad:

49955695201_e1ca7581bc_b.jpg

Anyway last night 2 applications of Bilt Hamber autofoam and rinsing melted the dust off easily, hardly needed a shampoo later. Didn't go overboard as it will no doubt be dusty again in a few days. Car is a 530i M-Sport Plus

49955692956_082146183f_b.jpg

49955692836_3d99f56002_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Cool 5 series and wheelz.
    Please share interior pics ViperIrl

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So jealous, some serious motors on here....

So nice to see anything with more then steelies.....

Seriously need to get the wife to start contributing and hopefully be able to get something nice...

Gave it a good wash last night. Got to try out some Bilt Hamber snow foam. Brilliant stuff.

20200602-155022.jpg

20200602-155914.jpg

20200602-155454.jpg

Given the dust that's settling on the car I found that using snowfoam alone was enough to get the paintwork perfect. I did give it a proper wash afterwards and there literally wasn't any debris at all at the bottom of the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

De-badged the big SDRIVE20i, KY reg has been handy at home.

MfcSBlr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Given the dust that's settling on the car I found that using snowfoam alone was enough to get the paintwork perfect. I did give it a proper wash afterwards and there literally wasn't any debris at all at the bottom of the bucket.

Snowfoam and rinse is about all I am doing at the moment.
    Car is badly crying out for a wheels off clean.

After a good clean recently.
    49940244892_d45629e9b9_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Gave it a good wash last night. Got to try out some Bilt Hamber snow foam. Brilliant stuff.

All the pretty BMW's being posted and there's my one outside covered in bird poop. Is that a 320d?

Plans have changed for my wagon, it's going into a shed and I'm buying something I can actually tax!

All the pretty BMW's being posted and there's my one outside covered in bird poop. Is that a 320d?

It is indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

How in the name of god can't I upload a pic that's not an attachment. It can't be this hard....

Anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Cian86 wrote: »
    How in the name of god can't I upload a pic that's not an attachment. It can't be this hard....

Anyone help?

Upload as an attachment.. Open the attachment and copy the URL. Insert as image into post

Anyone help?

https://postimages.org

Upload your photo there, copy the second link and insert [ IMG ] - [ /IMG ] either side of the link but don't space the brackets like I've done here.

IMG-20200601-134030-2.jpg

IMG-20200501-160345.jpg

https://postimages.org

Upload your photo there, copy the second link and insert [ IMG ] - [ /IMG ] either side of the link but don't space the brackets like I've done here.

Bingo. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

TT is looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

It might be an ancient design at this stage, but I still love my B6 Avant

wallpaper1000.jpg
    wallpaper21000.jpg

Nope. Still a fab car, particulary in estate/Avant with those door sill spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

@MadMike,
    was that the A4 Avant I recommended a year or two ago on here? Bought privately from a guy in Blanch?

• Advertisement

Nope. Still a fab car, particulary in estate/Avant with those door sill spoilers.

And also when it's in as good condition as that :eek:

Advertisement