Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭endainoz

Zardoz wrote:
    Tickets for this will be going for buttons next summer ,RDS is way too big a venue .

With the bands considered, I wouldn't say it's too big a venue. I don't see it selling out immediately or anything. But it'll get a good crowd for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

endainoz wrote: »
    With the bands considered, I wouldn't say it's too big a venue. I don't see it selling out immediately or anything. But it'll get a good crowd for sure.
    38k venue, I don't see this selling out. Green Day could sell about 20k max, Weezer 3k max, Fallout Boy about 2k max

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Fallout Boy about 2k max

Are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

38k venue, I don't see this selling out. Green Day could sell about 20k max, Weezer 3k max, Fallout Boy about 2k max

Fallout Boy played the 3 Arena in 2015 and there was approx. 10k at it.

For this gig its the "package" of the 3 bands that will appeal to people, only downside is the day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PCros wrote: »
    only downside is the day of the week.

A day in the summer known at a years notice...bleedin weekend warriors :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Haha I know...I'm all over it!

But you just know there'll be the few who wake up on the Monday after a heavy weekend and they'll be straight onto adverts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

FoB are a bigger draw than Weezer, easily

2K is mental!

Not much of a fallout boy fan, but they would sell a lot more than 2k tickets. I think they'll shift more than 30k tickets easily. Maybe not a total sell out though. Mid week is always going to go against it for anyone not from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pre sale codes are out and nothing earth shattering and could easily be guessed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FOB and Weezer mailing list pre sales are 10am tomorrow with Green Days mailing list at 11am (Webstore presale is 10am)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would have thought Green Day would be a pretty big seller too

Think I'll hold off til nearer the time though, noticing cheap tickets available before a lot of gigs these days.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pre sale codes are out and nothing earth shattering and could easily be guessed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FOB and Weezer mailing list pre sales are 10am tomorrow with Green Days mailing list at 11am (Webstore presale is 10am)

What do you mean nothing earth shattering? Tickets aren't even on sale yet?

DylanB85 wrote: »

Its a pretty standard code and not really a unique one

DylanB85 wrote: »

I think he means the actual code - its the name of the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I think he means the actual code - its the name of the tour.

10 presale as a unique code afaik,
    11 is just a standard one

and MCD's will be standard also

Its a pretty standard code and not really a unique one

Oh really? The one I got from FOB's mailing list seems unique.

Just checked the Green Day email. Yeah, you're right sorry :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    10 presale as a unique code afaik,
    11 is just a standard one

and MCD's will be standard also

The 10am code is the pre-order album one.

19292s.jpg

could look something like this

68742397_10156810423264372_151224754815107072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQntbkoKbsR45d7jqmXTWVShkVTykJ8j21eUu1Kkz6TXIkbGDhuQjIXEiWf5gq4Vgjk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=50341d4c45046b1274b89f708a366a40&oe=5E03A750

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What are the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

19292s.jpg

could look something like this

68742397_10156810423264372_151224754815107072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQntbkoKbsR45d7jqmXTWVShkVTykJ8j21eUu1Kkz6TXIkbGDhuQjIXEiWf5gq4Vgjk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=50341d4c45046b1274b89f708a366a40&oe=5E03A750
    No under 16’s in the standing area? Is that unaccompanied by an adult or are under 16’s actuality forbidden from entering the standing area?

I ask because I’ve a 15 year old wanting to go.

No under 16’s in the standing area? Is that unaccompanied by an adult or are under 16’s actuality forbidden from entering the standing area?

I ask because I’ve a 15 year old wanting to go.

Yes they have to be over 16 to stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yes they have to be over 16 to stand.

I hear its when the stabilisers just pop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just listened to Pinkerton....I may have to revise my not being able to go to this

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Where'd ya see that? Having been in Pitch1 for Foo Fighters I'd gladly pay an extra tenner to be in there

Didn't manage to get Pitch 1 for the Foos, what was like?
    Was on pitch 2 but couldn't see much (I'm a shortie) Still had a ball though!

Definitely up for this and will try for Pitch 1 for sure! Have waited patiently since the 90s to get to chance to see Weezer live! Ek!

I don't think a presale code would be necessary here. I'll probably go but will also wait till closer to the date. Only just recently forked out cash for EP next year so funds are a little light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Mushy wrote: »
    Just listened to Pinkerton....I may have to revise my not being able to go to this

They probably won't play anything off Pinkerton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just checked ticket prices for Seattle (closest one to me) - $216.30 for GA after all the TM fees. Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They probably won't play anything off Pinkerton.

I know, that wouldn't bother me too much. Serious missed opportunity if El Scorcho isn't on setlist though what with the Green Day reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sheog wrote: »

Definitely up for this and will try for Pitch 1 for sure! Have waited patiently since the 90s to get to chance to see Weezer live! Ek!

Incredible. It's all personal but I wouldn't go to most gigs if I had pitch 2. You can end up so far back unless you're in early and it can really get rammed. That said, some have had great experiences.

With Pitch 1, you can stand near the back and still be super close without being enveloped in a huge crowd. It's incredibly worth it. You can move around pretty handily too.

Just checked ticket prices for Seattle (closest one to me) - $216.30 for GA after all the TM fees. Good night.

Why are American concerts so ****ing expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sheog wrote: »

Perfect, Nice and easy to get within 30 yards of the stage, with enough space to get out and back if you need a drink or toilet break. Nothin obscuring views, and decent set of fans (seeing as you were around the first 5,000 people who bought tickets so in theory all fans)

Advertisement