Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Oh we have lots of other options other than A and B. How about

C) Increase taxes on those who don't work for a living - those who earn their living from properties, or stockholdings or those who inherit significant wealth or just assets generally
    D) Increase taxes on the corporations that are laughing their asses off at the idea that their real profit is €20m or €30m on income of €10 billion or €20 billion. I'm looking at you, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and your fellow travellers
    E) Reduce the amounts creamed off by lawyers and other experts throughout every aspect of the legal system, as Shatter tried to do .
    F) Reduce the subsidies to industries supported by Enterprise Ireland, IDA, Intertrade, Failte Ireland and others - let industries actually stand on their own two feet and stop creaming off the State.

Should we keep going on a few other options?

That basically breaks down as tax those who participate and contribute in the economy and give it to those who don't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,718 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Blueshoe wrote: »
    That basically breaks down as tax those who participate and contribute in the economy and give it to those who don't

And you're reductionism is that those who don't work choose not to. Layabouts to use your term. Instead of the obvious safety net to help those get over a period of difficulty before they find something else. There are obviously those who abuse the system but throwing the baby out with the bathwater over your short sighted attitude toward jobseekers is asinine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Over 1 billion per annum handed to those on the live register.
    What a waste of my money

Edit. It's actually 2,397,434,000 euro down the drain every year

1.6bn is the Job Seekers Allowance budget for this year AFAIK.

So unless you are saying all of this is spent outside the state, I can't see how it is going "down the drain".

The majority of that is being directly injected into the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He just pointed out a solution to the problem you posed.
    All of our public services require more funding. The money isn't there to give it to them.

This isn't hard follow.

Any mods on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Any mods on here?

If you want a mod to look at something, use the Report Post function

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't want you to look at something. I want a red card from the site so I can never come back on here again even if I wanted to deal with the clowns that frequent it.

Can you arrange it

How can I put this nicely? I’m not here to be your mother. Manage yourself and don’t engage here if it doesn’t suit you. If you want to close your account, you will find a link to do so in your User Control Panel.

dudara

Boggles wrote: »
    He just pointed out a solution to the problem you posed.

This isn't hard follow.

Punish the contributors and reward the leeches.

https://youtu.be/U06jlgpMtQs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Agree with the substance of your point, but nurses aren't "appalling poorly paid" - sure, they earn more money over in Qatar, but that's not really the same thing as being "appalling poorly paid".

As someone who processes payroll for nurses I an confirm they are anything but poorly paid, they earn fantastic money.

Problem is, especially in the HSE, they are horrifically overworked and given all the responsibility without any of the power.

A wise man once said to me you can not expect people to take over responsibility without power.

In other words if we want our nurses to be happy in this country they need to be able to prescribe drugs, order x rays and scans and admit and discharge patients.

Otherwise, all they can do is keep patients calm whilst they wait for the cocky consultants to turn up whenever they feel like it.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Never said that and many white people have raped women which is a disgrace and they should be locked up for a life sentence and I mean the rest of their life behind bars not 20 or 25 years in jail and that would apply regardless of skin colour or religion.

But there is a particular problem with Islam as it promotes the mistreatment of women and pedophilia. Look at Mohammed as a prime example he is according to Islam the perfect man who can do no wrong or evil but yet he married a 6 year old and shagged her when she was 9.

That's according to the Kuran right? Similar to that other book the bible where Mary the Virgin gave birth and a man came back to life?

I.E. Fairy stories. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    That would be the belief by many Muslims that he married Aisha when she was 6 and shagged her when she was 9. I'm not a fan of any religion including Christaianity but there just seems to be a lot more credibility to it than Islam who just seems to me like a complete load of made up nonsense that goes against human nature.

Don't get me wrong Christanity has a lot of made up nonsense to it too but Islam more so. Fasting during Ramadan for example is not natural and allows an excuse for people to turn to gluttony. Christanity also doesn't have nonsense like circumcision both male and female.

There are actually many valid arguments for male circumcision, I prefer a circumcised one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

We may have different definitions of 'participate and contribute'. Maybe your definition is closer to 'sell ads based on information acquired by questionable means, facilitate buying and selling of elections, and enable bullying of vulnerable children'.

Why should I have to suffer for someone that shouldn't be even in the country but they get treatment straight away as the authorities have a duty of care but yet I have to be on a waiting list, my mother had cancer and had to lay in a corridor in A&E for over 24hours listening and seeing all sorts of abuse etc.....
    Are you saying that immigrants get treated in hospital before you?

We may have different definitions of 'participate and contribute'. Maybe your definition is closer to 'sell ads based on information acquired by questionable means, facilitate buying and selling of elections, and enable bullying of vulnerable children'.

Participate as in have a job and pay tax

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They get free health care and if in centres or detention they do yes.

No idea. One is a nut job the other lives in a shed out the back of his mammies house

You do realise you're in a thread about GOD so what is the point of your countless posts about useless dole heads other than to of course point out that Gemma is one of them?

pinkyeye wrote: »
    You do realise you're in a thread about GOD so what is the point of your countless posts about useless dole heads other than to of course point out that Gemma is one of them?

What's your point though?

Like Gemma and Rowan do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,718 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And when you lose your job, getting a new one is not cut and dry or guaranteed, for a host of understandable reasons as varied as there are industries to work in. Are you totally against any form of social safety net, purely on the generalisation that those without jobs are immediate layabouts? "Getting a job" isn't easy. Sorry, let me rephrase, "getting a job that pays bills and keeps a family going" isn't easy. Hell, changing jobs isn't easy. This is social democracy, this is what it means. You pay into a pot understanding that it could happen to you.

Like Gemma and Rowan do?

No they are also parasites

pixelburp wrote: »
    And when you lose your job, getting a new one is not cut and dry or guaranteed, for a host of understandable reasons as varied as there are industries to work in. Are you totally against any form of social safety net, purely on the generalisation that those without jobs are immediate layabouts? "Getting a job" isn't easy. Sorry, let me rephrase, "getting a job that pays bills and keeps a family going" isn't easy. Hell, changing jobs isn't easy. This is social democracy, this is what it means. You pay into a pot understanding that it could happen to you.

Genuine cases are no issue. That's why we pay prsi. The type that don't want to work is who I'm referring to

• Advertisement

What's your point though?

My point is that ranting about useless dole heads in a thread about GOD and her supporter Rowan is idiotic in the extreme as they are both useless dole heads.

Don't know how that's difficult to understand?

No they are also parasites

Okay, so you're posting here to say GOD and Rowan are parasites?

That's fair enough.

My point is that ranting about useless dole heads in a thread about GOD and her supporter Rowan is idiotic in the extreme as they are both useless dole heads.

Don't know how that's difficult to understand?

You just said they are dole heads. And iv been ranting about dole heads.
    I also called her a nut job and stated that he lives in a shed in his mammies garden.
    I also said both were parasites if they are leeching from the state and not contributing.

What's your issue now?

Genuine cases are no issue. That's why we pay prsi. The type that don't want to work is who I'm referring to

Hang on now, this whole rabbit hole started because by your own words... "It's actually 2,397,434,000 euro down the drain every year". If you weren't advocating junking the system for being a waste of money, it sure read that way.
    Nobody wants to see conartists prosper on the public purse, better monitoring is needed but I don't buy into an idea that all those on the Dole are schemers.

Everyone pays tax, every time they go into a shop or a pub.

They get free health care and if in centres or detention they do yes.

They get the same health care as anyone else with their income level, right?

They don't get to skip any queue in any hospital, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

That's according to the Kuran right? Similar to that other book the bible where Mary the Virgin gave birth and a man came back to life?

I.E. Fairy stories. :rolleyes:

Difference is in Islam the fairy stories are believed and in Christianity most people know they're bullsh1t

Everyone pays tax, every time they go into a shop or a pub.

Vat. Yes you are correct. And some get the money to buy those cigarettes and pints for free from the government.

While others pay Vat with money they have earned by getting up and going to work. These people also provide the free money for the first group. They also pay for the healthcare, education, housing and practically everything else for the first group.

Doesn't seem very fair does it comrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Vat. Yes you are correct. And some get the money to buy those cigarettes and pints for free from the government.

Nobody gets money for free. It is paid for by the tax payer. As someone who has been paying tax to our government for over 30 years I'm more than happy for some of it to be spent helping people who need help.

• Advertisement

Nobody gets money for free. It is paid for by the tax payer. As someone who has been paying tax to our government for over 30 years I'm more than happy for some of it to be spent helping people who need help.

It's free money to those who don't contribute. They don't earn any money. They are handed it. So you are wrong.

Do you consider those you have never worked not intend to as being in need of help?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement