Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The ordinary _ problems resolved?

• 26-05-2019 8:10pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So in desperation this week I went to Arnotts to buy the niacamilide anti blemish solution. I also got salicylic acid retinol and hylauronic acid (sorry for the spelling mistakes

I suffer from hormonal acne and in 36 hours the niac/zinc cream has has an amazing effect.

I've not yet tried anything else as i want to take it slow.

My question is after the recent turmoil is the company ok? The shelves in Arnotts were fully stocked yesterday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The Ordinary's founder was very troubled and sadly took his own life.

Long before that The Ordinary was bought over by Lauder Group and it seems to be going from strength to strength

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Yes the Ordinary products are great - no frills, very effective but quite strong so need to be introduced very slowly one by one particularly with the acids and retinol you bought.

If you contact The Ordinary Monkeys (as the online customer staff call themselves) through the Deciem website with your skin type and needs and the products you have, they will come back to you with a regime for AM and PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Anyone finding problems getting some of The Ordinary products? The 2% salicylic solution has been out of stock for ages and the webpage says "product being updated". The 30spf mineral suncream just says out of stock. It's a pain. I can't seem to get either of them anywhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Anyone finding problems getting some of The Ordinary products? The 2% salicylic solution has been out of stock for ages and the webpage says "product being updated". The 30spf mineral suncream just says out of stock. It's a pain. I can't seem to get either of them anywhere.

The salicylic acid is being reformulated apparently according to the ladies in Arnotts people were having adverse reactions

The spf was in Arnotts today I though

Stheno wrote: »
    The salicylic acid is being reformulated apparently according to the ladies in Arnotts people were having adverse reactions

The spf was in Arnotts today I though

I wonder how much of that was down to people using them incorrectly. A girl at work used the lactic acid and didn't bother with SPF after, her face was tomato red after it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I wonder how much of that was down to people using them incorrectly. A girl at work used the lactic acid and didn't bother with SPF after, her face was tomato red after it

The lady I spoke to in Arnotts said exactly that people were using it wrong

Stheno wrote: »
    The lady I spoke to in Arnotts said exactly that people were using it wrong

Not surprising. They've a huge array of acids at such a low price point that I'd say a lot of people were a bit too enthuasiastic

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Where in Arnotts is the Ordinary? I was in there on Sunday and must have looked like a loon doing laps of the makeup dept looking for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's beside menswear, keep heading towards the back of the cosmetics, take a right at the sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Twee. wrote: »
    It's beside menswear, keep heading towards the back of the cosmetics, take a right at the sunglasses.

Ah brill, will have a better look next week so. Thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Boots have a salicylic acid serum which has been filling the gap for me until they bring back the Ordinary version.

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    Boots have a salicylic acid serum which has been filling the gap for me until they bring back the Ordinary version.

Ooh I'll have to go find that! My poor skin misses it and I'm never down in Dublin to get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Ooh I'll have to go find that! My poor skin misses it and I'm never down in Dublin to get it there.

It has a terrrrrible pump but once you’re used to it, it’s ok!

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    It has a terrrrrible pump but once you’re used to it, it’s ok!

Lol yeah read the reviews and they all mention the pump. Not sure if can be decanted but I'll definitely pick it up this week to try.

Advertisement