Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames discussion & GAME SETUP / SIGN UP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yeah grand. We can probably leave it until after the WW game and i can grab some people who will be looking for a distraction when WW isnt an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

If it is after WW then you can put me down.

kitten_k wrote: »
    If it is after WW then you can put me down.

Yeah i think it will be. Can you pop here and throw in your details please?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...#post106222383

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Link not working for me. Is it the World Cup thread you are pointing me to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sorry pter, forgot to reply to pm. I'm up for it if ye still need 1

• Advertisement

Glad to have you on board Guffy. Click the link above. We will see how many players we will have, but make it work.

FYI, looking like it will be wc 5th march that we pick the teams and do the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

People fancy a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Werewolf week, probably won't been many around.

Now that ww is wrapped up, when is the wc starting?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »

If pter is on my team captaining he'll probably give me a clue for the assassin word :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    If pter is on my team captaining he'll probably give me a clue for the assassin word :pac::pac:

Great idea!

Kolido wrote: »

Let me look at my schedule now.

Ok ill do the world cup draw later today. We can schedule the first round of games for this week. The players in each game can arrange them for any time and date that suits them. So we could be up and running in the morning.

Ok we have 6 teams, so ill do the draw now.

TO THE WC THREAD!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cool to see codenames played online, we play it all the time at our boardgame meetups in person.

Interested in joining the WC, Tar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Just so you know, this is actually done, and there is a method for doing in the rules.

assasin = orange

words

red green yellow blue orange

clue: fruit 0
    guesses are unlimited, just like unlimited, but 0 signifies that you are clueing the assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

sKeith wrote: »
    Just so you know, this is actually done, and there is a method for doing in the rules.

assasin = orange

words

red green yellow blue orange

clue: fruit 0
    guesses are unlimited, just like unlimited, but 0 signifies that you are clueing the assassin.

The strategic thing to bear in mind is that the other team will also then have this information.
    Theres more you can go for strategy wise but cant be giving away all the secrets! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pter wrote: »
    Interested in joining the WC, Tar?

Don't have time right now but would play in the future, great work organising something like that.

• Advertisement

If anyone was having trouble finding the codenames sub forum on responsive or app, that issue should now be resolved.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Any codenames players interested in a meet up on 24th March?

Forum Games Beers

Thread with info :)

Codenames League starting shortly:

League of Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Guffy

Are the 9 and 8 word teams going to be assigned if its play once?

Planned format is for each team to play each other twice so both teams will have both. Captains do NOT have to alternate that's at team member discretion

Ok, I've had a question on the deduction of a point for a team hitting the assassin rule.

Are people in favour or against it? I can remove it if people think it's too punitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ok, I've had a question on the deduction of a point for a team hitting the assassin rule.

Are people in favour or against it? I can remove it if people think it's too punitive.

Should be eviler. like -4 points or -6 points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

As someone who hit the assassin in their game, I would suggest that you feel stupid enough without adding insult to injury.

To clarify question sKeith in sign up thread,

Yes 2 or less words remaining = 1 bonus point. Will edit OP to reflect. Thanks.

Will wait on a couple more to weigh in on assassin but I don't mind removing it fwiw.

• Advertisement

Never a big fan of point deduction but it could be interesting in this tournament. So if I hit the assassin with 2 words remaining, I get 0 points?

Advertisement